kairos was better IMO.  i was one of the lucky ones... NY actually pulled through back then even if super late (or super early going by the standards past few years).  its one of the few valks i almost consider selling each time i remember i have one because even though i like it a lot... its probably worth more to other people than to me. 

love teh vf-27 as well but those wings don't look as good swapped onto the 31 like that.

Well, glad I have my 3 Kairos. Still going to pony up for the new version though, because Bandai knows how to drain my wallet.

I think the gun looks a bit more like the one of the SV-262, the one off the VF-27 was almost as long as the entire fighter.

6 hours ago, borgified said:

Repost from Shin (from another Macross thread):

"Welp, looks like we’re getting a DX VF-31A retooled with new canards and new wings(looks like they’re from the VF-27) for the new movie(scan from Stone Cheung on Facebook)"

F86040B9-A05D-4B37-905C-15770C115346.jpeg

Note: This can be reposted also on the Delta Movie Live thread.

Ok. Glad to see the new... well, the updated design.

I'm really not that excited to be honest. The question for me now is, would it warrant for me to complete the whole team again or just get the color that I like this time? :unknw: If that's the case, I wish there will be someone in the squad that has colors close to Hikaru's.

By the way, @borgified, I shared your post on the movie and mecha thread. :hi: 

Edited by no3Ljm

Hmmmn---it's actually not as big a change as I thought, to the wings.   The trailing edge and tip are the same as the -31A, it's only the dogtooth that was extended forward.   

:edit:  Could the canopy be hinged at the front now, YF-19 style?   It seems to taper a lot.  Or maybe a 'cyber canopy' like the VF-27 or Sv-262?  

31 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

Hmmmn---it's actually not as big a change as I thought, to the wings.   The trailing edge and tip are the same as the -31A, it's only the dogtooth that was extended forward.   

:edit:  Could the canopy be hinged at the front now, YF-19 style?   It seems to taper a lot.  Or maybe a 'cyber canopy' like the VF-27 or Sv-262?  

I think the art there is unfinished, the canopy looked identical to the older designs in the trailer, or at the most they may have tweaked the sensor windows.

What I find a little funny is that the wing tooth didn't even look that big in the trailer, but it was masked a little by super packs, and poses.

So, looking at the trailer again, it looks like the canopy is a little different at the front.

Also, I think the wing tooth extensions might actually be some kind of vertical surface?  The shape is weird, but they look like a rather bulky surface that might exist just to attach the boosters in their new location, which... ok, hot take, but I'm going to call that a mistake.  Attaching the boosters on the outside and tucking the wings under to attach the boosters really doesn't look great to me, and I feel like messing with how good and solid the old booster mounts were is not an improvement.

416971791_ss(2021-02-23at07_54.14).thumb.jpg.a6c77b8bbf67036ab82bdf751e584148.jpg1782494715_ss(2021-02-23at07_54.58).thumb.jpg.910d89239dfe8361283d5dd4f69e1b2c.jpg

144980283_ss(2021-02-23at07_55.31).thumb.jpg.599da7907ecf93af3bad7ceb9d611790.jpg

Have to wait to see, but I'm not really liking the mission pod sticking so far out the back either, but it's at least a little more streamlined than the original blunt one.

Edited by Chronocidal

56 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Also, I think the wing tooth extensions might actually be some kind of vertical surface?  The shape is weird, but they look like a rather bulky surface that might exist just to attach the boosters in their new location, which... ok, hot take, but I'm going to call that a mistake.  Attaching the boosters on the outside and tucking the wings under to attach the boosters really doesn't look great to me, and I feel like messing with how good and solid the old booster mounts were is not an improvement.

It's all about carrying on with the gimmick Hayate introduced with Messer's VF-31 Custom in the first movie... where he mounted Lilldrakens like that.  It's a poor man's Tornado Pack.

17 hours ago, borgified said:

Repost from Shin (from another Macross thread):

"Welp, looks like we’re getting a DX VF-31A retooled with new canards and new wings(looks like they’re from the VF-27) for the new movie(scan from Stone Cheung on Facebook)"

F86040B9-A05D-4B37-905C-15770C115346.jpeg

Note: This can be reposted also on the Delta Movie Live thread.

Ooooh..Am liking this, looks like the old 31A bulked up. As for the large guns underwing, thats a pretty distinctive form factor to remember by.

Will see the final product but its a nice variant to me..

So this version cant be still called the 31A right?

31A-W? W for windermerean? :lol:

4 hours ago, seti88 said:

So this version cant be still called the 31A right?

31A-W? W for windermerean? :lol:

It's almost certainly another Xaos Valkyrie Works custom job, so whatever variant letter it's given is unofficial and for Xaos's internal convenience only... same as the VF-31C, E, F, J, and S.

I'm wondering if they'll still call it a Siegfried, or if they'll pick another name for it since it's a different custom spec.

7 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

It's almost certainly another Xaos Valkyrie Works custom job, so whatever variant letter it's given is unofficial and for Xaos's internal convenience only... same as the VF-31C, E, F, J, and S.

I'm wondering if they'll still call it a Siegfried, or if they'll pick another name for it since it's a different custom spec.

I wouldn't be surprised if they bump it to the VF-32.. maybe just call it the "Roy."  :lol: 

13 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Advanced version or the last updated variant naming .....ie Super siegfried (?)..that would be similar to the super tomcat...

or have an Advanced tactical fighter designation somewhere...Advanced Siegfried....vf-31ATF(X?)....sounds nice :rolleyes:

On 2/23/2021 at 9:58 PM, Seto Kaiba said:

It's all about carrying on with the gimmick Hayate introduced with Messer's VF-31 Custom in the first movie... where he mounted Lilldrakens like that.  It's a poor man's Tornado Pack.

If it's supposed to be a variant for Bogue it makes sense they would mount the fast packs in a manner he would be familiar with from the 262,  It looks like they modified plenty of other things to behave like a 262 already.

1 hour ago, borgified said:

You mean a VF-41 @no3Ljm:lol:

That has got me thinking honestly. Most of the current valks in the series are odd numbered except for the VF-22/YF-30/SV-262 (and I think that it has been discussed already). 

If they're going to release it next year, then it's VF-41. :lol:

4 hours ago, borgified said:

You mean a VF-41 @no3Ljm:lol:

That has got me thinking honestly. Most of the current valks in the series are odd numbered except for the VF-22/YF-30/SV-262 (and I think that it has been discussed already). 

Hey @borgified. I think I got my math wrong. I came up with the 40th by subtracting 1982 from 2022, when in fact it should be 2021. :lol: So I guess, it's going to end up as an odd number if they're going to release it this year. VF-39. :rolleyes:

39th Anniversary. And yes, damn, I'm old. :bigshok:

18 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they bump it to the VF-32.. maybe just call it the "Roy."  :lol: 

I'd be pretty surprised... given how that thing is pretty obviously still a stock VF-31 at its core.

This, to me at least, feels more like the kind of upgrade that would get a special variant letter and maybe a different name, but not an entirely different model number.  More like the VF-19EF Caliburn, VF-19ACTIVE Nothung, VF-22HG Schwalbe Zwei, or YF-29B Perceval. 

12 hours ago, seti88 said:

Advanced version or the last updated variant naming .....ie Super siegfried (?)..that would be similar to the super tomcat...

or have an Advanced tactical fighter designation somewhere...Advanced Siegfried....vf-31ATF(X?)....sounds nice :rolleyes:

I really want to make a mean-spirited joke about its most likely pilot, but it just wouldn't be appropriate.

4 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

Kawamori is an F-15 fan, and the current hotness is the F-15EX, the upgraded F-15E (though really more like a replacement for the D?).   So VF-31AX for upgraded VF-31A?   And we could call it Stormbreaker...

That's not a bad idea.

33 minutes ago, wolfx said:

Has there been any update regarding the Sound Boosters for the VF-31 DX Chogokin? Saw some pics last year at Tag Hobby or something. 

To my knowledge, no news since they were revealed at the Tamashii Nations event this past November

1lj9t8ky-6_54_UCpfT57_jvxwdAzNbLo6DGDomp1SS.jpg

1lj9t8ky-7_BL7XVwK5kpDWcsairLCIAr68F65YbLmq.jpg