Um, maybe? Valk hunting is hard. 

I was also trying to make a Ghostbusters reference, y’know when Dana was in the firehouse and Egon and Spengler were talking about race memories in the collective unconscious. Three separate people mucking about with Mirage Super Parts at more or less the same time; repressed initiative. 

Aaand that’s enough internet for today. I’ll take my hat and see myself out, no need to show me the way. 

On 5/10/2020 at 11:57 AM, Sandman said:

Thanks. I'll pick one up. Just hope i can paint the black strip on decently.

i asked Mandarake for $40 dollars 15% off (3150 yen) and they agreed. Brought down what i paid from 21000 to 17850 yen. Not bad but i wouldn't have bought a valk with a broken fin for that price. At least i won't waste money on shipping doing a return.

Well guess what happened on my next order. Ordered a 1S from amiami. Opened the box, pulled out the valk and the right arm falls off. Broken shoulder hinge. Looked at the left arm, the shoulder hinge is half broken. I wasn't able to find the pieces of plastic in the box or on my desk which leads me to believe the guy who sold it to amiami had already broken it and amiami didn't notice. 

I've already contacted amiami and i don't have hope of a good solution like with mandarake. They seem really rude and have weird questions and requests. After sending them pics of the toy. they asked for the shipping invoice. Send them that. Then they wanted me to take a pic with the toy and invoice in the same pic. Basically making jump through hoops. Looks like they don't offer a discount. I'll have to return it to them which will only be worth it if they pay for the shipping back to them. Arghhh.

17 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Well guess what happened on my next order. Ordered a 1S from amiami. Opened the box, pulled out the valk and the right arm falls off. Broken shoulder hinge. Looked at the left arm, the shoulder hinge is half broken. I wasn't able to find the pieces of plastic in the box or on my desk which leads me to believe the guy who sold it to amiami had already broken it and amiami didn't notice. 

I've already contacted amiami and i don't have hope of a good solution like with mandarake. They seem really rude and have weird questions and requests. After sending them pics of the toy. they asked for the shipping invoice. Send them that. Then they wanted me to take a pic with the toy and invoice in the same pic. Basically making jump through hoops. Looks like they don't offer a discount. I'll have to return it to them which will only be worth it if they pay for the shipping back to them. Arghhh.

Damn that sucks! But to be fair, taking some pictures so they have some verifiable documentation for any action they may take on your behalf doesn’t exactly sound like jumping through hoops to me. Seems pretty reasonable actually.

This is the second time that you have issues @Sandman.

The 31J Kai had a broken antenna in which there was a solution, based on the second re-read of your post, was that a brand new 31s or Yammie 1/60 1s pre-owned? :vava:  

Edit: Change of post of second re-reading.

Edited by borgified

On 5/14/2020 at 9:20 PM, Slave IV said:

Damn that sucks! But to be fair, taking some pictures so they have some verifiable documentation for any action they may take on your behalf doesn’t exactly sound like jumping through hoops to me. Seems pretty reasonable actually.

Well when they ask for pics, then more pics and now they want a video. I call it hoop jumping. I don't even know how they expect me to send a video when their email system only allows 2MBs for an attachment.

5 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Well when they ask for pics, then more pics and now they want a video. I call it hoop jumping. I don't even know how they expect me to send a video when their email system only allows 2MBs for an attachment.

I didn't see you mention the video part before and I thought perhaps maybe you missed a part where they asked for the picture of the item with the invoice the first time. The only time I had to deal with amiami, they were very pleasant and straightforward. I remember they asked for a photo of the item with the invoice. They paid for shipping to return the defective item and sent me a new one. This may be a little different if it's a used item. Either way, good luck and hope you get a good solution.

11 minutes ago, blackconvoy_D01 said:

Straight up; honest opinions please: is the VF-31A worth the extra effort to obtain?

It was for me! But I’m a completist with that stuff. And it has enough difference they it was worth it. Not just another paint job.

On 5/19/2020 at 5:21 PM, Sandman said:

The saga continues. A 31F i ordered came in today. Missing the head fin. I'm 3 and 3 now. At least it comes with another fin but Jeez is anyone doing their job checking what they buy at Manadarake.

3 hours ago, blackconvoy_D01 said:

Straight up; honest opinions please: is the VF-31A worth the extra effort to obtain?

Depends, the other 31 figures are starting to climb (or at least Mirage and Arad are), is it worth the premium over Mirage/Arad? Depends if you like the color scheme and different wing shape. Is it worth more than double a Chuck, Messer, or Hayate? Probably not in my opinion.

3 hours ago, blackconvoy_D01 said:

To clarify, there are no effort involved. it is just cashing up double or triple (depende on what 31 figure you compare it to). My personal limit is 40k yen, anything above that, it is not worth it but of course, different collector, different perspective.

It is worth it due to different wing configuration and color scheme, which compared to delta 31, have almost the same design and just different stripes here and there.

8 hours ago, chyll2 said:

My personal limit is 40k yen, anything above that, it is not worth it but of course, different collector, different perspective.

11 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

It was for me! But I’m a completist with that stuff. And it has enough difference they it was worth it. Not just another paint job.

I should really add that I also found it at a price I was willing to spend from @no3Ljm here. So, it was expensive but within my personal limits and contributing to another board member. I’ve only seen the price come close to that a few times on AmiAmi and Manda. For me, it was worth it. And I actually like the CF better than the Delta crew.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! Just got my very first VF-31 with it being Chucks VF-31E and I’m having a blast with it! But one thing I notice is that it’s missing the upper arm armor piece on the left arm and I looked in the box for it, is there away I could get a replacement or even a 3D printed one? Oh 

28 minutes ago, Hikaru1234567890 said:

Hey guys! Just got my very first VF-31 with it being Chucks VF-31E and I’m having a blast with it! But one thing I notice is that it’s missing the upper arm armor piece on the left arm and I looked in the box for it, is there away I could get a replacement or even a 3D printed one? Oh 

The only thing that I can think of is to send it back to Bandai's factory and get a replacement which will cost you quite some $$$.

5 hours ago, borgified said:

The only thing that I can think of is to send it back to Bandai's factory and get a replacement which will cost you quite some $$$.

Bad thing about that is i bought it from someone on a classified site and i don't think that will work, but i could be wrong.