14 minutes ago, yman1437 said:

Oh no....my only po that "went thru":mellow::wacko::(

Email from hlj, do you usually get any discount code for this?

Unfortunately, due to a server slow-down caused by extremely heavy, concentrated traffic on our site, we received more orders for the limited BANS55652 DX Chogokin VF-31E Siegfried (Chuck Mustang Use) than we will be able to fulfill, despite having set limits on the number of total orders, and number of pieces individual customers were permitted to request.

Bandai is intentionally limiting supply of this item. We have tried to provide this item to as many individual customers as possible, but unfortunately have determined it will not be possible to acquire any more than the already small amount of stock we will receive, so regretfully have now cancelled all orders not possible to fulfill, including yours. We hope this notification allows you time to seek the item elsewhere.

It happened before with MB Ailestrike. They sent codes for each cancelled PO. I am not sure if they will do it again.

Wow, my sympathies to all whose orders got cancelled by HLJ. I experienced this before during the pre-order madness for the re-issue of the Renewal VF-25S Ozma Lee Custom.

I know some of you don't really sit in well with NY, but they do have the VF-31E Chuck Mustang Custom still available for pre-order for a minimum mark up, although you do have to pay upfront:

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/27357-macross-delta-dx-chogokin-vf-31e-siegfried-chuck-mustang-custom.html

If HLJ's response is anything to go by, it seems that Bandai is indeed making this a limited production run, so it may be a good idea to pre-order one now.

3 hours ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

Just fyi... I just double checked my hlj order number for chuck's vf-31e and I'm guessing any number after mine will probably get chopped from the list: 

Let's not try to start an hlj witch hunt lol.

I guess I really shouldn't have tried changing my PayPal agreement payment type with them that night, it caused a delay with completing my order.... lol.

I’m afraid not, my order number was 13901050. So either you’re not safe yet, or they’re picking orders at random. 

*Sigh*.... another "Kairos-like" fiasco in the making? Not to mention NY still has it for sale (it's now the 3rd time they've listed it, 1st was preorder day, then listed with a markup (close to rrp, no craziness yet), it sold out, and they relisted again. How can they can keep relisting it endlessly when HLJ is cancelling orders and it's sold out everywhere? (Could you order multiples with HLJ? Maybe that would explain it.. too many people ordering 3 or more at a time to get spare radome parts? NY was limited to 1 per account. I ended up paying for one upfront full price (as they cancelled my preorder, with their f'ing site crashing for minutes at a time...).I don't get how they still take payments for it? Can they even guarantee they'll even have the stocks? (not that they give a flying Fk).This is going to be fun.... :fool:

8 minutes ago, CrossAir said:

Is this developing to a desaster like the NY VF-31A issue?

Well the difference b/w the ny vf-31a issue was that ny already collected, held payment without disclosing the fact bandai had limited production and not cancelling & refunding orders.  In this case hlj is just cancelling ahead from the given notice of bandai (not having charged anyone yet).

NY themselves in this case are a different story altogether.  For this one I wouldn't leave my $ with NY. Having to retrieve my $ from NY with the vf-31a fiasco was a pain enough that time. 

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

Yup cancelled as well... this never happend to me before HLJ moved to this new crap site.

i managed to secure one at Amazon Japan so i still have it secured I will just be paying more for it :angry: same price as NY so ill only pay a little  more for the forwarding fees. I’d rather pay that than their “preparation” deal for a week.

Edited by anubis20

12 minutes ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

Well the difference b/w the ny vf-31a issue was that ny already collected, held payment without disclosing the fact bandai had limited production and not cancelling & refunding orders.  In this case hlj is just cancelling ahead from the given notice of bandai (not having charged anyone yet).

This considered, I guess even pre-ordering from NY now may also not be a wise decision. Pre-order at your own risk then.

5 hours ago, yman1437 said:

Oh no....my only po that "went thru":mellow::wacko::(

Email from hlj, do you usually get any discount code for this?

Unfortunately, due to a server slow-down caused by extremely heavy, concentrated traffic on our site, we received more orders for the limited BANS55652 DX Chogokin VF-31E Siegfried (Chuck Mustang Use) than we will be able to fulfill, despite having set limits on the number of total orders, and number of pieces individual customers were permitted to request.

Bandai is intentionally limiting supply of this item. We have tried to provide this item to as many individual customers as possible, but unfortunately have determined it will not be possible to acquire any more than the already small amount of stock we will receive, so regretfully have now cancelled all orders not possible to fulfill, including yours. We hope this notification allows you time to seek the item elsewhere.

4 hours ago, brouken said:

Wow, my sympathies to all whose orders got cancelled by HLJ. I experienced this before during the pre-order madness for the re-issue of the Renewal VF-25S Ozma Lee Custom.

I know some of you don't really sit in well with NY, but they do have the VF-31E Chuck Mustang Custom still available for pre-order for a minimum mark up, although you do have to pay upfront:

If HLJ's response is anything to go by, it seems that Bandai is indeed making this a limited production run, so it may be a good idea to pre-order one now.

3 hours ago, chyll2 said:

What the **** Bandai? Why are you limiting again the stocks for your toys. Are you really happy for toy hoarder to make profit and actual toy collector spend extras?

lol!

They've done this before with the Frontier-v2 DX-valks and some of the Metal Build Gundams. 

So, yeah. Seems Bandai's up to their tricks again of artificially limiting supply again to try to drive up perception of the item's value. 

Wonder why. 

Could it be that the Delta DX-valks are just slow-sellers and not profitable to them to meet their whatever projections,.

Or they're just being dicks about it?

Either way, this will only help the scalpers,

Way to go, Bandai!

:5:

I dont buy this “Bandai is intentionally limiting supplies” deal. They are the only ones cancelling orders. AE and CDJ dont do this and they seem to be smaller operations. Amazon Japan and Amiami arent cancelling any orders. Its their screw up and theyre trying to blame Bandai.

21 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

I got a feeling come release day, there will be plenty to go around

I've got the opposite feeling. I think this is going to be another VF-31A fiasco. Those who managed to get one without their orders being canceled will have to wait a very long time for their orders to process and are sitting on a gold mine while the rest of us will have to pay dearly for it. 

53 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

I dont buy this “Bandai is intentionally limiting supplies” deal. They are the only ones cancelling orders. AE and CDJ dont do this and they seem to be smaller operations. Amazon Japan and Amiami arent cancelling any orders. Its their screw up and theyre trying to blame Bandai.

I feel the same way , also it’s not like the people that’s getting cancelled ordered late in the preorder stage or a system error reopening.  This is Hlj’s fault ,one way or another.

Yeah, Bandai doesn’t care about what happens after retail and in most cases, they only need to worry about filling their orders with retailers so they are not trying to artificially inflate prices. They just supply based on retail shop orders, their own assessment of demand and how much they are willing to take away from other, more lucrative products. 

HLJ and most other websites selling these things just need to up their bandwidth and adjust their software to accommodate spikes for high demand items. AmiAmi seems to be trying something new but it still has bugs. 

Its easy to explain how NY is able to have it still in stock. They have a set amount to begin with but they predetermine how many they want to sell at what prices. Their model is to grab initial preorders by offering the lowest prices, then after a certain amount, they raise the price to make up for the earlier discount or stop orders until release and raise the price then. If an item is extremely hot, they can decide to raise the price even more accordingly. 

The ongoing VF-31A fiasco with N-Y doesn't quite give confidence to N-Y's "still in stock" VF-31E status...

edit:

N-Y has the 31E on "item not available" status now.

Now it's just a matter of if they can ship/deliver the 31E on schedule to their non-japan buyers, compared to their 31A...

Edited by treatment
updated

Something to consider for using N-Y.  They also work as a proxy store .  So it’s highly possible that those vf-31a preorders at 24000 yen that required upfront payment are proxy purchases. If they can source p-Bandai items then they can source standard release from other local site and stores that have it on preorder.  It will have similar earning for them if not more , even if N-y price it at msrp ,since those stores would most likely offer some kind of preorder discount too.

5 hours ago, Sildani said:

I’m afraid not, my order number was 13901050. So either you’re not safe yet, or they’re picking orders at random. 

So is Sildani the lowest cancelled order number so far?  Anybody else cancelled have a lower one?

I ended up ordering a couple at the marked up price at NY. I had a discount code so it was at MSRP which I’m okay with. 

Time will tell if they deliver. I suspect there will be some available at release.

The same thing happened with the 31C. Couldn’t get a pre-order to save my life but there were a ton available at release and even eBay (of all places) at a healthy discount. 

DX Chogokin VF-31E pre-order madness

AVAILABLE :

27,500 yen - R & J Company via AmazonJP  https://www.amazon.co.jp/マクロスデルタ-VF-31Eジークフリード-チャック・マスタング機-ダイキャスト製-塗装済み可動フィギュア/dp/B07N8DDPP2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1549475919&sr=8-1&keywords=vf-31e  (plus 2,001 yen shipping to United States)

30.500 yen - Proxy Service via CDJapan  http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEODAI-52077

QUESTIONABLE REPUTATION:

24,990 yen - MyKonbini  https://mykombini.com/en/july-2019/13682-dx-chogokin-vf-31e-siegfried-chuck-mustang-custom-macross-delta-bandai-spirits-4573102556523.html?search_query=macross&results=93

$191.38  price increased to $224.96  price increased to $248.45- Nin-Nin  https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/japanese-import-hobbies-toys-game-character/30406-macross-delta-vf-31e-siegfried-chuck-mustang-use-dx-chogokin--4573102556523.html

$299.99 - Loopaza  https://www.loopaza.com/dx-chogokin-macross-delta-vf-31e-siegfried-chuck-mustang-custom.html

SOLD OUT:

20,150 yen - Ami-Ami  https://www.amiami.com/eng/special/?page=FIGURE-045897

20,900 yen - Hobby Search  https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10589490

22,000 yen - Hobby Link Japan  https://hlj.com/dx-chogokin-vf-31e-siegfried-chuck-mustang-use-bans55652 (warning: some have reported getting cancel emails after placing orders)

22,000 yen - Anime Export  http://www.anime-export.com/product/42938

22,000 yen - CDJapan  http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOGDS-321622

18,400 yen price increased to 24,000 yen - Nippon-Yasan  https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/27357-macross-delta-dx-chogokin-vf-31e-siegfried-chuck-mustang-custom.html  (warning: some have reported getting cancel emails after placing orders)

$279.90 - Kurama Shop  http://www.bandaionline.com/dx-chogokin-vf-31e-siegfried-chuck-mustang-custom-macross-delta-action-figure/

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

Wow sucks that HLJ still hasn't got their act together. 

I received a similar email when they canceled my VF-31J preorder a couple years back.  After that I said F them, and now use them as a last resort.

I'm keep telling myself that the VF-31E will be my last Bandai DX Valk to try and get myself to stop, but I know its not going to work out lol.

I still want and need a DX YF-21, and a squad of DX VF-11's.