6 hours ago, seti88 said:

I wish bandai would release more 31A related merch, either another 31A or add-ons....walkure 31 valks are getting overexposed...

I bet you my collection of Valks (but not Max -1J ;p  ) they will......someday. 

Just now, no3Ljm said:

Bandai should also release a generic grey color of that Silpheed Armor. That's the only time I'll buy this armored pack again.

Also, where's VF-31A and VF-31S Super Parts, Bandai?

Where is the speaker pod add-on set for the Siegfried?

My only issue with the new blue armour is that means we could get a set for all the delta members and that includes Mirage. 

Welp, didn't know if they would so got the one for the 31S and will continue on the repainting plans.

Was wondering if this armor appears in the movie and I think not

So this release is because it will be in a new movie / anime or the sales of the armor of the 31s are not so good, so Bandai are trying to save the molds.

Edited by valhary

It would make sense for them to release more of these armors, just to make the most of the molds, but I don't expect them to do it unless we see all of Delta Flight getting them in a new movie or show of some sort.  Either way, I don't know if I would buy all of them.

I should actually dig out my Delta movie box, and compare that blue one with the art on it, and watch to see if Arad and Chuck were using identical packs in the actual animation.

1 hour ago, valhary said:

Was wondering if this armor appears in the movie and I think not

So this release is because it will be in a new movie / anime or the sales of the armor of the 31 are not so good, so Bandai are trying to save the molds.

There’s no official news whether this version is going to get released. For now, it’s being displayed in the exhibit. It’s also not featured in the last movie but who knows with the planned new movie that was announced few weeks ago. But it’s based on the blu-ray box artwork.

24 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

It would make sense for them to release more of these armors, just to make the most of the molds, but I don't expect them to do it unless we see all of Delta Flight getting them in a new movie or show of some sort.  Either way, I don't know if I would buy all of them.

I should actually dig out my Delta movie box, and compare that blue one with the art on it, and watch to see if Arad and Chuck were using identical packs in the actual animation.

At Y18000-19000+ per armor set, I don’t think I can complete the whole squadron with it. I’m just happy with the Super Parts. And Bandai needs to finish that Supers first before starting the Armors on the rest of the Siegfrieds.

And iirc, Arad’s and Chuck’s armors have different colors from the first movie. Chuck’s having more of an olive dab than orange.

Edited by no3Ljm

38 minutes ago, Foblander said:

The VF-31 DX toys are amazing. However, I really do wish there was a way to remove the entire backpack when in Battroid mode. That would make it more fun to hold in hand. 

Do you mean the missile pod? I think that comes right off; though I’ve not removed any of mine. 

5 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Hey everyone. Been a while since I followed this thread. I got curious to ask if NY or anyone is still drip-feeding their VF-31A Kairos orders, or if that's been over and done with for a while now?

I want to say that once they started selling them again (at around $1000), that was the end of their fulfillment duties, otherwise they would have been getting piles of nastygrams from people who never got their orders.

I'm actually waiting forward to Chuck's 31e pics at the last week of July/first week if August.

The Silpheed Armour is the next one that I'm kind of hesitant on. Looks outstanding in the photo shoots, however the real deal is to see if Arad's 31s can hold all that armour up without making a faceplant sans the stands. :huh:

3 hours ago, borgified said:

I'm actually waiting forward to Chuck's 31e pics at the last week of July/first week if August.

The Silpheed Armour is the next one that I'm kind of hesitant on. Looks outstanding in the photo shoots, however the real deal is to see if Arad's 31s can hold all that armour up without making a faceplant sans the stands. :huh:

Even though I'm really not a big fan of using stands in Battroid mode. I always use a stand with the ones that has the armor. (Looking at you, Armored Messiahs.) I'm also not going to take a risk of doing it with the Silpheed Armored Siegfrieds just for my peace of mind. ^_^

Unless I leave it with some cushion in front of it. :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, borgified said:

I'm kind of in a bind with the VF-31.

Of the schemes from the Delta squad, none really appealed to me. I'm a fan of the DYRL!Hikaru/Alto red, black, and white scheme. The protagonist's scheme is too blue, and I'm not a fan of the -1A-style head. Mirage's scheme is close, not as pink as it could have been, but ultimately too purple. Red like Millia I probably would have gone for. No thanks on the orange one. Squadron leader is flying an Angel Bird with a dragon tramp stamp - pass. Why couldn't they have just done a Siegfried with a YF-30 scheme? So I went with Messer. Seemed like the best option at the time. Black and white is 2/3 of my preference, at least.

Then the -31J Kai flits by and is super tempting, but I've already got my -31F, it's still too much blue and not enough red, and at a significant markup on top of that. I guess the only way to out-madness preorder madness is with event-exclusive lottery madness. There's also the Kairos, but I pass because it is like a YF-30, but a better toy, but with a more boring color scheme. I feel like I missed out on a super fun community bonding experience by not being a part of that dumpster fire of a pre-order, but I guess I will have to make do with merely normal pre-order madness.

Then the armor gets announced - except they're only making it for Arad. Except it's orange, which doesn't really go with any of them, including, ironically, the orange Valkyrie. Well, if it doesn't go with any of them, I might as well get it for my -31F.

There's this illustration on the Delta movie cover with all the Delta crew sporting super color-coordinated armor sets - except Arad, because his unfortunate color choice is an irrevocable part of canon now, apparently. But those nice looking schemes are a nice thing, and Bandai never, ever lets us have nice things that aren't officially canon and shown on screen. (After being so judicious and careful about which squadron members do and don't reaction missiles, what will they do if they're all shown with nukes, sans super parts, in the next movie? Re-release the entire line?) So, aside from the occasional temptation to pick up a -31S that goes with but doesn't go with the armor, I'm committed to my plan.

Except now there are pictures of this "Silpheed Armor" color-coordinated for Hayate's -31J. The white with a slight accent of blue looks really nice in a way the actual plane doesn't. It hasn't been seen in any movie or TV episode, but it's real, and there are pictures of it. What do I do now? Run out and get a -31J or a -31J Kai, hoping this isn't just a cruel tease? Hope that they work their way down the squadron until my -31F is blessed with a set?

The Delta line is frustrating. Delta as a show was frustrating. If it wasn't for the fact that the DX VF-31 is such a well-engineered toy, I'd probably have skipped it altogether.

Edited by MikeRoz

2 minutes ago, MikeRoz said:

I'm kind of in a bind with the VF-31.

Of the schemes from the Delta squad, none really appealed to me. I'm a fan of the DYRL!Hikaru/Alto red, black, and white scheme. The protagonist's scheme is too blue, and not a fan of the -1A-style head. Mirage's scheme is close, not as pink as it could have been, but ultimately too purple. Red like Millia I probably would have gone for. No thanks on the orange one. Squadron leader is flying an Angel Bird with a dragon tramp stamp - pass. Why couldn't they have just done a Siegfried with a YF-30 scheme? So I went with Messer. Seemed like the best option at the time. Black and white is 2/3 of my preference, at least.

Then the -31J Kai flits by and is super tempting, but I've already got my -31F, it's still too much blue and not enough red, and at a significant markup on top of that. I guess the only way to out-madness preorder madness is with event-exclusive lottery madness. There's also the Kairos, but I pass because it is like a YF-30, but a better toy, but with a more boring color scheme. I feel like I missed out on a super fun community bonding experience by not being a part of that dumpster fire of a pre-order, but I guess I will have to make do with merely normal pre-order madness.

Then the armor gets announced - except they're only making it for Arad. Except it's orange, which doesn't really go with any of them, including, ironically, the orange Valkyrie. Well, if it doesn't go with any of them, I might as well get it for my -31F.

There's this illustration on the Delta movie cover with all the Delta crew sporting super color-coordinated armor sets - except Arad, because his unfortunate color choice is an irrevocable part of canon now, apparently. But those nice looking schemes are a nice thing, and Bandai never, ever lets us have nice things that aren't officially canon and shown on screen. (After being so judicious and careful about which squadron members do and don't reaction missiles, what will they do if they're all shown with nukes, sans super parts, in the next movie? Re-release the entire line?) So, aside from the occasional temptation to pick up a -31S that goes with but doesn't go with the armor, I'm committed to my plan.

Except now there are pictures of this "Silpheed Armor" color-coordinated for Hayate's -31J. The white with a slight accent of blue looks really nice in a way the actual plane doesn't. It hasn't been seen in any movie or TV episode, but it's real, and there are pictures of it. What do I do now? Run out and get a -31J or a -31J Kai, hoping this isn't just a cruel tease? Hope that they work their way down the squadron until my -31F is blessed with a set?

The Delta line is frustrating. Delta as a show was frustrating. If it wasn't for the fact that the DX VF-31 is such a well-engineered toy, I'd probably have skipped it altogether.

Haha, either don’t worry about color coordination for military weapons or buy them all. Fortunately, I fall under the all of the above category so I have no worries. :lol:

fwiw, I agree with your overall choices. My favorite go to in order would be C, F, J Kai, S, J

out of the main hero Valks that have been released.