Uh, and I thought I was the only one that didn't complete the squad or had multiples.  (from the armchair it sure felt like I was the only one!)

I only have two 31's, Mirage and Hayate. I only really double up with the Hi Metal R's - I have 3 of the Messer VF1J Anniversary valks (picked one up for £25 at Nakano!), 3 of the VF2SS, and I suppose if you take into account all the recolours, 6 VF1's (Max, Miria, the Messer colours and a Fokker version). Much as I love the larger Valks, the HMR figures are like mini-masterpieces, just a fantastic size for display. 

gt5VOEw.jpg

It's nice to have these on display in my office though :)

SpBeZ0W.jpg

18 minutes ago, Acteon said:

Kronos was my first ever Valk, I happened to be in Japan when it came out and I fell in love with it. Slippery slope from there!

You're making me want another with that pose! I have mine in fighter. Hmmmm, that may be back on the to get list.

This is all I have for 25-31s. I don't see it changing much. Maybe one more Chronos in Battroid. I want to keep this series in one shelf. I can maybe stuff one more in there before it starts looking to busy. If I go past that I will need to completely populate an additional shelf...........because reasons.:D

25-31.jpg.34c017ae1fd7fdfcef8dd904527f189d.jpg

1 minute ago, Sandman said:

You sell that Hayate 31J?

Ah, you're right... I've got 3.  I forgot about that one, since it's not in my study at home.  It's in my office at work.

19 hours ago, wm cheng said:

Uh, and I thought I was the only one that didn't complete the squad or had multiples.  (from the armchair it sure felt like I was the only one!)

I just have the TV Messer with Super Parts and Lil Drakens, Arad with armor, and Keith with Lil Drakens

There are too many color variations of what's essentially the same model/mold. The lack of space and the collecting of a wide variety of different lines means I have to streamline so I usually just collect the main lead's valk or mecha, etc as representation of that series. I envy those of you who can afford to collect multiples pieces of the same valk.

Edited by eXis10z

Something about the 31s and Delta screamed “buy me all.” So I did, except sold my 31J and kept the Kai. Also the two Messers are difficult to tell apart so I went the Movie. So I guess I drew the line there? :blink:

I’ve posted these before but will post again cuz why not... 

18 minutes ago, eXis10z said:

There are too many color variations of what's essentially the same model/mold. The lack of space and the collecting of a wide variety of different lines means I have to streamline so I usually just collect the main lead's valk or mecha, etc as representation of that series. I envy those of you who can afford to collect multiples pieces of the same valk.

I think this is a great approach. I do that for my TFs. I only grab the ones that hold some nostalgia for me. But I pretty much only collect Macross now.

CA4548FF-55D6-47C3-9596-9FB7C48D8A30.jpeg

432E64FC-BE4C-4999-8EE8-3DB00D497B4C.jpeg

21 hours ago, sqidd said:

This is all I have for 25-31s. I don't see it changing much. Maybe one more Chronos in Battroid. I want to keep this series in one shelf. I can maybe stuff one more in there before it starts looking to busy. If I go past that I will need to completely populate an additional shelf...........because reasons.:D

25-31.jpg.34c017ae1fd7fdfcef8dd904527f189d.jpg

That's a lovely display, I really ought to invest in better stands for my Valks too. I try not to clutter mine, but the Transformer Masterpiece shelves are about as full as they can be ><

The Kronos is a gorgeous Battroid, the colour scheme gives it a bit of a Patlabor look, especially those legs. Go for it :)

Not surprising, but I haven't had it happen to me yet. Did have a c-clamp on one of my renewal 25's guns break similarly - wasn't applying much force at all, just moved it and the piece snapped.

I know there's a lot of fine detail in these modern DX figures but one thing I miss from the 1/65 chunky DX M7 figures... they were solid at least.

Edited by jeniusornome