I wonder if this will be the first of the official Bandai Macross DX toys that gets released to places like the US.  I know that BBTS had a VFG Klan Klan VF-25G model that went up for pre-order, I wonder if we will get this at places like BBTS.  We are supposed to get more information on this on 5/21/21, which, I think it is that day in Japan right now......

Twich

1 hour ago, borgified said:

No love for @Xigfrid anymore and you guys can say "Good Bye" to his Shapeways version since you want the official speaker and waste another 23k yen down the toilet for another copy of Hayate's 31j? 

Fine by me if you guys want to burn money away as its your desire. 

No slight against Xigfrid and his designs because they are amazing, but the material Shapeways uses is a royal pain in the backside. :p  

I'm not going to buy another VF-31 anyhow.  If I was that interested in the pod, I'd have a full set of the Shapeways ones already.

If I am understanding Google Translate correctly, looks to be up for pre-order on June 3rd, 2021 with October 2021 release

https://tamashii.jp/item/13624/

23,100 yen with tax included

22,000 yen without tax

Says general store release ( I think, as per Google Translate)

Twich

Edited by twich
added price

So I want the speaker pod and not another VF-31J. Hope they will do a TWE set with all the speaker pods for the Chaos team. I would buy that. Won’t buy this…

…or do I? :o:help:

4 minutes ago, Scyla said:

So I want the speaker pod and not another VF-31J. Hope they will do a TWE set with all the speaker pods for the Chaos team. I would buy that. Won’t buy this…

Same here! I won't buy the whole squadron again just for the new speaker pod...an easy pass for me

1 hour ago, Scyla said:

You did not just put that impulse thot in my head to buy. No No No...

:help:

1888843164_download(1).thumb.jpg.8a24dd765eb0f524ff359aabfd570f0d.jpg

Edited by seti88

7 hours ago, borgified said:

No love for @Xigfrid anymore and you guys can say "Good Bye" to his Shapeways version since you want the official speaker and waste another 23k yen down the toilet for another copy of Hayate's 31j? 

What are you on about?  Nearly everybody here has said “wtf, pass.”  Very few are actually interested.

5 hours ago, Mommar said:

What are you on about?  Nearly everybody here has said “wtf, pass.”  Very few are actually interested.

Wasting money on another Hayate 31j  to get the "Legit" speaker pod and not supporting or buddy @Xigfrid in his version. 

The speaker pod that @Xigfrid put together is impressive. For anyone who wants to compare it to what Bandai just announced:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/B4G3KZA6F/dx-speaker-pod-part-1-2

https://www.shapeways.com/product/BXW2JGLG3/dx-speaker-fud-details-part-2-2

It comes in two parts, most likely due to the difference in materials used for printing the larger and smaller pieces. $46.26 plus tax and shipping. Then you have to prep and paint everything....

30 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

My general apathy toward the speaker pod aside, this is pretty much why I haven't gotten one.  Shapeways prints are not even remotely easy to work with.

Same here. I purchased the ghost x-9 from valhary but IDK if it will ever be assembled lol

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
wrods

4 hours ago, borgified said:

Wasting money on another Hayate 31j  to get the "Legit" speaker pod and not supporting or buddy @Xigfrid in his version. 

Before anything else, please don't get me wrong here. But I'm pretty sure that you're aware that this is not about not supporting our very own @Xigfrid's, right? And I'm also sure that he's very much aware about this Bandai business practice 100%. You can't stop Bandai for making one. After all this is Bandai's property not his. They are entitled to produce their own Speaker Pods. Xigfrid's on the other hand is helping us collectors who wants 'this' and 'that' so badly just because it wasn't there in the beginning. He's giving us options. Options that our heart's desires. ;) 

This upcoming Hayate release is actually good for those who missed the initial run or it's for those who's just starting collecting Macross. Now if that someone who already have the first release and still wants to add another one for their collection, then good for that person because this time it comes with a Speaker Pod. B))

Lastly, it's not just the Speaker Pod that Xigfrid has made. You don't want the Speaker Pod? Then maybe the VF-31 Strike Cannon Pod is for you. He also has lots of missiles and pylons for your 31's needs that Bandai hasn't made yet. Like I said, options. :rolleyes:

I know that Xiggy is a 3rd party option for those that want to fill in the gaps @no3Ljm or can't have the real deal so there's another offering. 

That speaking I still haven't used the Shapeways version of the Yammie V.1 shoulder replacement parts as I did get it. Going to have to get a Dremel tool set to futz with it to get it working for my purposes. 

Kind of hate that I feel this way, but it seems like the more I see of that design, the less I like it. :huh: 

Just looks.. too similar to really be different, and the differences I'm seeing I don't think are improvements to the original design.  Much as I like the idea of more pods, making a new one that just gives the plane a giant stinger tail doesn't feel like an upgrade.

I wouldn't mind seeing more pics of just the naked fighter, though.  I don't think the packs are doing it any favors.

Edited by Chronocidal

Wow, I'm in love with that 31s color scheme.  I actually prefer the new super pack configuration too, but to each his own.  I thought I wasn't going to buy anymore VF-31's, but if this or another 31A come out I retract my previous commitment :)

On 5/20/2021 at 10:13 PM, borgified said:

I can live with my choices.

3 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Kind of hate that I feel this way, but it seems like the more I see of that design, the less I like it. :huh: 

I don't like new wings at all. I wanted Kairos, not another Hs Draken.

But it's all good for me, cause easy pass for all of these

11 minutes ago, seti88 said:

This new design of course influenced by the need to tap into the Arad 01 31A mania.

Am liking it overall though :lol:

Now......*wonders if we get a new armored parts* too.

Oooof. :vava:

53808243526b4efbde92d463d6048aca.gif

:lol: 

11 hours ago, seti88 said:

hahaha! 

LOL!

AnnualRipeLacewing-max-1mb.thumb.gif.24b9652b89657600794cc98033be1d8d.gif

dont worry, after many macross PO madness Macross folks develop wallets with steel nuts....:lol::lol:

Hahaha! :lol: 

Btw, is it just me or they’re running out of new designs and transforming sequence? Or they’re just saving it for the next series? Assuming there will be another one. 

So it been a couple of days now that we know a new VF-31 item :rolleyes: is going up for preorder on 06-03-21 1600 JST over the counter/standard release..   

"Movie version VF-31J Siegfried (Hayate Immelman machine) [Fold projection unit equipment" https://tamashii.jp/item/13624/

With the new posting method, when should we stop talking about preorder here and  start talking about the preoder on the PO thread that is mixed with the GBP armor set /GBP Hikaru combo and soon to be mixed with any reopening of the VF-1D? 

I will most likely go for 1 on preorder night just to have a official "fold projection unit"