Yup. On the Chinese market, 31S's price starts steadily going up ever since the AP announcement. Now I've seen report of people can't even find a 31S seller as most of them started to hold off their stock for a huge price hike after the AP release date. Our valk now feels like bitcoin 2.0 or something.

Edited by ridgebacks

^feels? always has it been. I remember the brand new Armor packs sitting at 18,000 yen at mandarake site for weeks/months. Then Ozma reissue happened and suddenly, within hour of announcement, all Armored packs are swept from online store and sold for at least 30,000 yen.

I feel that people who missed arad will just go for other as seen by the slow but regular increase of price of 31J and 31F.

On 3/25/2019 at 6:58 PM, ErikElvis said:

Oh wow. So it was a very sudden substantial price jump. 

Yeah literally overnight. I was keeping tabs at manadarake on 3 of them all under 22000 yen. Even one at 20000. Was being cautious because i just bought a 31Kai, 31F hayate and a few other things. Was trying to space it out so i'm not spending so much money at once. The 31s was selling very slowly, didn't figure i had to rush into it. Then suddenly they were all sold, even the more expensive ones.

Panic set in and i started scouring other sites and finally eBay. Managed to find one on eBay for 325. I was annoyed i ended up paying more than i would've if i's jumped on the 20000 yen one. So after the seller said he shipped it, cancels the order and refunds my money. frakk. I knew exactly what was happening. Seller obviously canceled the order to relist it at a higher cost. 

Now i'm screwed because i though i had one i abandoned the search. Now the were definitely all gone. I just left shaking my head thinking to myself i should've got one when i had the chance. No chance of getting one now unless they reissue.

20 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Yeah literally overnight. I was keeping tabs at manadarake on 3 of them all under 22000 yen. Even one at 20000. Was being cautious because i just bought a 31Kai, 31F hayate and a few other things. Was trying to space it out so i'm not spending so much money at once. The 31s was selling very slowly, didn't figure i had to rush into it. Then suddenly they were all sold, even the more expensive ones.

Panic set in and i started scouring other sites and finally eBay. Managed to find one on eBay for 325. I was annoyed i ended up paying more than i would've if i's jumped on the 20000 yen one. So after the seller said he shipped it, cancels the order and refunds my money. frakk. I knew exactly what was happening. Seller obviously canceled the order to relist it at a higher cost. 

Now i'm screwed because i though i had one i abandoned the search. Now the were definitely all gone. I just left shaking my head thinking to myself i should've got one when i had the chance. No chance of getting one now unless they reissue.

@Sandman

What's the sellers name? Storesatisfactory? Mine was around the same price. The seller doesnt have stellar rep. Not awful but I read a few negatives and that what they had done. Refunded the money. Mine wasn't refunded. When I bought it, there was only 1 Arad under seller..2 days later...a relisted for 550 or something. See a tracking number from Japan Post, but number doesnt work..that was on the 22nd.

Screenshot_20190327-195025_eBay.jpg

Edited by Alphahorizon
Add picture

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

I think the VF-31S Armored Parts set caused the sudden jump in price of the associated valkyrie.

3 hours ago, Alphahorizon said:

@Sandman

What's the sellers name? Storesatisfactory? Mine was around the same price. The seller doesnt have stellar rep. Not awful but I read a few negatives and that what they had done. Refunded the money. Mine wasn't refunded. When I bought it, there was only 1 Arad under seller..2 days later...a relisted for 550 or something. See a tracking number from Japan Post, but number doesnt work..that was on the 22nd.

Screenshot_20190327-195025_eBay.jpg

Im pretty sure that's a BS tracking number.  look>>>> RB 2019( year) 03 (month) 24 (date) 1jp

5 hours ago, t040484 said:

LOL R-eturn B-uyer ?

Dude, did the seller just slap you in the face with tracking number?

Yep! The date used as a tracking number was the immediatere flag. But, I will still have to go through the motions for the claim. Sigh..

Edited by Alphahorizon
Adding more context to message

Well I shot them a direct message about the tracking number not working and being fake. They responded immediately claiming " Once it goes to customs it will show as tracking." And " Its not fake" , I let them know I will allow the proper amount of time to see and swallow my words and apologize if I am wrong.

I understand the price increase of Arad's ride in anticipation of the Armor Pack release. But a 200 percent price increase? Did Ozma's go up that much after his armor pack were announced?

6 hours ago, Alphahorizon said:

Well I shot them a direct message about the tracking number not working and being fake. They responded immediately claiming " Once it goes to customs it will show as tracking." And " Its not fake" , I let them know I will allow the proper amount of time to see and swallow my words and apologize if I am wrong.

I posted an item yesterday via ems and within an hour it was tracking, I put the code into aftership and it is not tracking so I would say you are being scammed.

6 hours ago, Saviant said:

I posted an item yesterday via ems and within an hour it was tracking, I put the code into aftership and it is not tracking so I would say you are being scammed.

I'm pretty sure you are correct. Now I just have to wait for the shipping timeline to file a claim with Ebay. Grrrr... that site has become a trash heap, riddled with scalpers. Not all I know but seemingly more and more.

6 hours ago, seti88 said:

WOW...31S buyout price at 70k.....https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/l514108456

and another at abt 80k yen!

Screw that!! I rather get a Chronos for that price and have some extra funds left over.

Edit: Or Arad's 31a for that matter.

Edited by borgified

18 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

What the hell is going on with Arad's VF 31s price ?:wacko: 

image.png.eb0dd3b8b691b9a6e4256be6532bd2e1.png

5 hours ago, gabuyan said:

No one bid for that though? And if you see any with just one bid it's likely a China reseller using a second account to fake interest. The VF-31s is still going on YJA for around 40k yen.

While the price of the 31S did go up over the last few months, I think @gabuyan is right about the current market prices of about 40k Yen for a MISB copy.  Ebay can't be trusted as an indicator of going market rate surely...

Weird that the 31S is going up, it seemed like a less popular model.  I know the Armor parts are driving up the price, but there isn't anything unique about the 31S body, right?  Theoretically, you could put the armor on any Siegfried VF-31?

I know it wouldn't really "match" the color scheme of the other valks, but it arguably doesn't even match Arad's valk :p.  A little odd that people are paying more for it now, when we knew the armor was coming, and you don't need the 31S specifically to use it.

1 hour ago, HardlyNever said:

Weird that the 31S is going up, it seemed like a less popular model.  I know the Armor parts are driving up the price, but there isn't anything unique about the 31S body, right?  Theoretically, you could put the armor on any Siegfried VF-31?

I know it wouldn't really "match" the color scheme of the other valks, but it arguably doesn't even match Arad's valk :p.  A little odd that people are paying more for it now, when we knew the armor was coming, and you don't need the 31S specifically to use it.

the chest part of the armor has a tiny dragon/dagger insignia to go with Arad's 31S... but except for that I agree nothing makes it "31S specific", not even the bright orange color scheme...

The only other reason I can think of is that it comes with a pair of reaction missiles (the only other set that included these were the 31J and 31C super parts, iirc).

9 minutes ago, Wally said:

Are these folks hedging their bets that Arad’s armor parts set will be the ONLY VF-31 armor parts that bandai will release? Do they know something we don’t?

Maybe there's something special about a leader valk with full armour, a trend started by Ozma's 25S...

26 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

the chest part of the armor has a tiny dragon/dagger insignia to go with Arad's 31S... but except for that I agree nothing makes it "31S specific", not even the bright orange color scheme...

The only other reason I can think of is that it comes with a pair of reaction missiles (the only other set that included these were the 31J and 31C super parts, iirc).

The reaction missiles with the 31S plane itself won't cause such a stir otherwise why wait until the armor parts are out?

Edited by gabuyan

Gotta see it from a collectors perspective....

The vf-31s and armors are special when you have hikaru’s vf-1 gbp, fockers vf-0 reactive armor, ozma’s vf-25 armored and arad’s 31s armored all lined up as a single display.

All armored versions from the macross series which you love so much and reflects exactly as what appeared in the animation.

As for me I just don’t have the space nor the budget, so that’s that at the moment but I can certainly see why the 31s has to go with the armor packs....and not simply with any other 31 valk, from a collectors point of view ...

1 hour ago, rdrunner said:

The armor set has specific shoulder colors.

1 hour ago, gabuyan said:

The reaction missiles with the 31S plane itself won't cause such a stir otherwise why wait until the armor parts are out?

Thanks I think you're right.  Personally I am relieved that I ordered an unopened copy from Manda for 23k in October, days after the armour was announced.

1 minute ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

The armor set has specific shoulder colors.

Thanks for pointing that out.  I am planning to use my armour set with the 31S.

14 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I figure it's mostly just scalpers trying to cash in on the uptick in demand.

Yeah.

I reckon it's most likely the same lot that were recently going on direct flights to japan to buy and clean out the MB EVA-01 stocks from the japan-shops.

Or at least, the japan shops and sellers themselves anticipating and expecting these "buyers" coming in to hoover up  japan's inventory.

Ain't capitalism grand?