Chuck's looks amazing, in for my usual two ^_^ Color probably isn't accurate, but the color they have looks good.

Armor packs.. well.. I'll grab one of every TWE release on principle, but yikes that's massive. :lol: It's like the designer of the VF-25 pack issued a challenge, and the VF-31 designer just goes "Hold my beer.." (in-universe that is, since I'd assume Kawamori is just trying to one-up himself here)

Now I'm wondering though, if the Delta movie gets a sequel, are we going to see the whole squad outfitted in those packs?

Wow!!! So much orange (my favourite colour) that has to be in my collection.  Been waiting for Chuck's for too long now and it doesn't disappoint.  The Heavy Armor is just so over the top sillyness that I just have to have it - unfortunately it doesn't look very "Macrossy" but I guess its where everything is headed designwise.  (moar must be stronger!!!)

Any dates on the pre-order for these two beauties?

Edited by wm cheng

1 hour ago, wm cheng said:

Wow!!! So much orange (my favourite colour) that has to be in my collection.  Been waiting for Chuck's for too long now and it doesn't disappoint.  The Heavy Armor is just so over the top sillyness that I just have to have it - unfortunately it doesn't look very "Macrossy" but I guess its where everything is headed designwise.  (moar must be stronger!!!)

It looks more like a Macross thing in the film than it does here in toy form.  It actually appears more bulky in toy form too.

38 minutes ago, Rogueload said:

Am I the only one that thinks the armor parts look to excessive?

What's the difference between excessive and too excessive?

54 minutes ago, Zx31 said:

RE: color

Reminder that reds shades are wildly different in photos depending on the camera and lighting. There were questions for months about Mirage every time show photos were posted and they were all different 

purple isn't purple, red isn't red, truth isn't truth....;)

3 hours ago, Zx31 said:

RE: color

Reminder that reds shades are wildly different in photos depending on the camera and lighting. There were questions for months about Mirage every time show photos were posted and they were all different colors.

Yet the final answer was what we all thought from the very first pics of Mirage's---"way too red, compared to the actual on-screen animation and official artwork". 

So I won't be at all surprised if the final color for Arad's armor is "way too much like the fruit, and not the more rusty-color" 

It seems that the missile covers are indeed a shade of orange, through not as orange as with the actual toy. For some reason, my mind remembered it as red. I still wish it were the same shade of red as the one used in Arad's valk. The orange looks out of place to me.

29665520_1820458981591454_2875623211296893820_o.thumb.jpg.05102f0bf6f0128f9258acec149ec145.jpg

I doubt the stands are required.  The VF-19 Advance have two arms and I currently don't need them, the wing hinges still strong enough for most angles.

OTOH I add support arms to my VF-25 armor or tornado in B mode, since there is just too much weight on the two wing hinges.

Dst3Oo1.jpg

10 hours ago, seti88 said:

Wide angle!

tamashii3-32.jpg.b47174419aa133cc49eb66d133f3da5f.jpg

12 hours ago, eXis10z said:

7BD32A4F-9584-49BA-A7CD-FB777B4A3237.jpeg

CF637261-0932-4F6F-B14F-D4D5526B4030.jpeg

46860E89-6049-4610-A69B-0126B80B372C.jpeg

Bumping these pics up for comparison with the pic from Macross Mecha Manual. The more I look at it, the more the orange seems in-congruent with Arad's color scheme. For me, the covers should have been the same color as the red on the shoulder armor.

28 minutes ago, brouken said:

It seems that the missile covers are indeed a shade of orange, through not as orange as with the actual toy. For some reason, my mind remembered it as red. I still wish it were the same shade of red as the one used in Arad's valk. The orange looks out of place to me.

29665520_1820458981591454_2875623211296893820_o.thumb.jpg.05102f0bf6f0128f9258acec149ec145.jpg

Is the orange the same tone as Nerf guns? :ph34r:

15528502-C615-4F33-840C-F0775B93974F.jpeg

13 hours ago, chyll2 said:

The stand arms prediction is true. Haha it will come with four to support it.

Called it. ^_^ 

13 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Haven't watched the movie yet, so is it supposed to be all white like that? All that plain white with no additional details or markings looks pretty bland. 

Based on the movie and the Blu-ray cover it is indeed white. I just don't get the orange color thought for Arad's. :unknw:

50 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Based on the movie and the Blu-ray cover it is indeed white. I just don't get the orange color thought for Arad's. :unknw:

The lack of shading is what turns the white into a monotonous blob. I doubt Bandai will go so far as to pre/post-shade it for you (especially since they won't even panel line them), but that would definitely do wonders for the look.

Is orange a color used to denote test or prototype equipment in Japan’s military? Matter of fact, in Macross itself, orange was used for the Super Ostrich and the VF-1D, and for one of the Project Super Nova prototypes (think it was 06). The drones launched against Guld in Plus were orange, I recall an event in Plus as well where the X-9 went up against a formation of drone VF-11s, and they were orange. 

Orange might be more fitting than it may first look. 

I'm much more excited by Chuck's VF-31E.

I'd probably prefer Arad's armor if it was a different color scheme. Not liking the white and orange. But who knows, when/if I finally get round to watching the Delta movie, maybe the armor will grow on me more.

25 minutes ago, Sildani said:

Is orange a color used to denote test or prototype equipment in Japan’s military? Matter of fact, in Macross itself, orange was used for the Super Ostrich and the VF-1D, and for one of the Project Super Nova prototypes (think it was 06). The drones launched against Guld in Plus were orange, I recall an event in Plus as well where the X-9 went up against a formation of drone VF-11s, and they were orange. 

Orange might be more fitting than it may first look. 

Now that you mention it...

It would be very Bandai if another movie comes out and the armor gets a different color because it will then be standard use and boom... armor set repaint TWE