18 hours ago, Lolicon said:

死神!

I guess we were supposed to be sad or something when he died, but it happened so early in the show before the audience could become attached, and he was a douchebag anyway, so, uh, great job Delta writers? 

At least he has a nice ride.:rofl:

51057575626_610263591c_o.jpg

51057575576_682d41500e_o.jpg

should have never died, they should have killed off one of the singers. 

19 hours ago, Lolicon said:

At least he has a nice ride.:rofl:

It was the only VF-31 that I owned for exactly that reason. The colors of the other four are a little too garish for my taste. Then the armor showed up in the movie and I just had to have what another MW member called "the hulking orange death machine." Managed to grab an Arad the day before the armor PO was announced and I'm glad that I did. Price jumped more than $200 after that and hasn't come down much since. I'm generally not a fan of orange, but for that armor I'll make an exception. :good:

4 hours ago, borgified said:

Which singer(s) that you where thinking about @davidwhangchoi and the band should have Mirage as a replacement. :wub:

Even both Mylene and her sister (with Basara) could do a better job and chase off the Protodevlins.  :D

if Kawamori inversely had a Walkure member die with deathflags in stead of a pilot

Kamame Buccaneer would be skull leader type 

Freya Hikaru "main hero boy falls accidently into mecha" type

Mikumo Guynemer,  Max "Ace" type

Makina would be Kakizaki. cheerful support type   

Reina i guess is Luca tech support type

and I would have Kaname Buccaneer as the leader of the group would traditionally die after she gets served jellyfish and/or Makina when she was in critical condition.  

Messer should've lived so his 31F resale value would be higher. :good: 

15 hours ago, sh9000 said:

large.dxvf31jhasegawapose.JPG.3a0558b7bf2788569746aff538c4ee95.JPG

Really like the color scheme on this one.  I just got my VF-31S and the armor set to go with it.  Haven't had a chance to take it out to mess around with it.  Stupid life always getting in the way LOL.

14 minutes ago, Special Sauce said:

I noticed there were two releases of the DX VF-31F.  What's the difference between the two if any?

One is the series version, one is the movie version. Main difference is the series one comes with additional Kaname figure to add to the cockpit and the movie comes with Hayate to swap out. The movie version comes with adapters to connect Lil Drakens too. I think that’s it but there may be another minor difference I forgot. 

15 minutes ago, Special Sauce said:

I noticed there were two releases of the DX VF-31F.  What's the difference between the two if any?

One is the movie version which comes with Li’l Drakken attachment adapters and Hayate pilot figure

8 hours ago, Hikaru1234567890 said:

Hey does anyone know how to remove the screw covers on this toy? I’d like to tighten some joints up but the screw covers are in the way. Any way to get them off?

Save yourself the risk of goofing the screw covers up and get some KiKi joint tightner. Works like a charm.

https://www.amazon.com/kiki-Loose-Joints-Action-Figure/dp/B002LIBULM

9 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Save yourself the risk of goofing the screw covers up and get some KiKi joint tightner. Works like a charm.

https://www.amazon.com/kiki-Loose-Joints-Action-Figure/dp/B002LIBULM

KiKi is a good option. I got some last year based on @sqidd's recommendation and it worked well. Doesn't take much if you apply it in the right places. Plus, even if you manage to get the screw covers off without damaging them or the surrounding plastic, which isn't guaranteed, you will likely run into parts that are glued together. While that's mostly an issue for folks wanting to disassemble valks in order to customize them, it could get in the way of what you want to do.

Have a question that I'm not sure anyone can answer but I figured I'd give it a shot.  I want to get a VF-25F renewal version still sealed if I can.  I know that the white parts can become yellowed when exposed to sunlight, but have any ever yellowed even when NOT exposed to sunlight?  I'm just worried if I get one still sealed that it'll be yellowed anyway from sitting in the box so long sealed up (something about the styrofoam emitting gases causing a chemical reaction) .  I know the toy came out a long time ago and I've seen some people claim that it can happen.  I just don't want to pay a premium price for an already yellowed toy.  So I guess I'm asking what are the chances that would happen or has it to happened to any of you?

I think you should be okay with the renewal toy if it's sealed. The v1 toys were made of interior plastic and yellow when sealed but the renewal toys seem to be made of better stuff. My renewal is original release and usually sits in the box and is still white.

13 minutes ago, jenius said:

I think you should be okay with the renewal toy if it's sealed. The v1 toys were made of interior plastic and yellow when sealed but the renewal toys seem to be made of better stuff. My renewal is original release and usually sits in the box and is still white.

Awesome thanks!

12 hours ago, Lolicon said:

None of my VF-25 renewals have shown any sign of yellowing, but my 2012 reissue of the YF-29 has even though it's slightly newer than my first run 25F renewal (from 2011).

Which YF-29 model was that?  Did you buy it new or used?  I'm just trying to narrow down if it's just sunlight that makes this happen.  I'll probably still get the VF-25F renewal because I feel it's a pretty sharp looking Valk.  Especially in fast packs.

58 minutes ago, Special Sauce said:

Which YF-29 model was that?  Did you buy it new or used?  I'm just trying to narrow down if it's just sunlight that makes this happen.  I'll probably still get the VF-25F renewal because I feel it's a pretty sharp looking Valk.  Especially in fast packs.

Original Alto version, brand new. I don't expose my valks to direct sunlight.

47 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Original Alto version, brand new. I don't expose my valks to direct sunlight.

Must be a reaction to some kind of oils.  Could be the Styrofoam packaging.  

Edited by Special Sauce

You guys made me curious. Just came home from work.  Checked my stored VF-25F and YF-25. I am shocked, both got yellowed in their boxes. The VF-25F was only a few weeks out, the YF-25 only for check. 
I think it’s the environmental conditions. I store them in a cabinet with the stereo and TV and other electronic devices on top. I think it is the heat of the devices and the changing temperatures which cause yellowing. Same affect has direct sunlight. Look at those pictures: The YF-25 in the last picture which is on constant display in an front open box only shows minor yellowing:ACD36AC6-A19E-4995-A34B-BAAA5BB7BCC2.thumb.jpeg.c553230ac29b31e777ca87956fc16c42.jpeg7CA7CF7A-FD82-4BD2-B992-9E31ABA88607.thumb.jpeg.df656e913cebde47c79ed95ffb3ace3e.jpeg4619618C-F14E-4596-B8F7-7DFB615AA559.thumb.jpeg.d4f34727de52b88a242b271512f63344.jpeg