Hi has anyone had a wobbling elbow joint on a VF-31? The elbow joints on mine have a bit of play more than I’d like side to side, and front to back at the seam where it rotates. It almost feels like the person who put it together left out a bushing of some sort. Wonder if KiKi would work...ACADBF05-EADF-4916-BD1F-A6141E1007DE.jpeg.aa2d91275e63987c21e999ea0fdeb29f.jpeg

I have a 31J out and just checked it. There is a little wiggle there on the left arm, the right arm is tighter. The left arm didn't seem precarious though, I probably wouldn't have noticed it if I didn't look specifically for it. 

41 minutes ago, jenius said:

I have a 31J out and just checked it. There is a little wiggle there on the left arm, the right arm is tighter. The left arm didn't seem precarious though, I probably wouldn't have noticed it if I didn't look specifically for it. 

Thanks for checking! My other two 31's okay too with tolerable wiggle, cute in comparison to this particular 31c I am dealing with. The lower arm below the problematic swivel joint almost feels like it's dangling.:( Feels like something's missing on the inside like a bushing. Oh well, got me a dud again. Any brave soul who has taken apart the 31 arms?

4 hours ago, Angesdad said:

This evening I worked up the nerve had a go with the wobble. Turned out the two halves of the upper arm were not tightly closed/glued, which contributed to excessive play at the joint.:wacko: Thanks Bandai!

C680D422-5D37-4D09-9682-B7AEEDA0390E.jpeg.2d371e34f65eba34dee1ead4749f570d.jpeg

Please upload this also on the macross maintenance thread.
it always helpful to get as many information as possible to dissambling valks.

Hey guys sorry if its not the thread to ask this

Im about to snatch one hayate custom from mandarake using paypal...

In your experience what do you usually recommend: using papypal's exchange rate or paying yens and then your bank's rate?? I know its very subjective but any lead will help!

4 hours ago, Rein+ said:

Please upload this also on the macross maintenance thread.
it always helpful to get as many information as possible to dissambling valks.

Will do, thanks.

1 hour ago, RealJayDee said:

Hey guys sorry if its not the thread to ask this

Im about to snatch one hayate custom from mandarake using paypal...

In your experience what do you usually recommend: using papypal's exchange rate or paying yens and then your bank's rate?? I know its very subjective but any lead will help!

Paypal conversion rate incorporates like 4% fee so it's not ideal rate-wise but you have that peace of mind due to purchase protection you get with Paypal should things go south. If you're about to pull the trigger on Madarake, there're Paypal or credit card payment options at the checkout. If going with credit card for better rates offered by your bank, make sure it is Mastercard or Visa with 3D verify enabled otherwise it don't work! - Happened to me a few purchases ago so I had to ask them to switch to Paypal..:unknw: 

9 hours ago, Angesdad said:

This evening I worked up the nerve had a go with the wobble. Turned out the two halves of the upper arm were not tightly closed/glued, which contributed to excessive play at the joint.:wacko: Thanks Bandai!

C680D422-5D37-4D09-9682-B7AEEDA0390E.jpeg.2d371e34f65eba34dee1ead4749f570d.jpeg

As far as wiggly parts on a toy are concerned, that was like a best case scenario! Glad you didn't find any damage when you got in there.

3 hours ago, jenius said:

As far as wiggly parts on a toy are concerned, that was like a best case scenario! Glad you didn't find any damage when you got in there.

Yeah, the worst part of it was to remove the outer armor piece otherwise fairly doable for the inclined & patient. I found that hot water really does the trick and loosens the Bandai'd glue! No bushing. Instead I found a square piece which the male pin pegs into inside the arm. No other mentionable damages to report thank god.:) 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I need help from someone who has a keen eye for color and can reference to Mr.Color Lacquer paint system. It is the dark gray portion circled below on the 31J Kai that I need identified;

FBDC0A63-21EF-4B1B-8330-E5E4BC20BEED.jpeg.7c503cd1623a6dd04e414ed958ca2e41.jpeg

Any input would be much appreciated! (Thanks @Saburo for the awesome shot)

Edited by Angesdad

10 hours ago, Angesdad said:

Hi I need help from someone who has a keen eye for color and can reference to Mr.Color Lacquer paint system. It is the dark gray portion circled below on the 31J Kai that I need identified;

FBDC0A63-21EF-4B1B-8330-E5E4BC20BEED.jpeg.7c503cd1623a6dd04e414ed958ca2e41.jpeg

Any input would be much appreciated! (Thanks @Saburo for the awesome shot)

i mix reference to this color for mr hobby. you need to play around the white and black to balance out the tone.

image.png.5bacbdde0673b452c0474e08afc85e67.png

PS : i forget there another ver  of VF-31 J Kai reference color for that particular chest area

image.png.bc19e3b6553b864e26ec3ce2675104e8.png

Edited by chriswoo

2 hours ago, chriswoo said:

i mix reference to this color for mr hobby. you need to play around the white and black to balance out the tone.

image.png.5bacbdde0673b452c0474e08afc85e67.png

PS : i forget there another ver  of VF-31 J Kai reference color for that particular chest area

image.png.bc19e3b6553b864e26ec3ce2675104e8.png

That's awesome @chriswoo, thanks for the reference exactly what I was looking for.:good:

Is there any reason that the Armor Parts can't be put on a VF-31J Kai? Aside from it driving a few people OCD crazy?:D

I have the Kai sitting in a box/up for sale. I figure I may as well use that since 98% is covered by the armor parts anyway.

Thanks

5 hours ago, sqidd said:

Is there any reason that the Armor Parts can't be put on a VF-31J Kai? Aside from it driving a few people OCD crazy?:D

I have the Kai sitting in a box/up for sale. I figure I may as well use that since 98% is covered by the armor parts anyway.

Thanks

The 31J kai is supposedly the nicer colour scheme with added complementary black stripes/areas with blue, plus the reaper unicorn emblem which the 31j didn’t have...so maybe is better displayed as is/with supers instead of the armor visually taking away most of the kai’s special colour scheme.

But nothing stopping misc pairings if one wishes....

Edited by seti88

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't even care about the super parts, I just want them to re-release the original Kairos.  That entire release was just such a cluster...

Really though, it's sad, they just pretty much abandoned a successful product line.  Not like they don't have a history of it, of course. <_< 

Edited by Chronocidal

On 9/11/2022 at 12:55 PM, MacrossJunkie said:

Bandai: 31, eh? Oh look! A shiny new 1/48 VF-1!

That was my impression of where things went.

Add the 31AX into that mix 😅

14 hours ago, Mommar said:

Should I be "that guy" and post the four of them I have?

You should! And then wait for "that other guy" posting with a cupboard(?) load of 31A's ...😂

cue: welcome to macross world!🤩

10 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Yeah, after they ADD'd and forgot about finishing the rest of the Delta stuff and went to the VF-1's before the shiny new Delta movies brought their attention back and made them forget about finishing the VF-1's 😁

For sure they're going to make us forget again that they forgot to finish everything when they decided on showing us the new YF-21 prototype. ;) 

And that's a fact. :spiteful:

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, brouken said:

Speaking of finishing Delta stuff: where is my super packs for Chuck, Bandai!? Sorry, I'm OC when it comes to completing stuff.  😁

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I don't think you're a completionist. You forgot Arad's Supers. :spiteful:

What about a new 171 (that was shown in the series), 262 Ba, Arad’s 31a, etc.. Did you also forget those @brouken:nea:

2 hours ago, borgified said:

What about a new 171 (that was shown in the series)

You mean the brown/tan CF version?  The only way Bandai could convince me to buy a 171 again is if they redid the mold in matte and that livery.

Of course you're all bringing up stuff from the old series.  They never finished out the first film either.  And based on time between valk/supers/armor announcements I'm starting to doubt we'll see more than Hayate's Valk complete.

Edited by Mommar

On 9/28/2022 at 1:09 AM, no3Ljm said:

I don't think you're a completionist. You forgot Arad's Supers. :spiteful:

I can live without Arad's supers, since he has the armored parts. I just don't like the idea that only Chuck's valk is naked in the Delta Platoon. 🙂

On 9/28/2022 at 3:43 AM, borgified said:

What about a new 171 (that was shown in the series), 262 Ba, Arad’s 31a, etc.. Did you also forget those @brouken:nea:

Ah, now we're going beyond being completionist into serious OC territory, haha! Of the ones you mentioned, the 262 Ba would be the most sensible for me to get. Arad's 31a would be the most attractive though. But then you would need their respective super packs...which would bring me back to square one. So, just Chuck's supers for me please, thank you! 😄

Edited by brouken

• 2 months later...