1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

He worked on many AC games, including the first.

I looked up the first nine-ball and yeah there was a similarity and yes, he worked on lot of AC games and Nine-Ball first appeared Master of Arena. And quick look on the net does state he is still the mecha designer for that game.

Hey guys, I know the VF-31F is open for pre-order on Jan 6th but what time does it open in Japan? Is there a US based website that I can place the pre-order? I live in California so any info would be greatly appreciated.

Keep an eye on amiami.com hlj.com cdjapan.com nippon-yasan.com - All based outside of USA. 2am CST, I think.

I do not know of a USA based site that can offer pre-orders. Direct all of your hate to Harmony Gold.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

1 hour ago, Mac said:

Hey guys, I know the VF-31F is open for pre-order on Jan 6th but what time does it open in Japan? Is there a US based website that I can place the pre-order? I live in California so any info would be greatly appreciated.

For you in California it should go up for pre-order at 11pm (the 5th) in your time zone.  Japan is seventeen hours ahead of you.  Others have already mentioned the sites you can order from.  I'd recommend signing up with an account at all of them listed now and be logged in waiting to go by 11pm.  Keep checking this forum as well.  The forum goers will post the direct links to the pre-orders as they appear.

Edited by Mommar

3 hours ago, ridgebacks said:

FYI, if you still wanna get a 31J, nippon-yasan is still open for order. I got an order in on 20th, and it shipped on 22nd.

I still don't have one but I'm not gonna pay NY, one of many scalper sites, 25,000 yen for a VF-31J.  If I can't get one for a reasonable price than screw it. 

1 hour ago, Muzaffar said:

I still don't have one but I'm not gonna pay NY, one of many scalper sites, 25,000 yen for a VF-31J.  If I can't get one for a reasonable price than screw it. 

Oh... I didn't know NY scalps that much...

It totals about 319 Canadian peso for me. Since I just got a new job with better pay, I wont' worry about that extra 46 C peso too much. But will keep it in mind next time.

26 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

ohh ok, well that might be doable, I'll just take a day off Friday and stay up late Thursday night with some drinks and participate in the MAAAADNESS!!! B)):rolleyes:

To be honest I've always just logged into all of my accounts, gone to bed, and let my alarm wake me up fifteen minutes before the pre-orders go up.  Then go back to bed afterward. It's worked so far.

Edited by Mommar

I preordered the Super Parts today from NY. Hopefully I can score a preorder for the VF-31F. After all the high praise for the VF-31J I have to have the whole Delta Squadron. 

Luckily the preorder window was open several times during the preorder period for the J so I hope for the same with the F. Sadly I think the fact that the VF-31 seems to be a stellar toy might not help with the availability of prerorder slots. 

*yay* First post on the new shiny boards. ^_^

I have a question to those of you who uave your 31's show up.  Does the part of the wing that folds under on the right side ofnthe plane sit a lile bi lower han he folding bit of wing on the left side?  My 31 just showed up and it was pretty noticeable immediately that the two wings are not even.

oh boy here we go again

missed the last time due to lack of funds, will they charge at preorder or when it ships? MY bank is weird in the fact that they told me for any international purchased i would have to call them and they would have to allow it through. Going to try to talk to them to see if i can just keep it open. Otherwise I guess I would have to call on Thursday since it would stay open for 24h.

Why banks gotta make this so confusing. 

Edited by zaino

5 hours ago, Muzaffar said:

I don't know if I'd call NY scalpers...They did have the lowest pre-order price to start with and only raised prices after, which is probably more dependent on the market.

17 minutes ago, zaino said:

oh boy here we go again

missed the last time due to lack of funds, will they charge at preorder or when it ships? MY bank is weird in the fact that they told me for any international purchased i would have to call them and they would have to allow it through. Going to try to talk to them to see if i can just keep it open. Otherwise I guess I would have to call on Thursday since it would stay open for 24h.

Why banks gotta make this so confusing. 

my bank also stuffed me up when I purchase the other two VF-31J.. even though I have made many purchases from that particular store (NY) with the very same credit card, it for what ever reason flagged as possibly fraudulent!?!? :blink: I then get a message that the card has been temporarily blocked :o and that I need to get in touch with customer service. <_< The problem then was I made the purchase on a public holiday so customer service weren't open! :wacko: But I did manage to get the card unblocked through the lost and stolen cards dept which was lucky that they open 24/7! ^_^

Edited by spanner
I need my morning coffee..

2 minutes ago, zaino said:

and you were still able to purchase the 2 VF-31Js?  Much have been on the phone with lost/stolen dept really quick! :D

yep the purchase went through ok! I freaked out to begin with as I originally thought the payment would have been blocked but found out the money still went and then they blocked the card.. how is that then meant to be "fraud protection" if they still can take the money first and then block your card!?!? <_<:rolleyes::lol:

fingers crossed those other two arrive tomorrow! :D:unsure:

11 minutes ago, venth85 said:

Hold on for Messer/ Mirage / Arad

I think thats what i am going to do. I just like their color schemes much better. I have the 1/72 kit for the 31J which was an experience as I am not as good as I used to be with crafts.

Thanks for the advice.

39 minutes ago, zaino said:

yeah best wishes.

still conflicted if i want to just pay up and buy a 31J from NY or hold out for messer / mirage

I dont own any dx chogokins and really just want 1

If I don't see any come up for a decent price by the end of the year than I'll have go to NY. The other variants will come many months later and I can't wait anymore. 

Really liking this toy. Only transformed it to Gerwalk so far, but no problems. Joints nice and tight, but not overly tight. I'm not usually a huge fan of Gerwalk mode, but the 31J looks awesome in Gerwalk.

Had one scare when transforming, I thought one of the folding green side petals of the charger was missing, until I saw it was folded inside the charger.....haha

Will try transforming it to Battroid tonight. Was too jetlagged last night to attempt it.

I also really like the silhouette of the fighter mode, as it reminds me of the VF-19F/S, which is one of my all time favourite VFs.

28 minutes ago, Graham said:

Really liking this toy. Only transformed it to Gerwalk so far, but no problems. Joints nice and tight, but not overly tight. I'm not usually a huge fan of Gerwalk mode, but the 31J looks awesome in Gerwalk.

Had one scare when transforming, I thought one of the folding green side petals of the charger was missing, until I saw it was folded inside the charger.....haha

Will try transforming it to Battroid tonight. Was too jetlagged last night to attempt it.

I also really like the silhouette of the fighter mode, as it reminds me of the VF-19F/S, which is one of my all time favourite VFs.

it does do gerwalk very well doesn't it! its really the only reason I ended up deciding to get three of them! if its gerwalk wasn't good as with the 19adv (no im not hating on it) then I wouldn't bother with the extra one.

And yes it certainly does have a very nice silhouette in fighter mode! I completely agree that it has a close resemblance to the 19F & S! Im hardly surprised it looks like a 19 considering that was a wild child back in the day with more potential than what the pilots could cope with! So no wonder why the designers kinda backtracked to it.. but that's pure speculation of course..

Edited by spanner
need more coffee!

Bandai really doesn't want you messing around with the inside of their toys. Most of the screws are completely inaccessible (if there are any screws), and the ones that are you'll find are both screwed *and* glued together and practically impossible to open up without breaking it.

Gonna make working on it an interesting experience...

12 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Bandai really doesn't want you messing around with the inside of their toys. Most of the screws are completely inaccessible (if there are any screws), and the ones that are you'll find are both screwed *and* glued together and practically impossible to open up without breaking it.

Gonna make working on it an interesting experience...

I know. I was worried about that with the forearm gunpods. Wondered how I could get at the swivel joint if they loosen over time.

Just got mine from the Post Office (slipped by customs & duties too, woohoo!).  Love the packaging, NOT a fan of the frosted gold canopy though, you can't even see into it!  My YF-30 was a bit frosted and I hated that - but this is even more so, why?!  Love the tampo printing though.

Anyone with a link on Bandai's site that they might have the transformation manual for download like they did for some of the older toys?  (I like to keep my manual taped up:)

4 hours ago, zaino said:

yeah best wishes.

still conflicted if i want to just pay up and buy a 31J from NY or hold out for messer / mirage

I dont own any dx chogokins and really just want 1

Pass on the 31s, save, and get the best DX Chogokin instead - the VF-19 Advance. 

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

Got my 2 VF-31J's today that were shipped a while back through SAL shipping.

Mine showed up today too!.. So glad I paid extra for FedEx.

Anyway, I don't understand the problems with the canopy.  It looks pretty much exactly like the gold-infused canopies on the F-22, et al.

Edited by Mommar