25 minutes ago, borgified said:

Since than @Petrov27 has gotten his 31a today, the question is - Who are the last remaining members that still have a single order of their copy of the 31a withstanding from NY? 

It's been a quite a hair raising ride for all of us that are on this particular thread.

Hopefully that Bandai will learn from the 31a fiasco and not keep collectors hanging on a thin string of empty promises.

I'm still waiting.  Only ordered one.

For reference my order # was 499561 placed Nov 11 2017

It stuns me that I actually got it. The fact that they are still filling orders at such a slow rate is baffling. Like shouldn't the stock be long gone by now? Can Bandai still be producing a small amount of the 31A per month? From a production standpoint that doesnt seem to make much sense does it?

17 hours ago, Guyffon said:

Bandai learning? I really doubt it, to them this item was supposed to be for the japanese markets only, so I think they accomplished their goals, I really doubt they could really care about the international markets for now

I think they DO care about international markets. ^_^ 

Spoiler

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-09-21/bandai-namco-acquires-bluefin-establishes-u.s-toy-company/.137100

Bandai Namco Holdings noted in the announcement that it acquired Bluefin to strengthen and speed up its merchandise sales in the North American hobby collectibles market, to use Bluefin's local business knowledge in organizing fan-oriented events, and to use its existing distribution network.

http://news.toyark.com/2018/09/21/bluefin-acquired-by-bandai-namco-317172

BANDAI NAMCO HD, acquires US “BLUEfin” business Established US toy business company for core fans  The BANDAI NAMCO Group moves to strengthen the market for core fans in North America. On September 19, 2018, BANDAI NAMCO Holdings announced that it will establish a new subsidiary BANDAI NAMCO Collectibles LLC focusing on the high target market in North America.  

BANDAI NAMCO Collectibles is headquartered in Anaheim, California. Established in October 2018, it starts operation in January 2019. The capital is 27 million dollars. Mr. Steve Fujimura will be appointed as president and CEO, and Mr. Kanefumi Iwata of Bandai Namco America will be appointed COO.  

A major advantage of the new company is that it is an importer of the local Japanese toy for establishment and receiving business transfer from retailer NIPPON IMPORTS, LLC. NIPPON IMPORTS is a “BLUEfin” brand, selling products such as figures for core fans.  

The brand of BLUEfin is familiar to fans at large booth exhibitions such as comic and anime expo. In particular, they are demonstrating their strengths with the related character products of the BANDAI NAMCO Group.  

BANDAI NAMCO Collectibles inherits “BLUEfin” brand and continues to deliver hobby related products to fans in North America.

Also, Steve Fujimura, president and CEO of BANDAI NAMCO Collectibles, is also CEO of NIPPON IMPORTS. The head office address of the new company is the same as the current head office of NIPPON IMPORTS. 80% of the shareholders of the new company are BANDAI NAMCO Holdings USA and 20% are NIPPON IMPORTS. In fact, establishing a new company seems to be regarded as an acquisition of BLUEfin related business by BANDAI NAMCO Group, making it a subsidiary company.

With the establishment of this subsidiary, the BANDAI NAMCO Group will be able to acquire the distribution and brands of products for core fans. On the other hand, BLUEfin side will be able to do business with expansive capital and group capabilities.

Japan’s content business is said to have less profit in proportion to the popularity of animation. It is often pointed out that sales can not be provided at the same time as the release of the work, and that the sales are not sufficient. Whether BLUEfin will change that situation, the key to future development will be relevant products. The BANDAI NAMCO Group’s challenge will draw attention.  

15 hours ago, seti88 said:

Stunner...arad is looking good amongst them even without the packs...

It's all about the color, sir. It's all about the COLOR. ;)

Btw, I just added that orange color for his upcoming Armored Parts. ^_^

24 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Hide contents

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-09-21/bandai-namco-acquires-bluefin-establishes-u.s-toy-company/.137100

Bandai Namco Holdings noted in the announcement that it acquired Bluefin to strengthen and speed up its merchandise sales in the North American hobby collectibles market, to use Bluefin's local business knowledge in organizing fan-oriented events, and to use its existing distribution network.

BANDAI NAMCO HD, acquires US “BLUEfin” business Established US toy business company for core fans  The BANDAI NAMCO Group moves to strengthen the market for core fans in North America. On September 19, 2018, BANDAI NAMCO Holdings announced that it will establish a new subsidiary BANDAI NAMCO Collectibles LLC focusing on the high target market in North America.  

BANDAI NAMCO Collectibles is headquartered in Anaheim, California. Established in October 2018, it starts operation in January 2019. The capital is 27 million dollars. Mr. Steve Fujimura will be appointed as president and CEO, and Mr. Kanefumi Iwata of Bandai Namco America will be appointed COO.  

A major advantage of the new company is that it is an importer of the local Japanese toy for establishment and receiving business transfer from retailer NIPPON IMPORTS, LLC. NIPPON IMPORTS is a “BLUEfin” brand, selling products such as figures for core fans.  

The brand of BLUEfin is familiar to fans at large booth exhibitions such as comic and anime expo. In particular, they are demonstrating their strengths with the related character products of the BANDAI NAMCO Group.  

BANDAI NAMCO Collectibles inherits “BLUEfin” brand and continues to deliver hobby related products to fans in North America.

Also, Steve Fujimura, president and CEO of BANDAI NAMCO Collectibles, is also CEO of NIPPON IMPORTS. The head office address of the new company is the same as the current head office of NIPPON IMPORTS. 80% of the shareholders of the new company are BANDAI NAMCO Holdings USA and 20% are NIPPON IMPORTS. In fact, establishing a new company seems to be regarded as an acquisition of BLUEfin related business by BANDAI NAMCO Group, making it a subsidiary company.

With the establishment of this subsidiary, the BANDAI NAMCO Group will be able to acquire the distribution and brands of products for core fans. On the other hand, BLUEfin side will be able to do business with expansive capital and group capabilities.

Japan’s content business is said to have less profit in proportion to the popularity of animation. It is often pointed out that sales can not be provided at the same time as the release of the work, and that the sales are not sufficient. Whether BLUEfin will change that situation, the key to future development will be relevant products. The BANDAI NAMCO Group’s challenge will draw attention.  

Care is relative.  They care about this market for products they can provide here.  They can’t market Macross here, therefore manufacturing enough product to satisfy Japan and the rest of the world is not on their mind.

Now maybe, with supposed impending legal proceedings concerning HG, they’re watching and planning to be able to provide that distribution here.  But that assumes they’re Macross fans who know we’re out here which is a liklihood of about zero.

Edited by Mommar

11 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Care is relative.  They care about this market for products they can provide here.  They can’t market Macross here, therefore manufacturing enough product to satisfy Japan and the rest of the world is not on their mind.

Now maybe, with supposed impending legal proceedings concerning HG, they’re watching and planning to be able to provide that distribution here.  But that assumes they’re Macross fans who know we’re out here which is a liklihood of about zero.

Point taken. But who knows, right? I mean maybe Bandai just seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and they're just preparing their Chess pieces until the said impending legal proceedings with HG. ^_^

Got today the VF-31A that I've won via Buyee/YJA. Description says it's used but the only opened part is just the box. The Valkyrie and its contents is still taped and intact. No blemishes on the paint as others pointed out before. All is good for this purchase. :good:

11 hours ago, Major Focker said:

my 3 from NY are finally on their way, shipped 11/07/18, ordered and paid 10/27/17

Ok, that just pisses me off.  I sent them repeated emails asking for updates, and they wouldn't do jack about it until I asked about the possibility of reducing my order.. and then they did it with no confirmation from me.

Tempted to email them and say if they're filling 3x orders, I want my second one.  <_< 

Bleh.  Probably not worth it at this point.  I think in the grand scheme of things, their lousy customer service is far more upsetting than not getting what I ordered, and even getting another one isn't going to make up for the mess in my mind.

Edited by Chronocidal

47 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Got today the VF-31A that I've won via Buyee/YJA. Description says it's used but the only opened part is just the box. The Valkyrie and its contents is still taped and intact. No blemishes on the paint as others pointed out before. All is good for this purchase. :good:

I have to ask: Out of morbid curiosity, how much did that set you back?

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Reveal hidden contents

What I mean is, for Macross, due to the HG shenanigans, they simply can’t “care” for international markets even ifthey want to, unless I got something wrong. Aside from Macross they do care about the international market for their other products.

3 hours ago, Guyffon said:

What I mean is, for Macross, due to the HG shenanigans, they simply can’t “care” for international markets even ifthey want to, unless I got something wrong. Aside from Macross they do care about the international market for their other products.

Yeah. I understand the concern. But atleast, Bandai is doing something, market-wise, in preparation for the future just in case the legalities is done with HG. ;) 

6 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I have to ask: Out of morbid curiosity, how much did that set you back?

6 hours ago, borgified said:

I'm guessing 45k to 60k yen for your 31a @no3Ljm (based on what I see presently that is listed as of right now and just to be fair price wise)?  

All in all including shipping locally and internationally it's Y39446. The Valk itself when I won is Y31500. If only the seller is not a 'used shop' but it's an individual seller, I wouldn't have to pay Y2540 consumption tax. Give or take, without the tax it's should've been Y37000 only. So it's Y10000-12000 more than what I've paid for from my NY order.

As of now, there's another VF-31A up for grabs at YJA with only 9 hours left. ;) 

16 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Ok, that just pisses me off.  I sent them repeated emails asking for updates, and they wouldn't do jack about it until I asked about the possibility of reducing my order.. and then they did it with no confirmation from me.

Tempted to email them and say if they're filling 3x orders, I want my second one.  <_< 

Bleh.  Probably not worth it at this point.  I think in the grand scheme of things, their lousy customer service is far more upsetting than not getting what I ordered, and even getting another one isn't going to make up for the mess in my mind.

yeah, i'm just relieved this ordeal was finally resolved. sorry it didn't quite work out for you.

was sending them emails roughly every couple of months, then weekly last month  when i read in this thread that other members were having their orders filled, and noting that the order numbers and dates were getting closer to mine. 

i also thought of reducing my order just to make sure i get one. instead, i told NY to send me the 31A's one by one as they become available, rather than waiting for all 3 before shipping. shortly after i got a shipping preparation notice so i thought at least one was being prepped. frankly, i was surprised when the shipped notice came a week later and all 3 were being sent, individually, as well as my Garland.

so now i have 4 x 31A. contemplating selling the 4th (or 1st, since i had it in-hand sooner than NY's) i got as an insurance, albeit at a premium, to recover the $360 i spent on it.

i guess i have a few weeks to think about it until the NY orders arrive.

5 hours ago, Sildani said:

I might be interested  in that 31A, Major. Let me know!

I would be interested too, but I'll defer to anyone who hasn't gotten one yet. ^_^ 

I might email NY to see if they'd be willing to resume my original order if they get enough stock, but I'm not getting my hopes up.  My main issue with the way they went about it is that they automatically reduced my order, and then converted the second one to store credit, without any confirmation from me first.  I expected it, based on what others had said, but they didn't actually give me the option to say no, and wait.  I'd expected them to refuse the reduction in the first place. :huh: 

Edited by Chronocidal

On 11/9/2018 at 11:48 AM, chyll2 said:

Nice to see that they are fulfilling order that has multiple copies. @Petrov27 I thought I was the latest to order here at 10/28, but yours is much more later. Enjoy!

Hello,

I order 2 vf 31a on NY October 08, 2017, and for the moment, after several emails, still no "preparation in progress", 
it's been over 1 year that I wait, and I hope that it goes change before the end of the year 

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

7x7 plus double panel height so 28 total wall panels?

49 base panels + 19 baes panels for the tops of walls to add structural support and 21 wall panels (one side is open to take photos.

If you are planning on get more, I'd suggest you wait a bit FEXT is working on releasing larger sets.

Edited by Saburo

My order for 2 X VF-31A from NY paid for on 10/07 still hasn’t shipped. 

I submitted a ticket almost 3 days ago and they haven’t responded which is new. I typically hear back in 24 hours :/ 

So I guess they’re just going to keep my money and ignore me now...?