I did email Big in Japan and they told me that when I paid 5200 yen originally that was just an estimate at that I am required to pay them the additional 3100 yen because the package was bigger. I told them 8300 yen was excessive and to please cancel my order. Nope. Not allowed. Pay or we get to keep your money. I told them that this was unreasonable and I would take store credit. Nope. Not allowed. I said, “hey, I’m a loyal customer and this is going to bridge with me.” We don’t care. So I paid and I won’t place any future orders with them. And I was always a big fan.

3 minutes ago, mcfly50 said:

I did email Big in Japan and they told me that when I paid 5200 yen originally that was just an estimate at that I am required to pay them the additional 3100 yen because the package was bigger. I told them 8300 yen was excessive and to please cancel my order. Nope. Not allowed. Pay or we get to keep your money. I told them that this was unreasonable and I would take store credit. Nope. Not allowed. I said, “hey, I’m a loyal customer and this is going to bridge with me.” We don’t care. So I paid and I won’t place any future orders with them. And I was always a big fan.

That is pretty bad, I feel I am going to have something similar happen with mykombini as they were charging 3500 yen for the shipping of it when I placed my order.

19 minutes ago, mcfly50 said:

That really sucks. I always felt a lack of customer care with BiJ since 2012. Would recommend everyone to be wary when ordering with them unless it's a last resort. 

I've been having pretty good luck with FromJapan. You do have to pay up-front, and can't cancel items (as they're a proxy, rather than a store), but they'll let things sit for up to 45days so you can combine shipping, and they'll also let you see different shipping options with prices before picking one.

https://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/charge/list/ems1_en.html

BiJ's pricing for EMS shipping NEVER made sense. They must do actual post + mark-up and I'd guess they're really sticky on that mark-up for TWE items since the mark-up they make on the actual good is very small. They guessed the item would weigh 1.75kg to get to 5,200¥ which is kooky dooks. 

Instead of canceling, did they offer changing the shipping method to SAL?

Yeah there was no negotiating with them. And I really like BiJ. I had great luck with them. Until now. Sometimes I wonder if they (or any store) would just ask for more shipping money because they can.  I’m not trying to be a conspiracy nut here, but there is nothing to stop them from doing this for any number of reasons. I just hate the lack of transparency. Just be up front.  You know it’s crazy, but at least you can see Nippon Yassons shenigans up front if you order from them (cough...cough... current DX VF-1S price...). 

Edited by mcfly50

3 hours ago, mcfly50 said:

Yeah there was no negotiating with them. And I really like BiJ. I had great luck with them. Until now. Sometimes I wonder if they (or any store) would just ask for more shipping money because they can.  I’m not trying to be a conspiracy nut here, but there is nothing to stop them from doing this for any number of reasons. I just hate the lack of transparency. Just be up front.  You know it’s crazy, but at least you can see Nippon Yassons shenigans up front if you order from them (cough...cough... current DX VF-1S price...). 

8300 for 1 unit is excessive. My proxy is quoting me 7760 for 2 armors via EMS. I do get a 5% discount on EMS but that’s negligible. 

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
wrods

9 hours ago, mcfly50 said:

3 hours ago, mcfly50 said:

51 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

8300 for 1 unit is excessive. My proxy is quoting me 7760 for 2 armors via EMS. I do get a 5% discount on EMS but that’s negligible. 

Yeah.

8300y is quite excessive fee for a single VF-31 DX order  to be shipped to the US.

Unless either you ordered more than one single item,  or your shipping location is South America or Europe or even Australia?

Bij is normally pretty fair on their shipping, they have even eat the extra cost before . I think someone in their warehouse mess up in their default shipping weight for the item.  Did anyone preorder 2 armor from them , omg imagine the shipping cost for that .

20 minutes ago, Mommar said:

NY is starting to make me nervous.

They were pretty late on getting the VF-1 missiles out if I remember correctly, and they sent out an email saying that the armor would be available starting the 23rd - so some time tomorrow in the States through the next day it's likely to see it in preparation?  I wouldn't worry yet.

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

4 hours ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

Mine (31S Armor sets) just came in via EMS (12k+ jpy) and I'm on the east coast (US). Total weight was about 6100g with the shipping box and padding. 20190821_113515.thumb.jpg.78b70b1955d6ed611f6b801281df2be3.jpg

Baller! One for each mode?

24 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

They were pretty late on getting the VF-1 missiles out if I remember correctly, and they sent out an email saying that the armor would be available starting the 23rd - so some time tomorrow in the States through the next day it's likely to see it in preparation?  I wouldn't worry yet.

Yeah, NY has the listed "release date" for the armor as Aug 23rd.  Not too worried yet.  

And honestly, I have some issues with NY in general, but I have always gotten what I've ordered from them eventually, even the TWE stuff.

If you want your stuff fast: NY is not the place to go.

You'll get it eventually, but don't expect is to ship quickly.

Honestly, I don't think there's any point to buying from them unless you get stuff shipped SAL or Ferry. Or you were able to secure a pre-order at initial price.

12 minutes ago, jenius said:

NY is great for ferry shipping... Otherwise less so.

At the speed they seem to run, I half expect it's the only shipping they actually use. :p   Seriously though, if they're paying absolute minimal shipping on their stock orders, it might be why they're so late to the gates at release time.

Edited by Chronocidal

51 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

34 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

That's pretty much MSRP, if anyone wants to grab it.

Just snagged it (hopefully and if no one beats me to it) and will see if it follows through in three days. ;)

8 hours ago, OzmaLee74 said:

Let us know how much shipping is! 

Got the confirmation email and I did get it!! Payment due in 5 days.:yahoo:

I went with EMS as shipping... Guess how much for shipping it to YVR?

4.5k yen for a 2 kg box of molded Silpheed Armour parts. Going to put it on Chucky (with mismatched numbers and colours) upon getting it and having the time to assemble it. If the Supers get made for Chuck, I'll most likely get it.

Hmm... I wonder how the Silpheed Armour looks on Mirage's 31c. A quick kit bash in the making... ;)