Finally, VF-31S Armor has arrived! So huge in real life, i really like it!

LubOI6eTdXQ.thumb.jpg.da855880ae86c38c17af45b402bb0706.jpg

But i have some dissapointment today. Didn't saw my 31s about 3 month, and noticed that it's getting yellow. It didn't seen sun light, only for pictures was under window and after that i put it on the shelf, so that's yellowing after only one year dissapointing. Of course i will fix that, but on other DX toys all was all good with color T_T So be carefull with that!

KqsIJ1JP0Hg.thumb.jpg.5acc757bcacac12ad79f8a4cabac81fe.jpg

P.s. Sorry for quality of pics - i have bad lighting now.

Edited by SuNDuK

25 minutes ago, SuNDuK said:

Finally, VF-31S Armor has arrived! So huge in real life, i really like it!

LubOI6eTdXQ.jpg

But i have some dissapointment today. Didn't saw my 31s about 3 month, and noticed that it's getting yellow. It didn't seen sun light, only for pictures was under window and after that i put it on the shelf, so that's yellowing after only one year dissapointing. Of course i will fix that, but on other DX toys all was all good with color T_T So be carefull with that!

KqsIJ1JP0Hg.jpg

P.s. Sorry for quality of pics - i have bad lighting now.

Picture links are broken.

The armor looks pretty ridiculous in battroid mode, but that fighter mode looks awesome!  I think I know what mode I'm displaying in (whenever it is I get to opening...) . Does the dual beam turret lock in any way?  And can it fire forward in fighter mode?

5 minutes ago, dur said:

The armor looks pretty ridiculous in battroid mode, but that fighter mode looks awesome!  I think I know what mode I'm displaying in (whenever it is I get to opening...) . Does the dual beam turret lock in any way?  And can it fire forward in fighter mode?

Unfortunately it doesn't lock into place.

For the Stampede look in valk mode, you can use the clear arms that are included in the set to hold the cannon on the foward peg (rounded).  As for the cannon in valk mode,  you can however the original gunpod on the back of the valk has to be removed and the dual cannon can be used with a slight tilt at the rear hinge.    

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Thanks for sharing @Saburo!

Those first top view shots of fighter mode are my favorite. Love gerwalk mode, I can tell it’s gonna be a pita but it looks badass and such a rare sight. 

Thank you @Slave IV!  I tried to take more shots of Gerwalk mode but things were not going well changing its orientation it kinda fell apart or almost falling back but it wasn''t as frustrating as the Sentinel Ride Armors those were a massive amount of tipping and having to realign all the parts. :vava:

Wow Saburo, you make something I have no interest in, actually look pretty awesome!

On another note, I think I now know what the orange is supposed to be matching - the visor on the Battroid head!  Somehow it works, especially with these pictures.

It's an impressive piece, with a lot of little details, but man if it isn't the most unwieldy hunk of plastic in the Macross product line. :lol: 

I messed with the set a little, but didn't apply the whole thing, using the VF-31E I had laying about.  Orange not quite a match, but it wasn't too bad.  All I did was mount the arm cannons and giant cannon pack to see how they looked, and it kind of worked to keep most of the plane streamlined.

I think my least favorite part is the flippy/spinny/sliding boxes of missiles on the booster packs though.  I don't know what good they expected that little black stub piece to do, but it's absolutely ineffective on mine at holding the pods aligned, and they just sag in fighter mode.  Also think the little beak-like covers over the big cannons are pretty useless, since they don't really seem to work well in any position but snapped closed.

I did get two sets so I have one to customize, but I might try and find a spare set of regular super packs to do the same with, so I can mix and match the components.

On 9/22/2019 at 10:32 AM, Slave IV said:

Thanks for sharing @Saburo!

Those first top view shots of fighter mode are my favorite. Love gerwalk mode, I can tell it’s gonna be a pita but it looks badass and such a rare sight. 

If your rotating knee joints won’t hold it is a pain and you’ll need the stand but otherwise I haven’t had problems with the armor staying put.

12 hours ago, sqidd said:

Man, I have on in fighter mode. You're making me want another to have in Battroid too!

If you decide to grab another one! :D

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1120829683&ref=list&keyword=VF-31&lang=en