4 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Tks shizuka. Manage to nail one at NY at an inflated price of 24K. No luck with amiami and HLJ, as its tough to multitask POs with other tasks while at work and using a phone

1 minute ago, recon said:

Tks shizuka. Manage to nail one at NY at an inflated price of 24K. No luck with amiami and HLJ, as its tough to multitask POs with other tasks while at work and using a phone

At least you are not paying much more than the retail price of 23,760 yen.

I would have preferred to order at AE because they’ve been good to me with recent releases and they usually undervalue on their declaration where AmiAmi don’t. However, since I’m at work and couldn’t dedicate 100% attention to the process, I’m delighted I got through the checkout at AmiAmi without being cart-jacked. 

This is my first ever Valk bought from AmiAmi as it’s usually locked out so fast during the PO madness. Still borderline shocked over 1hour30mins later! 

5 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Anyone know how CD Japan's proxy services work?  They have that listed at about $15 higher than the normal price.  I'm tempted to put one in and see what happens.

I bought a proxy item before, they are similar to brokers of third party, they buy it from the third party, wait for it to be delivered to them, then send it to you. Using proxy has issues if you want the toy on release day as it usually is delayed, my wife had a bad experience with their proxy once as the item was somehow in limbo due to their shifting of warehouse last year, in the end they refunded her every cent and the order was cancelled

Be careful purchasing preorders via yahoo auctions.

Most proxies do not allow preorder purchases via auction due to high incidents of fraud; and you may get banned for your trouble. 

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
wrods

Wow...just catching up on the multiple pages of madness from PO HELL last night.. Good grief....I'm kinda glad I was sick and went to bed, don't really have an interest in Chuck anyway. Congrats to all those who got one!  This Bandai DX PO madness is just getting to insane levels, I can' t even begin to imagine what life is gonna be like when they release the 1:48DX Roy now that's words out on how good the 1J is.  Heaven help us on that PO night...:help:

26 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Wow...just catching up on the multiple pages of madness from PO HELL last night.. Good grief....I'm kinda glad I was sick and went to bed, don't really have an interest in Chuck anyway. Congrats to all those who got one!  This Bandai DX PO madness is just getting to insane levels, I can' t even begin to imagine what life is gonna be like when they release the 1:48DX Roy now that's words out on how good the 1J is.  Heaven help us on that PO night...:help:

I think at least with the 1/48 VF-1S Roy Bandai will have large production volume. VF-31E probably had the smallest production volume of any VF-31, being the least important pilot and the last one to get released, at the tail-end of lackluster (for a DX) sales.

9 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

No pay later at NY lol

That's because they know on release day people will go with cheaper alternatives that crop up rather than honor their inflated price.  They want to lock you in to that price. 1st law of acquasition: Once you have their money you never give it back.

1 hour ago, derex3592 said:

Who knows, roy could be p-bandai and all you need to worry abt would be NY..

10 minutes ago, Sandman said:

That's because they know on release day people will go with cheaper alternatives that crop up rather than honor their inflated price.  They want to lock you in to that price. 1st law of acquasition: Once you have their money you never give it back.

That's painfully accurate actually.  NY probably has the most insanely unfriendly cancellation/refund system I've ever found in any shop anywhere, and they basically dictate where, when, and how you have to jump through their hoops to spend your own money once they have it.  They just flat out will not refund anything, and even if you get store credit on shipping charges, they won't allow you to apply that to shipping on another item.

The only way I was able to use my store credit on this release was to buy a candy bar with the VF-31E so the total was just above the amount they owed me. :rolleyes: 

If CD Japan proves reliable with the P-Bandai missile sets for the VF-1, I think I'm just going to ditch NY for good.

Edited by Chronocidal

Just now, Mommar said:

So is it all web exclusive supers and armors from here on out?  Is there even a sliver of a chance of more 262’s?  Even the most likely Mirage variant I can’t see being a general release.

I'm holding out hope we'll see a Ba release somewhere down the road, or even a tan 171, since that would be a no-brainer repaint.  I forget the timeline for Frontier releases, but the 171, YF-25, and CF-25 came out long after the other releases.

Really though.. given the lukewarm market for Keith, I'm not expecting them to bother with more 262s.  At least Mirage got some good screentime in one, and maybe if we get another Delta movie there'll be enough fancy flying for demand to surpass the minimum value on Bandai's care-o-meter, but I just don't know how likely it is.

45 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I'm holding out hope we'll see a Ba release somewhere down the road, or even a tan 171, since that would be a no-brainer repaint.  I forget the timeline for Frontier releases, but the 171, YF-25, and CF-25 came out long after the other releases.

Really though.. given the lukewarm market for Keith, I'm not expecting them to bother with more 262s.  At least Mirage got some good screentime in one, and maybe if we get another Delta movie there'll be enough fancy flying for demand to surpass the minimum value on Bandai's care-o-meter, but I just don't know how likely it is.

The RVF-25 was pre-ordered March 4th, 2013. The Vf-25A was pre ordered July 2nd 2013, the YF-25 was March 4th 2014 and the 171’s I can’t seem to find my old receipts for but the first of the 171 Armor parts were pre-ordered April 12, 2013 so at least the Alto version was released before Luca was.

Just now, jvmacross said:

Imagine if it goes to $500+ due to short supply on release day....:(

man... chuck is so boring even if bandai did 31A numbers it still would be a hard sell. 

remember RV 25 luca and the 171... but those 25 ghost parts were really hard to get afterwards.

i'm definitely going to grab the armors and supers. 

18 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

man... chuck is so boring even if bandai did 31A numbers it still would be a hard sell. 

remember RV 25 luca and the 171... but those 25 ghost parts were really hard to get afterwards.

i'm definitely going to grab the armors and supers. 

The radome magic... with the exception of the RVF-171 perhaps I think most other radome valk releases have been hard to get after release.  Judging from last night's PO madness, I would not be surprised if the price of the 31E went up as quickly as the DX VF-1J due to shortage.  But I hope that doesn't happen...