The prototype shield adapter came in and it works well enough to open the product on shapeways. https://www.shapeways.com/product/QXMNJYDW8/vf-31-shield-adapter-reeplacement

I will note that it's not a perfect fit. You don't get the snap where it locks into place like the stock adapters do and due to the material the lip that secures it wears away after cycling it on and off a few times. It still works afterwards but can be shaken off the shield. I'll probably try to refine the fitment eventually but for now this should work.

15792986665657513650805298441159.thumb.jpg.b40f98c358ec2b406578b61d1af5d7ad.jpg15792988997437806192474912758109.thumb.jpg.03a34ac1c17bed7300e52e56f1258dce.jpg

I think chuck’s might not be as popular because there have already been five regular releases of the 31...

I’m really tempted at that price. I don’t like to buy multiple variants of the same figure - not a lot of display space and my budget isn’t very big - but it would be different enough from my Mirage 31 that I might be able to justify it at that price. 

1 hour ago, rematron said:

Anybody know a way to tighten the gap in the fuselage behind the canopy? I acquired a 31a recently with a rather unsightly one. 

From what we gathered, the only way to make that gap tighten or to make it more closer-looking, adjust the crotch panel under the fuselage in fighter mode. The more you make that panel tight and shut in fighter mode, the more it has a gap between the fuselage and the body. However, by doing so, that crotch panel will not look properly flushed underneath. So it's kind of 'one or the other' situation.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

From what we gathered, the only way to make that gap tighten or to make it more closer-looking, adjust the crotch panel under the fuselage in fighter mode. The more you make that panel tight and shut in fighter mode, the more it has a gap between the fuselage and the body. However, by doing so, that crotch panel will not look properly flushed underneath. So it's kind of 'one or the other' situation.

Ok. Thank you. I guess I just have to live with it. Haha. 

4 hours ago, rematron said:

Anybody know a way to tighten the gap in the fuselage behind the canopy? I acquired a 31a recently with a rather unsightly one. 

This is one of the few known flaws across the vf-31 mold.  It seems to vary a little bit by each specific copy (some have it worse than others), but there is no way to completely eliminate the gap, as far as I'm aware.

You can try what @no3Ljm suggested, but like he said, there is a trade-off.

There is a way to eliminate the gap, but it involves shaving the tab on the part that clips in underneath the cockpit so it doesn't pull the fuselage down/back.

Personally I wouldn't attempt unless it's a really bad gap, and probably not at all on a 31A.

6 hours ago, Mommar said:

Post a photo and show us the gap.

Here it is. Not completely awful but significantly larger than the one in the background.  I haven’t transformed it yet and I’m hoping that’s the problem. It was used and whoever transformed it back into fighter mode didn’t do it correctly so when I got it, the intake nacelles weren’t sitting into their mounts correctly.  So I’m gonna transform it to battroid and back and see what that does. 

04977CDC-B8B2-414A-99B8-89ABD114B8A8.png

15 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

That needs just a little bit of massaging. :good:

giphy.gif

Hahahahahahahaha!  Yeah I hope that does the trick. Got it into battroid last night. I’ll put it back into fighter mode when I get home and massage it properly. Lol