I really don't see an upgrade to Arad there.  The actual pod itself looks thin and brittle in Gerwalk and makes a dumb looking stinger tail in Fighter.  The Master File variations have far more interesting/cool looking alternate pod designs and Xigfrid actually made those.

9 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Hahaha! :lol: 

Btw, is it just me or they’re running out of new designs and transforming sequence? Or they’re just saving it for the next series? Assuming there will be another one. 

My take on it is, for the new 31 valks, they are as an extension of the previous sought after valks.

Just purely from a merchandising pov, pent-up demand, and not much mold/product redesign needed.
Ideal for a pandemic situation where markets are uncertain.

Dont forget, there is also the new vf-14 ish stealth valk thats being teased, so thats a new design at least.

5 minutes ago, seti88 said:

My take on it is, for the new 31 valks, they are as an extension of the previous sought after valks.

Just purely from a merchandising pov, pent-up demand, and not much mold/product redesign needed.

Dont forget, there is also the new vf-14 ish stealth valk thats being teased, so thats a new design at least.

Yeah. I have to agree. Guess, I just have to wait and see how the designs will be on the next series. If ever there will be. ;)

13 hours ago, seti88 said:

Is there an image of that VF-14 stealth valk?

I'd also get that Arad in Messer color scheme.  I like it.  I have his original one which I love.  I know some don't like the colors of the Delta Valk's but I'm good with them.

Edited by Special Sauce

17 minutes ago, Special Sauce said:

Is there an image of that VF-14 stealth valk?

201909281400_32585.png

Delta-movie_new_VF_2.jpg

Delta-movie_new_VF_1.jpg

17 minutes ago, Special Sauce said:

I'd also get that Arad in Messer color scheme.  I like it.  I have his original one which I love.  I know some don't like the colors of the Delta Valk's but I'm good with them.

I'm good with the Delta Valks color. Reminds me of racing planes. ;)

Edited by no3Ljm

12 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

201909281400_32585.png

Delta-movie_new_VF_2.jpg

Delta-movie_new_VF_1.jpg

I'm good with the Delta Valks color. Reminds me of racing planes. ;)

I like it.  Very sleek looking.  

Yeah, racing planes is a good description of them.  I usually like more muted color scheme's (black, grey, dark blue) but the VF-31 line looks great.

40 minutes ago, Special Sauce said:

I like it.  Very sleek looking.  

Yeah, racing planes is a good description of them.  I usually like more muted color scheme's (black, grey, dark blue) but the VF-31 line looks great.

Right? Racing motif looks great as long that it's done in good taste. Bandai should also milk their Y/VF-19 mold for Nothung. ;)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Right? Racing motif looks great as long that it's done in good taste. Bandai should also milk their Y/VF-19 mold for Nothung. ;)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Oh my God that's amazing looking!  I'd buy 10 of those if Bandai did a DX 

On 5/23/2021 at 12:43 PM, no3Ljm said:

Hahaha! :lol: 

Btw, is it just me or they’re running out of new designs and transforming sequence? Or they’re just saving it for the next series? Assuming there will be another one. 

If it ain't broke , don't fix it :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Special Sauce said:

Oh my God that's amazing looking!  I'd buy 10 of those if Bandai did a DX 

I'll just buy one that's for sure. :D 

1 hour ago, Bolt said:

If it ain't broke , don't fix it :ph34r:

I'm actually not asking them to fix it. I'm just kind of tired of the same design, that's all. Let's say I'm getting impatient to see a new design. I know I shouldn't compare Macross to Gundam or any other mecha anime that has different design every movie and series. ;) 

1 hour ago, Bolt said:

Hasegawa sure has :p

D871D89C-E2B4-4E6A-8F01-876C1A71C6C1.jpeg

Sure. But, is it transformable? :db: And besides that's the VF-11 Nothung, not the VF-19 Nothung. ;) 

Edited by no3Ljm

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

They can't milk that mold, everything about the 19 Nothung is completely different proportion-wise.  It'd be nearly entirely brand-new.

46 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Sure. But, is it transformable? :db: And besides that's the VF-11 Nothung, not the VF-19 Nothung. ;) 

Apologies. I confused it for this one. But it's still not the Nothung..:fool:

3B886FB8-1F24-445B-929F-9BCDEBEC5C72.thumb.jpeg.f74a47427fd17354940089d7d4adb638.jpeg
...and it's still not transformable.<_<

Edited by Bolt

58 minutes ago, Mommar said:

They can't milk that mold, everything about the 19 Nothung is completely different proportion-wise.  It'd be nearly entirely brand-new.

True. But atleast they can start with their DX Y/VF-19 specs. ;) 

44 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Apologies. I confused it for this one. But it's still not the Nothung..:fool:

3B886FB8-1F24-445B-929F-9BCDEBEC5C72.thumb.jpeg.f74a47427fd17354940089d7d4adb638.jpeg
...and it's still not transformable.<_<

It's still not the Nothung, but I'm still going to give you points for the effort. :good: 

9 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Much ado about Nothung.

I'd buy it if it was made, but I doubt too many others would.

Hi guys! I was catching up with the thread and then I saw a few hot answers about me.

I really don’t mind if you want to buy the official version or my version, but as a Macross fan, I will at least buy one copy of Bandai’s speaker pod.

That’s because I really like the speaker pod and I thought it had much more meaning with the general story than the default “drone chargeuuuh”.

Also, I know that the official release will have clever mechanisms that will help me designing new customs ;)

This speaker pod hasn’t sold much in my shop. Where the weapons and custom missiles have sold 10x or 20x more! So I just hope at some point that Bandai release more weapon options, and I am sure it won’t disappoint in sales compared to this speaker pod. 

1 hour ago, Xigfrid said:

Hi guys! I was catching up with the thread and then I saw a few hot answers about me.

I really don’t mind if you want to buy the official version or my version, but as a Macross fan, I will at least buy one copy of Bandai’s speaker pod.

That’s because I really like the speaker pod and I thought it had much more meaning with the general story than the default “drone chargeuuuh”.

Also, I know that the official release will have clever mechanisms that will help me designing new customs ;)

This speaker pod hasn’t sold much in my shop. Where the weapons and custom missiles have sold 10x or 20x more! So I just hope at some point that Bandai release more weapon options, and I am sure it won’t disappoint in sales compared to this speaker pod. 

Went searching on YouTube and found your two videos , your VF-9 seems very durable. Is that a special material that you used to construct? Or is that regular shapeways material? Love the design! Thank you, you video was very informative!

Twich

4 minutes ago, twich said:

Went searching on YouTube and found your two videos , your VF-9 seems very durable. Is that a special material that you used to construct? Or is that regular shapeways material? Love the design! Thank you, you video was very informative!

Twich

I generally use the white PA which is the standard white plastic from shapeways or the grey/black plastic which is MJF plastic from HP.

Both are as strong as injected ABS plastic used in “quality” toys. But because they are strong and have a natural grainy aspect, they are hard to smooth (and time consuming)! 

I don't know if this is the right thread to discuss the yf 30 Kronos. I'm thinking about buying one from Mandarake but I noticed that people are seeing the toy yellow even if the box has been sealed. 

Is it worth the risk to get one?

1 hour ago, Mac said:

I don't know if this is the right thread to discuss the yf 30 Kronos. I'm thinking about buying one from Mandarake but I noticed that people are seeing the toy yellow even if the box has been sealed. 

There's apparently potential for any white Valkyrie to yellow.  Doesn't matter who the manufacturer is or what model.  Sealed boxes that yellowed were probably exposed to high temperatures or dampness etc.  If you can find a seller that stored them properly you're probably ok.

Out of curiosity, what sites do most of you use for ordering these? I know it's an age old question, I'm just curious to see where people go, so that I can figure out where other options are.

6 minutes ago, Jasonc said:

Out of curiosity, what sites do most of you use for ordering these? I know it's an age old question, I'm just curious to see where people go, so that I can figure out where other options are.

This thread is probably the most comprehensive one you'll find for where most of us are finding our stuff.  At the top of the first page you'll find a nice list.

Edited by Special Sauce

6 hours ago, Mac said:

4 hours ago, Special Sauce said:

There's apparently potential for any white Valkyrie to yellow.  Doesn't matter who the manufacturer is or what model.  Sealed boxes that yellowed were probably exposed to high temperatures or dampness etc.  If you can find a seller that stored them properly you're probably ok.

Better details in the DX YF-30 Chronos thread @Mac.  Your also right to say that any white valk will yellow @Special Sauce, even the Yammie 1/48 and Yamacadia 1/60 v.2 valks as well if you leave it exposed in the sun for XX amount of time.

3 hours ago, Special Sauce said:

This thread is probably the most comprehensive one you'll find for where most of us are finding our stuff.  At the top of the first page you'll find a nice list.

That wasn't really the point of why I was asking. It was more to find where people were shopping for it to spread the load of preorders.

You where kind of vague in your original question @Jasonc so it was a general answer. 

@jvmacross made a PO thread to not clutter up the threads with unnecessary spam, however I think everyone got used it over sometime. Not everyone liked it as the idea was brought up in the first place. 

5 hours ago, Jasonc said:

For a lot of people saying they weren't going to get this, it sold out of AmiAmi quick.

Because flippers need to be able to make a living.  By paying normal MSRP prices we'd be taking food right out of their mouths :lol: