So while I understand the armour was designed for the 31S, does anyone think there will be an issue putting the armour on a 31C? The heads look similar enough to fit the head armour and I'm hoping I don't need to get a 31S for it.

36 minutes ago, Focslain said:

So while I understand the armour was designed for the 31S, does anyone think there will be an issue putting the armour on a 31C? The heads look similar enough to fit the head armour and I'm hoping I don't need to get a 31S for it.

Ought to work, and the only color-matched parts are the two shoulder armors. Everything else is just orange.

5 hours ago, Focslain said:

My messer 31F is sporting hayate's 31J fast packs. I hope that isn't an issue... :p

Only issue you would face is if you are stickler for the numbering tampo on the packs being different with the valk..

12 hours ago, Focslain said:

12 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Ought to work, and the only color-matched parts are the two shoulder armors. Everything else is just orange.

6 hours ago, seti88 said:

My messer 31F is sporting hayate's 31J fast packs. I hope that isn't an issue... :p

Only issue you would face is if you are stickler for the numbering tampo on the packs being different with the valk..

Or try putting on Arad's Silpheed armour on Chuck's 31e. B))

23 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I'm actually going to paint the orange to match the valk, citadel's screamer pink is a near dead on match to the purple.

18 hours ago, seti88 said:

That or toss a 20 at my resident uber-painter to repaint the numbers. Not sure if I'm willing to take the shot myself.

It was more an issue of it fitting the valk physically which from the sounds of it the answer is yes.

9 minutes ago, Focslain said:

I'm actually going to paint the orange to match the valk, citadel's screamer pink is a near dead on match to the purple.

You mean Mirage's valk is Magenta (not purple).

Seems like most of everyone get's the Best Girl's valk colours mis-interpreted (don't blame you)..

Here's the Citadel's colour for Screamer Pink.  

citadel-base-screamer-pink-1-460x460.jpg

15 minutes ago, Focslain said:

Thanks for the info, been planning to re-paint one of my Aoshima VFGs to be Mirage and her 31C.

9 minutes ago, borgified said:

You mean Mirage's valk is Magenta (not purple).

Seems like most of everyone get's the Best Girl's valk colours mis-interpreted (don't blame you)..

Here's the Citadel's colour for Screamer Pink.  

citadel-base-screamer-pink-1-460x460.jpg

Good to know. I’m counting on My 31C fitting those parts as well.

Hmmm... A prototype/resin of Hayate's Silpheed Armour. Needs more colours to brighten it up as it looks dull.

If one gets made for Mirage, I'll be getting one copy for sure and possibly one for Chuck.  ^_^

Bandai is attempting to milk armor parts? Anyone willing to get 5 different coloured armors if so? :shok: 

*I remember the BD delta cover with the multiple coloured armors but never tot bandai would go ahead..it would depend if everyone did collect all the 31 valks*

The blue seems a bit overwhelming to my taste tho ...would like to see more close ups and angles..

Edited by seti88

Courtesy of Dengeki Hobby Web. Google translation of the sign on the right side in the last image is that the armor is definitely for the 31J, but was made for the expo. I don't know if that means we'll never see it again. Bandai makes a habit of teasing us with Macross prototypes at trade shows and then never following through with production, so I'm not holding my breath. With that said, it's a lot easier for them to change the colors on an existing product (31S) and sell the heck out of it in their never-ending quest to separate us from our money.

image.thumb.png.2dce36388736fca87fe3582554ca342c.png

image.thumb.png.6dafb28b12528b3aeb883eff2732f5b2.png

image.thumb.png.28a4d9343cd4936a67cf77717852b470.png

image.png.37efca32ddd6f861b998fafd864a9bb3.png

image.png.2f732eb79418c3842d0df40d862a0f66.png

image.png.a5e33499e2cd831bc53fd96904f86701.png

Yeah, that blue is blinding in that quantity.  It also makes no sense to have that much of the orange parts, which didn't originally match anyone's color scheme, suddenly changed to the primary highlight of the valk they're on.  Arad's would just look bizarre as the only one in NERF-orange.

23 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Yeah, that blue is blinding in that quantity.  It also makes no sense to have that much of the orange parts, which didn't originally match anyone's color scheme, suddenly changed to the primary highlight of the valk they're on.  Arad's would just look bizarre as the only one in NERF-orange.

Well, you could buy enough NERF-orange packs for everyone, and buy the proper-color ones for the matching shoulder/chest armor?

6 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Well, you could buy enough NERF-orange packs for everyone, and buy the proper-color ones for the matching shoulder/chest armor?

You'd also need Bandai to include a sticker sheet for the numbers on the chest/ wing-shoulder packs and remove the tampo'd ones.

Edited by wmkjr

22 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

I wished this Armor parts wouldn't be TWE, I definitely would get one , the Arad one it really looks awesome!

Why do you say that? It would be nigh impossible to PO if it was not TWE. 

5 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Why do you say that? It would be nigh impossible to PO if it was not TWE. 

hmmm I really don't think so, lots of TWE it actually can sold out pretty quickly and also the quantities being made are very limited and top of that you need to deal with a proxy service in order to get one if you aren't from Japan of course, also even if you get a proxy service is not 100% guaranteed you will get the item if is a hot one.   Being a normal release would raises the chances to get one cause is open to the public , yes it can sold out pretty quickly but there are hell ton of sites that has the possibility to have the item for PO instead just a few sites that handles proxy services.     

2 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Yeah---make all the missile hatches a generic grey, and leave the OTHER colored bits as the "color-matching accent".   But having every single missile-hatch be color-coordinated to the pilot, is just overkill.  Even Max and Milia 1J's, who STARTED the color-coded-to-the-pilot thing, didn't go that overboard.  

6 hours ago, Alex GS said:

hmmm I really don't think so, lots of TWE it actually can sold out pretty quickly and also the quantities being made are very limited and top of that you need to deal with a proxy service in order to get one if you aren't from Japan of course, also even if you get a proxy service is not 100% guaranteed you will get the item if is a hot one.   Being a normal release would raises the chances to get one cause is open to the public , yes it can sold out pretty quickly but there are hell ton of sites that has the possibility to have the item for PO instead just a few sites that handles proxy services.     

I always thought the TWEs are made to order, meaning they make as much as how many were ordered, that said I did notice some TWEs selling out 1 sec after opening (freedom gundam soul blue)

Edited by Guyffon

On 6/1/2019 at 7:09 AM, Anasazi37 said:

Courtesy of Dengeki Hobby Web. Google translation of the sign on the right side in the last image is that the armor is definitely for the 31J, but was made for the expo. I don't know if that means we'll never see it again. Bandai makes a habit of teasing us with Macross prototypes at trade shows and then never following through with production, so I'm not holding my breath. With that said, it's a lot easier for them to change the colors on an existing product (31S) and sell the heck out of it in their never-ending quest to separate us from our money.

image.thumb.png.2dce36388736fca87fe3582554ca342c.png

image.thumb.png.6dafb28b12528b3aeb883eff2732f5b2.png

image.thumb.png.28a4d9343cd4936a67cf77717852b470.png

image.png.37efca32ddd6f861b998fafd864a9bb3.png

image.png.2f732eb79418c3842d0df40d862a0f66.png

image.png.a5e33499e2cd831bc53fd96904f86701.png

There is a big chance that this new VF-31J Armor pack is for the new movie “Macross Delta: Zettai Live!!!!!!”. This is my guess...

8 hours ago, sjoebarry said:

3E3132E1-A732-4793-A1DD-B903C0AE1DC8.png.c5fb2ea32d0a89c2c90981246040e760.png

Anyone else hoping Bandai releases a DX version of this VF-31D?

A NUNs version of the 31d? If they ever make a copy, I'll be getting one for sure. Looks like the colours similar to the VT-1 (maybe lighter/darker).

3 hours ago, borgified said:

A NUNs version of the 31d? If they ever make a copy, I'll be getting one for sure. Looks like the colours similar to the VT-1 (maybe lighter/darker).

Yes yes and more yes. All day long and tomorrow and the next day. (But not from Nippon Yasan! ;)