Sooo I'm in the process of watching Delta (been busy getting married and having 2 kids) but was wondering what are the chances that Bandai will reissue any VF-31 for the release of the second movie? Does Bandai do that sort of thing? Or is it pretty much a crapshoot? 

1 hour ago, Jello said:

Sooo I'm in the process of watching Delta (been busy getting married and having 2 kids) but was wondering what are the chances that Bandai will reissue any VF-31 for the release of the second movie? Does Bandai do that sort of thing? Or is it pretty much a crapshoot? 

Hard to tell, however Bandai is going to re-issue the DX YF-29 Alto Full Set (with Supers this time) in October. 

The only 31 that was re-issued is the Messer/Hataye 31f for the first Delta movie same as the first 31f, however no Freiya or Kaname as the secondary pilot. The boxes where different as well.

Two Hayate (helmet and helmetless) and Messier, the Lil'Draken add on clips (the Lil'Drakens for the 31f are sold separately) to recreate the scenes from the First Movie came in this set only.

First release of the 31f is on the bottom, re-issue on the top as pictured in this post below.

Now its the wait for the 31a Arad, Supers for Chuck's 31e, Arad's 31s, the remaining Drakens (Elvis and the Pope head versions) and the VF-22 for the second Delta movie after the series first aired five years ago.

02006598893.jpg

dx__vf31fsuper_parts_1537604646_b01db319_progressive.jpg

Edited by borgified

• 2 months later...

Does anyone happen to have a pic of; or would be nice enough to please post a pic of their 31F Messer with Hayate Super Parts and Lill Drakens (replacing the boosters) simultaneously? I want to see if the colors on the armor and Drakens come close enough to a match.

Slightly similar to the attached:

31F-blue_13.jpg.95871639c9c65d4baba2efcc555eb00b.jpg

Edited by blackconvoy_D01

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/5/2020 at 7:48 AM, blackconvoy_D01 said:

Does anyone happen to have a pic of; or would be nice enough to please post a pic of their 31F Messer with Hayate Super Parts and Lill Drakens (replacing the boosters) simultaneously? I want to see if the colors on the armor and Drakens come close enough to a match.

Slightly similar to the attached:

31F-blue_13.jpg.95871639c9c65d4baba2efcc555eb00b.jpg

I don't have the separate Lil Drakens set, but here's some photos from @jenius' Anymoon website to compare with.

VF-31C-Super-Parts-12.jpg

VF-31C-Super-Parts-15.jpg

VF-31C-Super-Parts-16.jpg

Lil-Draken-for-DX-VF-31-5.jpg

Lil-Draken-for-DX-VF-31-8.jpg

Lil-Draken-for-DX-VF-31-13.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Haha they forgot to mosaic the projection parts in the beginning!  

Nice:good: do projection parts have different colours per valk? I forget...

They seem to have no color matching for this... but i could be wrong. The 31s shown all doesn't seem to be equipped with super packs... at least I see no attached wing boosters.

I’m hoping/ thinking that the projection pods would be incorporated into FP releases. It doesn’t seem to make sense to release them standalone.

Also, maybe the reason why they weren’t displayed together with the FPs is simply to make sure the focus is on the new pod(s)

29 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Wow that was unexpected. Didn't think they would release the speaker/projection pack. Hopefully they aren't color specific per valk.

They appear to be valk specific in that you must but the valk to get the speaker pack.  This is how you reuse a mold.

4 minutes ago, Mommar said:

They appear to be valk specific in that you must but the valk to get the speaker pack.  This is how you reuse a mold.

Aw, hell no! If they do that, I just may boycott and these will be the first DX Valks I don’t buy since they started DX Delta. 

Except may one...or five. 

Edited by Slave IV

32 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Wow that was unexpected. Didn't think they would release the speaker/projection pack. Hopefully they aren't color specific per valk.

I don't remember it's being color specific. But then, you know how Bandai goes, they might bundle that to Arad's or Chuck's Super Packs (if ever there is) as an option and then people are going to buy multiple sets just to get the SpeakerPod to use for Hayate, Mirage, and Messer. And then sell those bunches of unused Arad's and Chuck's Super Packs. And after a year, Bandai will announce it's 'single' SpeakerPod set for previous owners of Hayate, Mirage, and Messer owners.

As Mandalorians will say... "That's the Bandai way".

:rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Maybe they will make some other improvements to the Valk to sweeten the deal. I really hope not. Just sell me the speakers separately. 

I'd be mildly surprised, given that the 31 is already one of the best engineered valkyrie figures (if not the best).