13 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

I happened to check out the Tamashii Nations site for Macross this morning and saw that there will be a new "movie" version of Hayate's VF-31 put up for PO on June 3rd, release will take place in October. Comes with the speaker unit displayed at the last Tamashii Nations show. Price will be ¥23,100. Sold through general stores, so not TWE.

image.thumb.png.8ae105e0da0da9f12e544efcb5774160.png

How many versions of this are they going to make?  Other than the speaker attachment is there any other difference?  I suppose if someone wasn't able to get the first issue it's a chance to get it but pre-ordering is still a pain

1 hour ago, Special Sauce said:

How many versions of this are they going to make?  Other than the speaker attachment is there any other difference?  I suppose if someone wasn't able to get the first issue it's a chance to get it but pre-ordering is still a pain

And there's usually a steady supply of first issues on secondary market sites like Mandarake, at or below MSRP. I didn't buy that version, I didn't buy the Kai version, and I won't be buying this version. I have a Messer because his color scheme hurt my eyes the least and an Arad because I wanted to attach the big scary armor set to something relevant.

Makes me wonder if they'll reissue the rest of Delta Flight with speaker attachments or just sell the attachment separately. How Bandai handled the recent DX GBP PO (TWE for the armor, regular release for the combo set) gives me some hope for an attachment-only option. Not that I'll buy it, but if you want it, you shouldn't have to purchase a new valk to get it....

1 hour ago, Anasazi37 said:

I happened to check out the Tamashii Nations site for Macross this morning and saw that there will be a new "movie" version of Hayate's VF-31J put up for PO on June 3rd, release will take place in October. Comes with the speaker unit displayed at the last Tamashii Nations show. Price will be ¥23,100. Sold through general stores, so not TWE. More details to be released tomorrow, apparently.

image.thumb.png.8ae105e0da0da9f12e544efcb5774160.png

Thanks for the post.  The speaker pods look like turntables.....the DJ valk! :rolleyes:

This looks to be a slow sell since delta ended some 'time' ago, its a speaker pod config and folks would have multiple hayate valks by now.

Nevertheless,  would be interesting to see if there is PO madness, just because its a bandai DX pre-order.

Wow.. and after all the sensibility they displayed with the GBP-1 armor-only set.

That's just ridiculous.

Just sell the freakin pack separately you dingbats, people would buy them in groups to add to their existing pile of VF-31s.  It's not a hard concept. :rolleyes: 

Edited by Chronocidal

As I cannot read Japanese, is that picture of the two mission packs there to say “look how similar they are” or “we are including these both in this release”?

thanks

Twich

6 minutes ago, twich said:

As I cannot read Japanese, is that picture of the two mission packs there to say “look how similar they are” or “we are including these both in this release”?

thanks

Twich

According to google translate:

"The fold projection unit can be deployed. A normal container is also included."

1 hour ago, Anasazi37 said:

And there's usually a steady supply of first issues on secondary market sites like Mandarake, at or below MSRP. I didn't buy that version, I didn't buy the Kai version, and I won't be buying this version. I have a Messer because his color scheme hurt my eyes the least and an Arad because I wanted to attach the big scary armor set to something relevant.

Makes me wonder if they'll reissue the rest of Delta Flight with speaker attachments or just sell the attachment separately. How Bandai handled the recent DX GBP PO (TWE for the armor, regular release for the combo set) gives me some hope for an attachment-only option. Not that I'll buy it, but if you want it, you shouldn't have to purchase a new valk to get it....

Agreed, I like the Messer but I want to get the version with the symbol on it.  I believe it's the movie version.  I'm a sucker for the Arad one so I bought that along with the armor parts.  I probably won't buy all of them VF-31's but the Kai version with the super parts looks sharp to me.  

23 minutes ago, ValkAddict said:

I'd love it if Bandai would re-issue the VF-31 super parts.

Phhtt... 

Then what about the missing Supers for Arad's and Chucky's then?? Never got made into production as it was shown in the series.  Not going to waste my money on Hayate's 31j with the Speakers, saving that $$ for something else down the line.  

9 minutes ago, borgified said:

Phhtt... 

Then what about the missing Supers for Arad's and Chucky's then?? Never got made into production as it was shown in the series.  Not going to waste my money on Hayate's 31j with the Speakers, saving that $$ for something else down the line.  

Yeah! I'd love some Arad super parts.  It's my favorite of all the VF-31's.  Hard to believe they haven't released a super set for it yet.

Same with me. Pass on the VF-31J reissue. I also might pass whatever's coming out from the upcoming movie.

The only ones that I want out of the Delta franchise that is not being made yet is Arad's and Chuck's Super Parts; and the Elvis Draken. That's it. 8)

2 minutes ago, F360 said:

wow. they should just do the speaker pods on P-Bandai/TWE instead of putting it on another VF-31J

They're probably going to do that once they reissue all colors with Speaker Pods. Announce only the Speaker Pod set for those who already have the initial VF-31 run thru TWE. :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Wow.. and after all the sensibility they displayed with the GBP-1 armor-only set.

That's just ridiculous.

Just sell the freakin pack separately you dingbats, people would buy them in groups to add to their existing pile of VF-31s.  It's not a hard concept. :rolleyes: 

1 hour ago, Bolt said:

Can't they milk another mold..?

11 minutes ago, F360 said:

wow. they should just do the speaker pods on P-Bandai/TWE instead of putting it on another VF-31J

9 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Same with me. Pass on the VF-31J reissue. I also might pass whatever's coming out from the upcoming movie.

The only ones that I want out of the Delta franchise that is not being made yet is Arad's and Chuck's Super Parts; and the Elvis Draken. That's it. 8)

Maybe Bandai still has a glut of unsold Hayate 31J that they need to get rid of/landfill   sell...

48 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

They're probably going to do that once they reissue all colors with Speaker Pods. Announce only the Speaker Pod set for those who already have the initial VF-31 run thru TWE. :rolleyes:

yeah.. .. they might..  now I wonder if they will have make a VF-31J with speaker pods and missile pods  reaction missiles  next . lol, since the TWE super parts didn't include missiles for the VF31J

Edited by F360

9 minutes ago, F360 said:

yeah.. .. they might..  now I wonder if they will have make a VF-31J with speaker pods and missile pod next . lol, since the TWE super parts didn't include missiles for the VF31J

You mean the Reaction Missile like the one that came with Mirage's Super Parts set? I'm not sure but I don't remember the hero Valks wearing a missile pod on the series, right? Perhaps in the last movie? I remember it was the Kairos squad that was using the missile pod in one scene during the asteroid battle. I'm not 100% sure now since it's been awhile after I watched the Delta so please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. ;)

34 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I maybe want Kairos reissue and 262 in Mirage colors

15 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

You mean the Reaction Missile like the one that came with Mirage's Super Parts set? I'm not sure but I don't remember the hero Valks wearing a missile pod on the series, right? Perhaps in the last movie? I remember it was the Kairos squad that was using the missile pod in one scene during the asteroid battle. I'm not 100% sure now since it's been awhile after I watched the Delta so please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. ;)

oops.  mybad, I mean to say reaction missiles .  :lol:

4 minutes ago, F360 said:

oops.  mybad, I mean to say reaction missiles .  :lol:

No worries. It's all good. :friends:I also doubt this 31J reissue is going to have the add-on Reaction Missile.

Edited by no3Ljm

3 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

According to google translate:

"The fold projection unit can be deployed. A normal container is also included."

If it comes with a normal gunpod container, I can see where Bandai positioning this as an upgrade.

You get both the gunpod and speaker container, whereas the old only had one..

Ideally it would be perfect for me since I didn’t get any hayate’s blue valks the first time round.

But alas, currently delta valks aren’t a priority to me...

2 hours ago, Special Sauce said:

Agreed, I like the Messer but I want to get the version with the symbol on it.  I believe it's the movie version.  I'm a sucker for the Arad one so I bought that along with the armor parts.  I probably won't buy all of them VF-31's but the Kai version with the super parts looks sharp to me.  

Messer’s valk has the reaper symbol, regardless of TV or movie version...

Hmmm.. I might go for Arad's 31a with the Dragon Head itasha as passed over his funky coloured 31s. If the 262 gets remade and resurrected in Elvis/Mirage colours, have to see the real thing in screen otherwise it's a Fool's Hope according to Gandalf. 

Here's an idea Bandai.

Take that new pack.  Make a few more.  Use the Master File for inspiration.  Throw in a pile of wing-mounted missiles and bombs and pods that people have been asking for for literally years now.  Sell it.

People would actually be interested in that.

This?  No one wants another copy of the same blue VF-31 that everyone has three copies of already.  Get a clue.

Can someone post this in Japanese to somewhere Bandai will see it?  They need a boot to the head.

Edited by Chronocidal

9 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Can someone post this in Japanese to somewhere Bandai will see it?  They need a boot to the head.

I'm just going to share here Bandai's Tamashii social media handles in case someone who knows Nihonggo. :good: 

Twitter

Facebook

Instagram

Youtube

Though I doubt someone from the company will actually reply on our comments. :rolleyes:

If they had that for the VF-31C I'd get it (only one missing now that I wasn't going to get them all - now its the only one I'm missing and I'm not going to pay these prices they have now for it).  Does everyone get these sound pods in the movie?

45 minutes ago, wm cheng said:

If they had that for the VF-31C I'd get it (only one missing now that I wasn't going to get them all - now its the only one I'm missing and I'm not going to pay these prices they have now for it).  Does everyone get these sound pods in the movie?

The Speaker Pods was featured during the first part of the Passionate Walkure movie. The asteroid battle.

They were also used by the entire squadron (possibly excluding Chuck) in the similar asteroid field fight early on in the series.  I could almost understand if they had sold these right when the movie came out, but trying to sell another round of Hayate VF-31s at this point is just silly, especially when everyone knows the new movie coming has an entirely new valk. 

They should have just packed this in as a bonus when a new one released, since if they carried over the pod design, you should be able to use it for both.

And yes, I say that knowing full well people would pitch a fit about that too.  But I think it's still a better option than trying to get people to buy another Hayate 31.

No love for @Xigfrid anymore and you guys can say "Good Bye" to his Shapeways version since you want the official speaker and waste another 23k yen down the toilet for another copy of Hayate's 31j? 

Fine by me if you guys want to burn money away as its your desire.