4 hours ago, aurance said:

Man I must be the king of parts disappearing from my expensive toys without noticing. 😑

Anybody have this happen to their -31 legs? Grey piece from the back of the leg missing? Any suggestions? ☹️☹️☹️

4A999116-4DB9-49E4-ADA5-034429275CF9.jpeg

Is that part of the slider mechanism? Is it possibly in the leg in the drone storage bay?  Seems weird that it would just vanish….maybe it is part of the fold drive and vanished like on the SDF-1!!

Twich

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, sorry for the newbie question, I am returning to the world of macross after a large hiatus of many years. I am more of a buyer and I am interested in the dx vf-31 line. I know I am late in the game, so what would be a reasonable price for a regular vf-31 (for example, a vf-31j or vf-31f) in the secondary market (used and new)? Would US$250 shipped for a used one be a good price or too expensive? Thanks for helping.

6 minutes ago, Cherude said:

Hi, sorry for the newbie question, I am returning to the world of macross after a large hiatus of many years. I am more of a buyer and I am interested in the dx vf-31 line. I know I am late in the game, so what would be a reasonable price for a regular vf-31 (for example, a vf-31j or vf-31f) in the secondary market (used and new)? Would US$250 shipped for a used one be a good price or too expensive? Thanks for helping.

Welcome back!

Yes, US$250 shipped is reasonable enough nowadays for Hayate's VF-31J. Mandarake has copies ranging from Y16000-Y23000. Y16K is an open one where Y23K is unopened. However it's best that you grab the reissue one with the Fold Projection Unit instead of the first release.

02008147230.jpg.880b30de0a785d25e0eeb8d0f7f6cbf3.jpg

Edited by no3Ljm

22 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Welcome back!

Yes, US$250 shipped is reasonable enough nowadays for Hayate's VF-31J. Mandarake has copies ranging from Y16000-Y23000. Y16K is an open one where Y23K is unopened. However it's best that you grab the reissue one with the Fold Projection Unit instead of the first release.

Thank you for your reply. 👍

The ratchet joint connecting the right leg to the torso of my dx vf 31f is quite weak. Do you guys know how to disassemble and tighten that ratchet joint? I don't think it can be solved just applying floor polish (it is a metal ratchet joint).

1 hour ago, Cherude said:

The ratchet joint connecting the right leg to the torso of my dx vf 31f is quite weak. Do you guys know how to disassemble and tighten that ratchet joint? I don't think it can be solved just applying floor polish (it is a metal ratchet joint).

Not sure if it can be done. Bandai really made sure to glue all parts even the areas that has screws. I know there's a metal circle thing behind the intake in Battroid mode. And there's an exposed screw behind the crotch area. Not sure if accessible thru that part. It wouldn't hurt to try to unscrew it and try to pry it open. And if it won't budge, try not to force it. There's a possibility that the part is glued.

My suggestion is if you can't find any accessible points and exposed screws, try not to open it. :( 

Edited by no3Ljm

37 minutes ago, Cherude said:

Yeah, not going to force it. Any other non-invasive suggestion to tighten ratchet joints other than floor polish?

32 minutes ago, borgified said:

Use Kiki Joint Tightener in the joints. Put a small drop and work it around the joints, let dry overnight and see the results afterwards.   

https://www.amazon.com/kiki-Loose-Joints-Action-Figure/dp/B002LIBULM

• 2 weeks later...

So I’ve been playing with my new 31J reissue, transforming a few times to get myself acquainted as this is my first 31 toy. So far I am happy with, but there is so much paint on this bird that the more I handle it, the more roughed up paint edges I find..it seems inevitable regardless of how careful you are.:unknw:

43 minutes ago, jenius said:

So I just opened my VF-31J Fold projection unit. Surprised they downgraded the packaging but no big deal. Can anyone point me to the episode/movie the unit is used in? I feel like I should brush up on the content a little. 

Episode 6.

After reviewing the episode it’s the only other time they really show off Hayates skills in Battroid.

Edited by Mommar

14 hours ago, jenius said:

Thanks Mommar! I was able to dress it up properly.... though I gotta say, I prefer the standard mission pack 9 times out of 10. 

Bandai-DX-VF-31J-Hayate-Fold-9-scaled.jp

Man! I really want Supers for mine but I haven't been able to bring myself to pay market price for them yet.:(

On 2/23/2022 at 7:32 PM, jenius said:

That sounds unlucky. 

Yeah I seem to have a knack for picking up stuff with QC issues more often than I'd like. :angry:

Being a latecomer in Macross Delta scene, I am currently eyeballing on 31C Mirage. I understand there's hefty premium due to demand, scarcity, etc along with J Kai and S.

Just wondering for those who have one, are you happy with it and what do you like about it the most?

1 hour ago, Angesdad said:

Yeah I seem to have a knack for picking up stuff with QC issues more often than I'd like. :angry:

Being a latecomer in Macross Delta scene, I am currently eyeballing on 31C Mirage. I understand there's hefty premium due to demand, scarcity, etc along with J Kai and S.

Just wondering for those who have one, are you happy with it and what do you like about it the most?

After I got hands on the 31AX, I have to say, the 31 line are better. Esp the 31A. If you were only to pick one from the 31, it's best that you just get the 31A. I'm not a big fan of cannon fodders like some of the member here does, but the 31A is sure is a winner. :good: 

If 31A is expensive for you, then just get the 31J/Kai. The added black on blue sure helps a lot. ;) 

4 hours ago, Angesdad said:

I have them all and the Mirage 31C is my favorite because it looks the best overall to me, especially the head. 

22 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

After I got hands on the 31AX, I have to say, the 31 line are better.

What's wrong with the 31AX? This is the second time I've read something about this.. Is there a thread somewhere I'm too lazy to look for myself that I can read up on?

36 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

What's wrong with the 31AX? This is the second time I've read something about this.. Is there a thread somewhere I'm too lazy to look for myself that I can read up on?

In case you haven't followed the actual VF-31AX thread, start with page 15 (click the link below) regarding things that's been pointed out.

Or watch this video if you're too lazy to read the contents above. I know it's in Mandarin, but you'll get the idea regarding the arm issues.

Edited by no3Ljm