13 minutes ago, sqidd said:

As a business owner that deals in limited quantity/short run items that are often behind schedule I can tell you that that tactic will likely backfire.  Do you know who gets stuff from me first? The people that don't bug me. Do you know who gets their stuff last? You guessed it, the people filling up my in box and wasting OUR time. Every message checked and replied to is time better spent getting stuff out the door. You're only hurting yourself.

Haha, I’ve tried to explain this concept so many times when I see hoards of people talking about flooding shops (mostly NY) with emails asking about their orders. I just sit back, relax and all my orders come through when they do. Meanwhile, I have plenty of other toys to enjoy :D

2 hours ago, burnout6 said:

Do people really drop this much loot ? I'm a rather new collector and I just cant fathom the desire. 

Damnit.  You're sounding like my wife now!  :shok:

This one has some interesting history, so yeah, some people do just to complete their lineup.  I didn't spend that much thanks to a board member selling me one, but still paid much more than MSRP.  Some might consider it a "grail."  I have paid for more in order to have a few grails, so I get it.  Everyone has a different budget for this kind of stuff :)

2 hours ago, burnout6 said:

Do people really drop this much loot ? I'm a rather new collector and I just cant fathom the desire. 

5 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Damnit.  You're sounding like my wife now!  :shok:

This one has some interesting history, so yeah, some people do just to complete their lineup.  I didn't spend that much thanks to a board member selling me one, but still paid much more than MSRP.  Some might consider it a "grail."  I have paid for more in order to have a few grails, so I get it.  Everyone has a different budget for this kind of stuff :)

All of us are guilty of that! Forking out $$ for the valks that we want in our collection. ^_^

I would like to get a 31a, however I'll wait for the "possible" Arad version.  If not, then I can start saving up for future releases (maybe the DX YF-21 to go with the now existing DX YF-19. Bandai has gotten a hold on the Plus licence, so it a no brainer that the DX YF-21 should be next. How it will be interpreted? That's another question). :search:

Yup. Value is in the eye of the beholder so to speak. A worthless baseball can be worth thousands of dollars depending on who hit it and what game it was in. Same can be said about worthless pieces of cardboard like baseball, magic the gathering, or pokemon cards. More recently those Funko's that all ultimately look the same but can fetch quite a bit of money based on what they're representing and how rare they are.

.... That's how I justify it.. Don't judge me! :blink:

15 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I set my limit at about $400 or MSRP, whichever is higher.

Haven't paid that much for many things, but there have been a few.

VF-11B/C and VF-0D are the only things I've bought used for that much.

I never set a limit and wondered what I have paid. I just checked my spreadsheet (yep, super nerd).  Looks like we're on the same program. I've topped out at $431 shipped for one of the new VF-0D PF's. A couple more hovering right under $400. Most under $300.

I have topped out at $605 on a Super Robot though.:o

Edited by sqidd

32 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I never set a limit and wondered what I have paid. I just checked my spreadsheet (yep, super nerd).  Looks like we're on the same program. I've topped out at $431 shipped for one of the new VF-0D PF's. A couple more hovering right under $400. Most under $300.

I have topped out at $605 on a Super Robot though.:o

Oh, for new stuff, I've paid more. I have an Arcadia PF SDF-1 and a Bandai PG Phenex to name a couple.

I just set a limit for used stuff, as the value fluctuates a bit more there.

2 hours ago, borgified said:

All of us are guilty of that! Forking out $$ for the valks that we want in our collection.

Right?! Guilty here!

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I have an Arcadia PF SDF-1

Pretty much this. Next to the sealed 1/55 DYRL VF-1S Hikkie that I own, it’s the most expensive. Both were worth every penny to me.

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I have a Bandai PG Phenex 

I'm not enamored with the Gundam stuff except a few choice units. That's one of them. That PG is awesome. I will never, ever have time to build it though.:cray:

On 10/26/2019 at 8:24 PM, Lolicon said:

Super late to the party, but I finally got around to putting the armored parts on my 31S. Man, she's big and heavy. Looks nice, but I still like the VF-25 armored parts more.

188469524_VF-31Sarmored001.thumb.jpg.ad32b8cde46bb1bf22859d1d3d44b32c.jpg

Nice pic lolicon. Same goes for me, i likes the super amor packs on the VF25s more. 

12 hours ago, recon said:

Nice pic lolicon. Same goes for me, i likes the super amor packs on the VF25s more. 

Thanks! 

20 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

armor please!!!! Cmon bandai, it just need two new parts. Milk the mold

I want that but also want the remaining super parts for the rest of the squadron! 

20 hours ago, recon said:

Anyone here wishes bandai finish up the fastpacks for 31S and 31E? 

17 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I want a pack, either FAST or armor for the 31A.

Isn't it kind of a bad sign that nothing was announced when the new YF-21 was announced?

3 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Considering how complete of a line Bandai did for Frontier, i assumed the same for Delta. Still waiting for the tan 171 among other stuff.

If so, then maybe the second Delta movie will have more stuff for the valks by then. 

I'm waiting for the Super Set for Chuck  and maybe a NUNS/Mercat 171EX. 

If the DX YF-21 does gets the green light, then maybe the VF-22s. 

The problem is... I have to gather  funds for the upcoming releases. Might have to put up unwanted Valks on the For Sales Thread soon.

6 minutes ago, dur said:

Question for those of you who have had the armor on your VF-31S for a while... have you noticed any special fatigue?  Particularly wondering about anyone brave enough to keep it in battroid mode

My 31S has been wearing armour in battroid without supports since it arrived until I packed it away for the house move a week ago. Everything still felt solid, but it's probably a bit soon to tell.

Edited by WaferMouse

Mine has also been in battroid mode for about a month (I haven't even tried the other modes with the armor).  It seems fine, but I don't really handle it.  Maybe I'll check it this weekend.

I do have it on the reinforced display stand, with the support arms attached.  I even added another set of support arms (from a different display stand) to hold up the boosters.

If you don't use the supports to keep the arms stable, I have no doubt the elbow joints will eventually give out. Those rotating cannons are big and heavy.

The legs ought to be fine if it's on a stand, there's not that much additional weight there, and those joints are made to hold the entire figure.

I wouldn't leave it free-standing in battroid though, no way it'll hold up over time.

16 hours ago, WaferMouse said:

My 31S has been wearing armour in battroid without supports since it arrived until I packed it away for the house move a week ago. Everything still felt solid, but it's probably a bit soon to tell.

same as me the arms still holding up without support