They truly are taking the p**s with the gap behind the cockpit. It seems bigger than all other VF-31. Not too sure what to think about this, will have to see when I have it in my hands. At the beginning of the Delta lineup, I only planned to get the 31-J and this one. Typically, the 31-E ended up being the last one. And whilst waiting for it, I ended up with the entire line (and can't stand the actual Delta series). Hopefully Bandai will stop milking the Vf-31 and continue with what they started with Macross Plus....and more HMR.(like everyone is saying, it's looking bleak on that front ...). Personally I'd rather see less VF-1s and more Fighter variety rather than yet another entire squadron of 1/48 (especially as I still have all my 1/48 Yammies....sure an Elint and Ostrich would be cool but that's it)

So, I actually went about trying to figure out why the gap behind the cockpit is so prevalent on the 31s.  My set has a fairly varying amount of gap there, and it all seems linked to how far the sliding mechanism in the chest collapses.

I have one 31A that has a gap that will not close up, because one side of the chest does not slide as well as the other, and it does not collapse as far inward.  I suspect there is something within the track of that sliding mechanism that's blocking it from closing up properly.

I also noticed that unlatching the crotch plate from the underside of the nose helps relieve the gap somewhat at times.  Since that plate locks into the nose and pulls toward the rear on the underside, it tends to bend the nose downward, and worsen those gaps.  Sanding off a bit on the back edge of the tabs that lock under the nose might relieve some of that tension, and let the nose rise to close that gap a little, but I have not gone so far as modding those tabs myself.

We're also getting DX VF-1s, because we totally didn't get enough of those with the HMR line and Arcadia reissues. Hurray?

There's no new Macross series for Bandai to plunder, so we'll have to wait and see what Bandai will do next for the DX line (besides more VF-1s).

4 minutes ago, Rogueload said:

Anyone’s 31E ship from NY yet?  Mines been in Preparation in progress for a few days now.  

If it is anything to go off, my Metal Build Astraea Proto took 9 days from the Preparation email to the day it shipped last week for me.

Mykombini hasn't shipped out mine either

Edited by Saviant

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Well, that was one of my plans, once I shove a stampede armor on 1 of my 2 31Es.

Definitely needs a re-paint though.

Yeah i thk a recolor would bring it in nicely.

So you would be removing the top guns from the 31s armor and replacing it with the radome?

Interesting idea for a frankenstein vf-31A....

Edited by seti88

5 hours ago, Rogueload said:

Anyone’s 31E ship from NY yet?  Mines been in Preparation in progress for a few days now.  

Same.

2 hours ago, Rogueload said:

I just got an email back from NY that they haven’t received their stock.  I guess I just have to be patient. :unsure:

What the hell do they mean they haven't received their stock? How the hell can they be "preparing to ship" if there's nothing to ship? Those jackasses. I call BS on that anyway since everyone else has gotten their stock.

27 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Does anybody know the turnaround time roughly it takes HLJ to ship an item once you go ahead and tell them to ship from your Private Warehouse?

Usually a day or two for me, unless I made the mistake of requesting shipping right before a holiday. :unknw:

55 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Yeah i thk a recolor would bring it in nicely.

So you would be removing the top guns from the 31s armor and replacing it with the radome?

Interesting idea for a frankenstein vf-31A....

I'd be replacing the whole weapons pod, both the gun and drone charger.

Though I have a clip that lets the gun fix to the wing hardpoints.

To be fair, Nippon-Yasan is all they way over in Shikoku.  Assuming that Bandai's distribution is somewhere near Tokyo.  It will take at least an extra day for them to receive their stock.  Unless they fly it there or send it by bullet train.  They then probably ship oversea by way of Tokyo (extra back and forth).  It is probably why their shipping costs more than most.  Assuming that they don't just tack on extra for shipping just because.  :diablo:

24 minutes ago, DewPoint said:

To be fair, Nippon-Yasan is all they way over in Shikoku.  Assuming that Bandai's distribution is somewhere near Tokyo.  It will take at least an extra day for them to receive their stock.  Unless they fly it there or send it by bullet train.  They then probably ship oversea by way of Tokyo (extra back and forth).  It is probably why their shipping costs more than most.  Assuming that they don't just tack on extra for shipping just because.  :diablo:

Every other supplier got their stock ahead of time.

NY is just being cheap, and doesn't hire enough people to handle their shipping.

As long as NY doesn't pull another Kairos, it'll be fine....And to be fair, even after a 5 months wait (or was it 6 I forgot), most of us eventually received our Kairos. So for a standard release like this, there shouldn't be any issues (although, once again, they did leave the preorder window opened since it was announced.....:ph34r:)

Quick snaps out of the box.

So the gap on the back of front fuselage was nice and closed up... until I popped the crotch plate on the underside back into place, which caused the front to push forward slightly and widen the gap. Great tolerances from Bandai, as always.

Fighter

IMG_20190722_114544_01.jpg.469d8debc0115a9828f4437ab7975f00.jpg

With radome deployed.

IMG_20190722_120315_01.jpg.be92eb87809f6a4087dd45559c8d3c38.jpg

I don't remember Reina being that stacked.

IMG_20190722_115308_01.jpg.80689c0830cde4ea39a47376c5266e28.jpg