2 minutes ago, wm cheng said:

So this armor pack is TWE?  That means the order window would be open longer right?  But wasn't the VF-31A also TWE and we all know the craziness of not ordering right away when it opened.

Yes, Mr. Cheng. It’s TWE release. ;)

14 hours ago, Saburo said:

I learned from the best. :good:

Playing around with the VF-31F and the Lill Draken adapters. :D

47243199102_34a4ade147_h.jpg

I think this should be designated the VF-31FU.  For giving cap ships the FU!

Now I need to find another set of reaction missiles to do this with mine :)

1 hour ago, wm cheng said:

LOL - yeah you're right that it would serve me right to tempt the fates.  I'm going on Vacation next week and it would be my luck for them to PO on my week off with unreliable internet - plus my family would kill me if I'm online.

So this armor pack is TWE?  That means the order window would be open longer right?  But wasn't the VF-31A also TWE and we all know the craziness of not ordering right away when it opened.

Well, not really.  Nobody who pre-ordered at the other normal places had an issue.  The 31A at NY is a unique situation and exceptions don't make rules.

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

I'm not trusting the "order window" with NY ever again.  I've got the funds set aside to grab any TWE items on day 1.

I'm hoping to get two sets, but I'm planning on getting the second one from another store, hopefully CD Japan.  Not putting all my eggs in a single basket any more.

I'm mad at NY for pushing people toward my designated basket....

25 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Well, not really.  Nobody who pre-ordered at the other normal places had an issue.  The 31A at NY is a unique situation and exceptions don't make rules.

Uh, a bunch of the proxy sellers had issues, even my ebay seller didn't manage to get stock for several months.

NY was not alone in that, they just happened to have really bad communication while still keeping the orders open. Most other places communicated better or cancelled the orders.

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Uh, a bunch of the proxy sellers had issues, even my ebay seller didn't manage to get stock for several months.

NY was not alone in that, they just happened to have really bad communication while still keeping the orders open. Most other places communicated better or cancelled the orders.

Lots of sellers are proxies, Not all of them are normal shops though.  Regardless even if all of them had problems with that one release the exception still does not make the rule.

1 minute ago, Mommar said:

Lots of sellers are proxies, Not all of them are normal shops though.  Regardless even if all of them had problems with that one release the exception still does not make the rule.

You can only get TWE items through proxies, or normal shops acting as proxies.

NY was not the worst of those "normal shops", that would be My Konbini that cancelled pre-orders and then re-listed the 31a at a higher price.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

21 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

True, that there is no PO mad rush. But it does matter because it’s TWE. And what does TWE means? It’s abbreviation for ‘Pay Upfront’. That’s instant Y17000+. Shipping cost not included yet.

Well pay upfront or later, you'll still need to pay. And being TWE with a longer open window means you can choose when to pay within that window. Sounds more flexible to me. :unknw:

21 hours ago, Alex GS said:

So true @no3Ljm , not sure why some would get excited to see a figure go TWE not only you need to pay upfront but also a Markup  price as well plus the proxy expenses, so unless you live in Japan so then it would be awesome.

Well, PO madness or TWE and pay upfront without PO madness. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

21 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Probably because it means no pre-order madness. Aside from the 31a fiasco, you might pay more but at least you'll get what you're looking for.

12 hours ago, Mommar said:

Some people find lack of stress and the ability to sleep through the night preferable to saving $20 or $30.

Exactly.

Edited by eXis10z

8 hours ago, wm cheng said:

LOL - yeah you're right that it would serve me right to tempt the fates.  I'm going on Vacation next week and it would be my luck for them to PO on my week off with unreliable internet - plus my family would kill me if I'm online.

Unless proven otherwise I'll say Kairos was an exception.

You can only get TWE items through proxies, or normal shops acting as proxies.

NY was not the worst of those "normal shops", that would be My Konbini that cancelled pre-orders and then re-listed the 31a at a higher price.

You can nitpick those details all you like, the bigger picture is that this was a one time thing.  It was an exception.  It's not yet the rule.  We can't start panicking because we all had bad luck one solitary time.

Well pay upfront or later, you'll still need to pay. And being TWE with a longer open window means you can choose when to pay within that window. Sounds more flexible to me. :unknw:

Well, PO madness or TWE and pay upfront without PO madness. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Exactly.

We understand that. Yes, they’re all the same whether it’s PO madness that needs to be paid later or TWE that needs to pay upfront. They’re all need to be paid.

But you also need to consider that some members here, me included, sometimes wants to control the budget with those instant purchases — basically, the TWE items. So if that Armored Pack will be available for PO in the next couple of days, then yes, some of us will worry because we’re still paying previous bill and we’re paying new stuff again. So you can’t blame if anyone wants this PO to happen later on and not next week or so. :rolleyes:

Damm i made my mind up abt not getting the armor.....but then i cant help thinking abt separating the gatling guns of the armor and mounting it on other 31 valks...

plus, since the gatlings are mounted to the arms, to what seems to be the same hardpoint as the forearm missiles, could the gatlings be mounted on the wingtips ala lil drakens?!

the final question...would gatlings hanging off the wings look nice or goofy?!

Edited by seti88

Damm i made my mind up abt not getting the armor.....but then i cant help thinking abt separating the gatling guns of the armor and mounting it on other 31 valks...

plus, since the gatlings are mounted to the arms, to what seems to be the same hardpoint as the forearm missiles, could the gatlings be mounted on the wingtips ala lil drakens?!

the final question...would gatlings hanging off the wings look nice or goofy?!

To answer your question, Seti, you have to get a set when it’s available to order. :rolleyes: You know, just to see it in person. :spiteful:

Hahaha don’t I know it Noel! I blame it on looking at all the customs of the 31 on twitter...

I guess I need to make up my mind soon. I still think this set is way too big for me to display...

True. It's also why I try not to browse lots of site lately. :rolleyes: 

I'm now having second thoughts if I should join tonight's GFFMC RX-78-02 The Origin preorder. Need to control the urge and spending. :unsure: Besides, I really wanted to have a Metal Build-esque 1/100 scaled RX-78-2 in my collection. But to be honest, I really don't dig the current Origin redesign. I'm more leaning towards the design of MG ver.One Year War or the latest MG ver.3.0.

True. It's also why I try not to browse lots of site lately. :rolleyes: 

I'm now having second thoughts if I should join tonight's GFFMC RX-78-02 The Origin preorder. Need to control the urge and spending. :unsure: Besides, I really wanted to have a Metal Build-esque 1/100 scaled RX-78-2 in my collection. But to be honest, I really don't dig the current Origin redesign. I'm more leaning towards the design of MG ver.One Year War or the latest MG ver.3.0.

You should totally get it.

The Master Grade kits? Why not, it's much cheaper. :rolleyes:

Kidding aside, we will see tonight. So convince me more. ;)

This is exactly the line I was thinking I need a wallet gif for that I just mentioned in the other thread, lol. I don't really collect MB either but it's RX-71-2 AND MS-06 Zaku II!!! They must be bought!

This is exactly the line I was thinking I need a wallet gif for that I just mentioned in the other thread, lol. I don't really collect MB either but it's RX-71-2 AND MS-06 Zaku II!!! They must be bought!

There's no such thing as RX-71-2. :p

Here's the thing. Tonight's the PO madness for those two. If I ever try to make a GIF for tonight, I might miss the PO. :aggressive:

:lol: 

Would be nice to share that Facebook link. ;)

It wasn't a link to any official site, just a post. That's why I mentioned I can't confirm the accuracy of the report. I figured one of you all would have better sources to check. If I see something official, I'll let you know.