Mykombini only ask for 50% upfront for TWE. Had my MB Gernsback and Gunbarrel strike from them, and also POed MB Astraea Proto, and only paid 50% upfront. Only problem is since they usually post their items late, it's somewhat uncertain if they'll offer a PO for the item or not.  For example I think they didn't offer  PO for MB Crossbone, and Chogokin VF-1 if I remember correctly

Edited by pafy6285

I am not holding my breath but it would be awesome if hasegawa came up with this armor as they did with Frontier..

Yes, although I don't collect toys anymore, I would love to see this armor set released by Bandai for their 1/72 VF-31 model kits.  Maybe there's a pattern, they release the toy first and follow with the model.  ;)

Well, I bit the bullet and put my first ever order in with NY. Hopefully there's no issues this time around.

BTW, does anyone know whether NY can amend delivery addresses on orders once they're placed? Getting it sent to my parents just in case, but if I've moved house by then would prefer to receive it directly.

I've been hoping CDJ would list this bad boy... they listed the last few TWE but in pretty limited quantities. 

I wanted to place an order for the armor parts at CDJ as well.  I have a ton of points to use but I don't see it listed yet; I doubt they will carry these :(

I placed an order via proxy and had to pay for the items up front, but the fees and shipping are charged when they actually ship.  Not as good as pay later but a little something at least :)

I am not holding my breath but it would be awesome if hasegawa came up with this armor as they did with Frontier..

Bandai did do a separate super pack set for the 31J in the 1/72 scale. Little bit a repainting and it could work for any of the others. I saw it still available on HLJ. So they could do a kit for the armour as well.

Well, I bit the bullet and put my first ever order in with NY. Hopefully there's no issues this time around.

BTW, does anyone know whether NY can amend delivery addresses on orders once they're placed? Getting it sent to my parents just in case, but if I've moved house by then would prefer to receive it directly.

I recently requested some address changes with NY and it was very simple. They already delivered one of the items to the changed address so I know it worked, plus I can see the new address on the order details pages. 

As for any issues, it seems pretty irrational for anyone to worry about it too much considering there was only an issue one time out of thousands and that one time, they still delivered but just took a lot longer than normal. 

I recently requested some address changes with NY and it was very simple. They already delivered one of the items to the changed address so I know it worked, plus I can see the new address on the order details pages. 

As for any issues, it seems pretty irrational for anyone to worry about it too much considering there was only an issue one time out of thousands and that one time, they still delivered but just took a lot longer than normal. 

Cool, thanks for that! Yeah I agree, I think the reaction to the 31A issues was exaggerated, but it's easy to say that when my CDJ order was unaffected. Just feeling a teensy bit edgy since I've never ordered with NY before.

Cool, thanks for that! Yeah I agree, I think the reaction to the 31A issues was exaggerated, but it's easy to say that when my CDJ order was unaffected. Just feeling a teensy bit edgy since I've never ordered with NY before.

No problem. And yeah, I’m not worried about it and I haven’t placed my order yet but I order mostly through NY and as long as you can get your order placed and confirmed, they are great. The new issue they have for preorder madness on the other hand is beyond despicable but that has nothing to do with this item, thankfully.  

Yes, although I don't collect toys anymore, I would love to see this armor set released by Bandai for their 1/72 VF-31 model kits.  Maybe there's a pattern, they release the toy first and follow with the model.  ;)

The pattern is basically the other way around - if the model kit doesn't come out first, it doesn't come out period. As far as I can tell, not a single one of the DX toys has been released before the model kit of the same subject. 

Also, unlike the DX toy line, where releases are always on the one to two per year schedule, the model kit lineup tends to release with much shorter intervals so long as Bandai remain interested. As soon as they stop announcing new kits, the line is pretty much dead until there's new animated material to make kits from.

This is what Zenmarket.jp charges me:

gr5mXkJ.png

Final shipping from Japan will be calculated when it arrives. 

Order limit at Tamashii shop is 4 units per account, so that's probably why CDjapan don't even bother.  They don't want to pull multiple account/address tricks unlike NY.  NY specialize with these limited item, list them at attractive price and profit from their higher shipping cost.

I've been hoping CDJ would list this bad boy... they listed the last few TWE but in pretty limited quantities. 

Which twe’s have they posted recently?  I e-mailed them and they said they don’t do TWE anymore.

Edited by Mommar

Does anyone know until when the preorders for the VF-31 armor parts will stay open? Is it likely it will stay available past 4/12? Thanks.

I'm not exactly sure, but also on the page it does state that they reserve the right to stop taking orders once they feel they've filled enough orders.

Mykombini and Nin-Nin both pulled that crap.

Though nothing close to 110,000 yen.

Well, NY was fulfilling orders (Are there still any outstanding orders?) all year through before pulling their crap.

Edited by eXis10z

Well, NY was fulfilling orders (Are there still any outstanding orders?) all year through before pulling their crap.

Eh, anyone who pays twice market to NY instead of looking around and buying cheaper elsewhere should know better.

They've always charged over-market for already released stuff that's popular.

I'm only shopping for Macross goods with them but they had the DX missile sets. 

Yeah, but the missiles were originally listed back at the end of 2018.  They don't seem to be posting anything TWE related in 2019 and I asked CDJ via e-mail and they've confirmed that. 

Big In Japan seems to have the best price because they are assuming the shipped package will be <=2000g. 

They normally give good shipping quotes.  Besides ,this full armor should not weight more than a metal build or dx chogokin valk and normally both of those ,   Each can ship under sal small packet/ <=2000g.

Edited by F360

@Sanity is Optional - I think your original thought of using this Armour for Chuck's 31e (upon release) would look better. Have not ordered the Silpheed Armoured pack yet or should wait till the official release date (August) then nab it at a slight mark up..

There's just the issue of the chest tampo, and the shoulder striping that matches Arad's scheme.