From what I read, orders are done on a first pay, first served bases. If they can't fill the order they refund 100% of the purchase. You do pay up front. Since it said a full refund, not store credit that's why I pulled the trigger.

I see, thanks for explaning, that's very good to know.  Cheers.

So NY has gone completely off the frakking deep end with their shipping now.  They're claiming shipping the Armor via the cheaper UPS method is now 31896 yen!!!  The Valk and shipping is over $400 now???  I guess we know how they're paying for those extra 31A's.

Edited by Mommar

Placed an order with NY. It's been ages since I've ordered from them so I hope we don't have the same issues as the Kairos preorders.

I'm really hoping to see these armor parts on CDJ though. I want a 2nd set for my other Arad. I'm a little worried we won't see it on CDJ. They have yet to put up the SH Figuarts Balrog/Vega I was looking for so that may be a bad sign (or maybe I missed it).

Edited by xrentonx

Placed an order with NY. It's been ages since I've ordered from them so I hope we don't have the same issues as the Kairos preorders.

I'm really hoping to see these armor parts on CDJ though. I want a 2nd set for my other Arad. I'm a little worried we won't see it on CDJ. They have yet to put up the SH Figuarts Balrog/Vega I was looking for so that may be a bad sign (or maybe I missed it).

Damn it, you’re right.  CDJ doesn’t appear to have Web Exclusive items available anymore.  That’s a huge hit to me personally.

So, just a FYI to people, you can order this (and all P-Bandai items) through YJA/Rakuten Proxies like FromJapan and ZenMarket as well. Not Buyee though, they don't allow pre-ordering P-Bandai stuff.

This is direct from P-Bandai (rather than a YJA or other proxy seller), they have a shopping service where you just tell them the store item URL, name, quantity, etc... and they will order and ship to you.

I put in my order for 3 through FromJapan yesterday, $465 up front, and another 900yen+shipping (domestic and international) once it arrives.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

From Japan marks up shipping also and I feel like they double dip me in taxes.

I have not noticed any shipping markups, personally. I have noticed a few YJA auctions had ridiculous domestic shipping fees, but I don't blame FJ for that.

Most SAL is around the 1500yen baseline for registered packages.
Not sure what you're referring to in taxes, since they only charge tax on store-bought items (including auctions by stores)

Damn it, you’re right.  CDJ doesn’t appear to have Web Exclusive items available anymore.  That’s a huge hit to me personally.

Aw damnit. That changes my plans I guess :/ Better deal with this tonight instead of sleeping on it. How am I ever going to spend these points now? I'd never risk using them on a PO night :rolleyes:

So NY has gone completely off the frakking deep end with their shipping now.  They're claiming shipping the Armor via the cheaper UPS method is now 31896 yen!!!  The Valk and shipping is over $400 now???  I guess we know how they're paying for those extra 31A's.

What?

I just placed an order a few hours earlier for the armour and EMS shipping for a total of 22880 yen (shipping to East Coast US).  Are we saying they have jacked up the overall shipped price to over $400 now?  Sorry I'm a bit confused, and worried at the same time that they might ask me for extra shipping AFTER I had paid for my order.  It's not like they haven't tried that before...

He's using UPS, not EMS. NY charges a FRAKLOAD for UPS.

Thanks Sanity, I thought the most expensive shipping option for me was like 6-7000 yen but I can't remember.  I thought 5200 Yen EMS to me is a good balance of speed/cost, so I just took that.

Same. I like the fact that they give you 80 or 90 days before finalizing a charge. No up front payments like other places if you use a CC.

Edited by xrentonx

Do we know the actual release date for this?  I want to preoorder, but NY + TWE makes me nervous.  I'm trying to hold out for an AmiAmi or Amazon posting.

TWE are not available via AmiAmi or Amazon. 

Same. I like the fact that they give you 80 or 90 days before finalizing a charge. No up front payments like other places if you use a CC.

I e-mailed them to ask if it's true.  I've begged them to ship other items besides books and media via FedEx and they've never gone for it.  I'm sure if I beg for TWE items again that will go over well again too.

$200 for armor, jeez wasn't the armor parts for the VF-25 only ~$100ish?  

Back in 2011, the DX VF-25 Renewal just costs Y15120. But it's already 2019. DX VF-31 is already at Y23760. Almost double the price.

It is what it is.

And they've ratcheted it up even higher now.  The cheaper option is roughly $100 for shipping and the more expensive is $300 now.

hi Mommar, I guess I'm just curious but would you mind sharing where are you shipping to with the $100-$300 shipping rates?

As always, I did some coloring studies since I can't wait for @Saburo's. ^_^

RED

1000133032_5_recolor1.jpg.6b0cff50d1dfb7b2f36de75e47ab9cc4.jpg

1000133032_6_recolor1.jpg.b4dc2bd7bef2c779a20fa774ac28ab7f.jpg

1000133032_3_recolor1.jpg.e4b4dc2518f14303f469fd994c439923.jpg

TEAL

1000133032_5_recolor2.jpg.a0620842984c14ed2a59cc6f635f01b0.jpg

1000133032_6_recolor2.jpg.bf603b318e2d054e370d892d0f1458d9.jpg

1000133032_3_recolor2.jpg.dcf6253e101cc8c8cfc21afae0f3c7a2.jpg

As much I'm more of a Hikaru Red Scheme color guy, I find the red recolor above too red, so I played with the idea on mixing 31S colors and see how it looks. 

1000133032_3_recolor3.jpg.52370d3792d683628124ed14ce9e2281.jpg

Lovely. :wub: 

Does the upvote button still work?  Here, have a manual upvote from me.  LOL.

Not sure how the upvote works, but I know you can still click the 'heart' icon.

hi Mommar, I guess I'm just curious but would you mind sharing where are you shipping to with the $100-$300 shipping rates?

He's also US based.

ups_ems_dx-vf31-armored.jpg.b2232dcffb255730ce41a00a40f46be8.jpg

As always, I did some coloring studies since I can't wait for @Saburo's. ^_^

RED

1000133032_5_recolor1.jpg.6b0cff50d1dfb7b2f36de75e47ab9cc4.jpg

1000133032_6_recolor1.jpg.b4dc2bd7bef2c779a20fa774ac28ab7f.jpg

1000133032_3_recolor1.jpg.e4b4dc2518f14303f469fd994c439923.jpg

TEAL

1000133032_5_recolor2.jpg.a0620842984c14ed2a59cc6f635f01b0.jpg

1000133032_6_recolor2.jpg.bf603b318e2d054e370d892d0f1458d9.jpg

1000133032_3_recolor2.jpg.dcf6253e101cc8c8cfc21afae0f3c7a2.jpg

As much I'm more of a Hikaru Red Scheme color guy, I find the red recolor above too red, so I played with the idea on mixing 31S colors and see how it looks. 

1000133032_3_recolor3.jpg.52370d3792d683628124ed14ce9e2281.jpg

Lovely. :wub: 

The mixed colour scheme does look lovely indeed.  Goes really well with the 31S paint scheme without being too bright.

Not sure how the upvote works, but I know you can still click the 'heart' icon.

He's also US based.

ups_ems_dx-vf31-armored.jpg.b2232dcffb255730ce41a00a40f46be8.jpg

Thanks - now that you show me the screen I guess I probably did have those two options at the time, which my mind simply decided to auto-filter out...

But I can understand the attraction in the UPS option with the quality of service and speed of delivery for people who really want theirs as quickly as possible, probably for review purposes as well.

Still not convinced by this set, the armor looks like one of those over the top Gunpla customs, you know...people who love sticking 50 thousand guns and random parts to a mecha. (No disrespect, if that's your trip more power to you...and your Mecha of course.)

Been thinking wether I should get it since this morning, but aside from 'peer pressure', I can't find a lot of appeal about this set <_<. The colors scheme sucks,it truly looks plasticky and behind all the 'mess/bit' it's kinda bland. They haven't even painted the insides of any of the missile bay doors, with the lightning used to take the pics, they look transparent. I mean sure I could paint and detail it up....

Also, I can't seem to find a single mode that looks 'wow'. All my Deltas are in Fighter mode (my favourite mode in general ). And aside from the tip of the cockpit you don't even see the fighter. Not to mention the weight of those things on the wings etc...if it's like the old Frontier Armored Messiah (funny how they share a lot of similar bits) where nothing really held on together properly. Probably my least favorite Frontier Armor.

Really not sure about it...Price with EMS shipping is a bit steep too. 

Anyone else giving it a miss? Or am I the only one finding it 'meh'??

I'm still up in the air on whether or not I'm going to buy it. For me though it's more of a financial issue. At least for the time being I think it looks cool enough for sure but I don't know if it justifies the price

Anyone else giving it a miss? Or am I the only one finding it 'meh'??

I pass on it, too. To me it's a bit over the top. My favorite weapons/armor pack is still the Tornado pack on the VF-25. Two big guns and rockets but still a sleek silhouette.

Edited by CrossAir

@Kinzoku VF - As I do like the "Silpheed Armour" option, I'm calling it off for now, however time will tell as the official day gets closer and them I'll decide (possibly for Chuck's 31e as there is a possibility due to the first movie. Maybe for Mirage if and when Bandai decides to).

@Alphahorizon -  I'm also in the same boat as you are as I'm working towards a certificate in Property Management and I've got pre-orders to pay off (IE: HMR VF-1d and Arcadia's PE VE-1) before I even think about getting the "Silpheed Armour".