5 minutes ago, twich said:

So, I wonder how many new releases we are looking at for the new movie....

1. New enemy VF( this seems a given)

2. New VF-31J(green one hypothesized to be flown by one of the Aerial Knight) Delta 06

3. New sorta VF-31A looking fighter that Chuck, Mirage are flying with Delta Wings(2 releases possible)

4. SV-262Ba x several variants

5. new Super packs for the VF-31’s that give the wings the TIE Interceptor look

6. new container packs with new gun pods as teased with the Green VF-31J with new super parts, also teased the fold speaker container pod

7. the new drone thing(could be variable drone) (VD?) with the number 09

Anything I missed? Conjecture about Macross toy releases is so fun and expensive!

Twich

Looking over that trailer, I think Mirage, Chuck, and the mysterious Delta 06 are all flying a new design that looks like a hybrid of the old Delta FSW design and the Kairos, all with a new mission pod design, new canards, and a slightly updated wing booster design.  Unless there are plot reasons for Hayate to keep his original design, I'd expect him getting one as well.

Problem with that design is that there seems to be some shenanigans going on with the booster mount, and the current VF-31 mold is not going to be capable of that.  I'm frankly hoping they don't bother with making the pods angle, because I think there's a very likely chance that all that will accomplish is destroying what used to be a very solid mounting point.

I can only hope this movie will finally give them some sort of impetus to release the other 262 variants.  I love the design, but all I've wanted for several years is the real delta version, especially if I can get Mirage's scheme from the first movie.

If they change the design of the VF-31New(easiest to call it this) enough to be able to sell 5 new VF-31’s then great! I have always wanted a VF-31S, but don’t want to pay 38000 yen for a used copy, this might be my chance!  I am excited for the new Enemy VF, like you, SV-262Ba variants(now with less heart attack inducing transformation please), and I am very intrigued by this “drone” thing. Is it variable? I like the looks of it regardless.

as far as the new super pack booster pods, seems kinda a cross between the lil’ draken for the VF-31 and the lil’ draken mounted on the SV-262, how it mounts is anyone’s guess. Time will tell.

twich

I think the white and gold SV-262Hs would be amazing, but they need to include the missile pods and lil’ draken as well as the sword and solid shield for battroid, let’s hope they rework the transformation to make it less crazy stressful

twich

4 minutes ago, twich said:

I think the white and gold SV-262Hs would be amazing, but they need to include the missile pods and lil’ draken as well as the sword and solid shield for battroid, let’s hope they rework the transformation to make it less crazy stressful

twich

Which will likely be a TWE order. The DX 171EX Maruyuma was a TWE and it had the Armour and Missile set together, plus the newer Alto 29 had everything together as well.

Edited by borgified

Well, how long did it take them to produce/sell the VF-31? We had a release of the VF-31E as late as 2019, if I remember, so it could take years for all the toys to trickle out

Twich

3 hours ago, twich said:

So, I wonder how many new releases we are looking at for the new movie....

1. New enemy VF( this seems a given)

2. New VF-31J(green one hypothesized to be flown by one of the Aerial Knight) Delta 06

3. New sorta VF-31A looking fighter that Chuck, Mirage are flying with Delta Wings(2 releases possible)

4. SV-262Ba x several variants

5. new Super packs for the VF-31’s that give the wings the TIE Interceptor look

6. new container packs with new gun pods as teased with the Green VF-31J with new super parts, also teased the fold speaker container pod

7. the new drone thing(could be variable drone) (VD?) with the number 09

Anything I missed? Conjecture about Macross toy releases is so fun and expensive!

Twich

Long shots.........

P-bandai elvis valk? Or P-bandai arad vf-31A or........VF-31A 02 designation :mellow:

Since the new movie revitalises the delta franchise

Edited by seti88

18 hours ago, twich said:

Well, how long did it take them to produce/sell the VF-31? We had a release of the VF-31E as late as 2019, if I remember, so it could take years for all the toys to trickle out

Twich

Looking back at the history, the first episode aired around the holidays 2015, with the series proper going from spring to fall of 2016.  They teased unfinished prototypes of the VF-31 and Sv-262 pretty early on, but pre-order for Hayate's was August 1st.

I wouldn't expect them to put up any pre-orders until after the movie releases at the earliest to ride the publicity wave, but odds are these might come out faster than the originals, since the majority of the design work is already done.

As for how long they'll drag out the pre-order misery, that's anyone's guess though.  It took them about three years to release seven VF-31 variants and Keith's 262, not counting the screwball Messer re-release with the drone clips.  They also didn't have the DX VF-1 line intersecting though, so who knows what production shenanigans they'll be pulling in the next year.  :ph34r:

Now here's the question @Chronocidal and anyone else...

When the Xaos squadron of the 31a gets released (Arad, Mirage, Hayate, and Chucky) at 20k each at MRSP, then the grand total is 80k yen for all four not including S+H, is everyone going to get all 4 or just selected ones?

For the Itasha, we know that Arad will get the Dragon Head and Chucky the "Rainbow Halo" as he's the re-con, then can we all guestimate that Mirage will get the Mercat and Hayate another Unicorn Reaper?  :unknw:

2 minutes ago, borgified said:

When the Xaos squadron of the 31a gets released (Arad, Mirage, Hayate, and Chucky) at 20k each at MRSP, then the grand total is 80k yen for all four not including S+H, is everyone going to get all 4 or just selected ones?

For the Itasha, we know that Arad will get the Dragon Head and Chucky the "Rainbow Halo" as he's the re-con, then can we all guestimate that Mirage will get the Mercat and Hayate another Unicorn Reaper?  :unknw:

Not answering for Chronicidal...

If there were released I would buy them only if they were set unique to previous VF-31 releases.

I’m just a sucker for variants.

3 hours ago, borgified said:

Is this question applicable for members who only buy 1 of each or for multiples? :ph34r:

For me at this stage, I will wait and see if it's really really different from the 31 model. If it's just going to be wing change, color change, color stripe change, but still has the same format as the 31 as far as what we've seen from the trailers, then it's pass for me. But if there's going to be a 31A model that's going to be featured that has Hikaru's Red/Black/White motif, then I bite. ;)

5 hours ago, sqidd said:

They better not release an A. I just bought one!:p

If they do, you can all thank me for paying street value for one right now.:lol:

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

You paid elevenbillionty dollars for one?:p

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

I used money from toys I sold. That’s free right?:p

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Kinda...Sounds like a good plan to me though.

Nope... Think it as a down payment and paid in full terms. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Repost from Shin (from another Macross thread):

"Welp, looks like we’re getting a DX VF-31A retooled with new canards and new wings(looks like they’re from the VF-27) for the new movie(scan from Stone Cheung on Facebook)"

F86040B9-A05D-4B37-905C-15770C115346.jpeg

Note: This can be reposted also on the Delta Movie Live thread.

Edited by borgified