@Lolicon or anyone who has or will be getting their VF-31E.  Have you been able to get all the radome panels/parts to line up flat when collapse extendable parts in?  I have tried get everything to line up flat, looked at all the pics posted in the reviews and it doesn't look like everything line up flat. :huh:

9013AF93-0C2B-43A9-80CA-5D4F300CE871.thumb.jpeg.a785942bb78d31da49e50b390b0bbb61.jpeg

Edited by Saburo

10 minutes ago, Saburo said:

@Lolicon or anyone who has or will be getting their VF-31E.  Have you been able to get all the Randome panels/parts to line up flat when collapse extendable parts in?  I have tried get everything to line up flat, looked at all the pics posted in the reviews and it doesn't look like everything line up flat. :huh:

My radome was a big floppy mess. I got pretty close to a clean look, but only from the right angle. If I touch it, it pops out out place again. I kinda wish they would have made the radome not collapsible. Maybe just a solid open version and a collapsed version that you could switch out.

2 hours ago, seti88 said:

Nicely lighted! Raise all the sabers and pledge allegiance to king shoji kawamori! :rolleyes:

Ohhh that's an idea. I'll have to try that. :D

1 hour ago, Saburo said:

@Lolicon or anyone who has or will be getting their VF-31E.  Have you been able to get all the Randome panels/parts to line up flat when collapse extendable parts in?  I have tried get everything to line up flat, looked at all the pics posted in the reviews and it doesn't look like everything line up flat. :huh:

9013AF93-0C2B-43A9-80CA-5D4F300CE871.thumb.jpeg.a785942bb78d31da49e50b390b0bbb61.jpeg

Nope, I don't think it's possible to get everything perfectly lined up and flat so it's indistinguishable from a non-folding radome. And parts will move out of place at the slightest touch. :unknw:

30 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Nope, I don't think it's possible to get everything perfectly lined up and flat so it's indistinguishable from a non-folding radome. And parts will move out of place at the slightest touch. :unknw:

@LoliconI kept messing with it for 20 min and  that photo is the best I could do ti get it "lined up".  My radome hold fairly well, I have bumped it slightly and holds

1 hour ago, Ipsquitch said:

My radome was a big floppy mess. I got pretty close to a clean look, but only from the right angle. If I touch it, it pops out out place again. I kinda wish they would have made the radome not collapsible. Maybe just a solid open version and a collapsed version that you could switch out.

Thank you for the info @Ipsquitch, the radome on mine hold fairly well, it doesn't pop out of place too often.

48 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Hey @Lolicon are these sabers kits from hlj ?  They look fantastic!

Yeah, those are the Kotobukiya LED swords. I had to modify them for Messer and Chuck. 

Think I prefer this lineup more. 

672069405_IMG_20190722_13092501.jpg.6f362c5ede8bbad36783f4c570092539.jpg

32 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Judging from the box cover, I wonder if it's not even supposed to lock together into a solid disc?  I'd have to check the series to see if that's how it always was.

There are tabs for it to be fully closed. It doesn't line up particularly well in either opened or closed state though. 

Edit: nevermind, I was thinking of the main tabs (don't have it's in front of me at the moment). 

Edited by Lolicon

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Yeah, those are the Kotobukiya LED swords. I had to modify them for Messer and Chuck. 

Think I prefer this lineup more. 

672069405_IMG_20190722_13092501.jpg.6f362c5ede8bbad36783f4c570092539.jpg

Hey Lolicon, can we ask what needs to be modified on those sabers? Thanks.

8 hours ago, Moosey said:

I paid AmiAmi for mine but they still haven’t sent me the shipping invoice. C’mon guys!! Need my second radome Valk!

Patience my young Padawan.... Give it at least two business days and Amiami will give you the shipping invoice with the tracking number.

17 hours ago, Lolicon said:

How hard is it to change LED colors?   Would like a magenta/purple one for Mirage.  (and Revan!)    What exact shape/size is used?   And super-detailed soldering, or just "basic" skills? 

17 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey Lolicon, can we ask what needs to be modified on those sabers? Thanks.

Not too much, fortunately. It's actually super easy! Barely an inconvenience.

The Kotobukiya LED swords come with clear uncolored blades in addition to whichever color you bought. So I just used the spare set to paint yellow ones for Chuck and purple for Messer.

The LED handles used by Kotobukiya are the Milight LEDs. Size 327 is the size used by Kotobukiya,

https://hlj.com/search/go?w=milight

I just swapped them out: yellow for Chuck, white for Messer, as they don't sell a purple LED.

40 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

How hard is it to change LED colors?   Would like a magenta/purple one for Mirage.  (and Revan!)    What exact shape/size is used?   And super-detailed soldering, or just "basic" skills? 

See above. It'll probably way easier to use a white LED handle and paint the blade to whatever color you like. Those LEDs are tiny and secured pretty well. I've never tried to open any of them up. They'll must likely just break if you try to open it to remove the LED.

36 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I suppose that Orange is more Yellowish than the YF-25 right?

Way more yellow tint to the orange than the straight up orange of the VF-1D or YF-25.

1 hour ago, Graham said:

Can someone please post a photo of the underside of Chuck's VF-31E in fighter mode with the radome in the stowed position please, I really want to see how it looks all folded up from underneath.

You mean this @Graham (or do you want another view)? I believe that hacchaka has it as well. * This was from "nov.chan's" website before it disappeared in vaporware. * 

1563595295453.jpg

Edit: Here's hacchaka's.

20ea6ba3.jpg

Hopefully these two pics help.

Edited by borgified

47 minutes ago, Saburo said:

Meet the Siegfrieds

Not jealous at all..nope nope.....:cray:

Nice pic saburo! Automatically arad is the outstanding one there...i do wish bandai would come out with supers for arad. 

The siegfrieds must be waiting for uncle armored arad to arrive!