I like this armor pack and will sure be getting one, but it seems to be a bit of an overkill.  The 25F/S armor pack had better balance between size and posability. With all the weight distribution issues, this won't be able to stand up on its own in Battroid mode, and will be a bitxh to pose.

Does anyone know what those "ring fins" attached to the boosters do, if anything?

Ick. The more I see it the less I like it. It reminds me of the Full Armor Unicorn, where more and more is just slapdash cobbled together. I think I'd like it more if they did something as simple as move the missile pods on the boosters closer to where the boosters mount to the wing roots, and placed either on top of or on the inner sides of the boosters to give the Valk a more compact appearance. Ideally, the "Tornado" cannons would be excised entirely, freeing up space on the back for ordinance and allowing the "Stampede" chainguns to be the big gun upgrades.

7 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Does anyone know what those "ring fins" attached to the boosters do, if anything?

Ick. The more I see it the less I like it. It reminds me of the Full Armor Unicorn, where more and more is just slapdash cobbled together. I think I'd like it more if they did something as simple as move the missile pods on the boosters closer to where the boosters mount to the wing roots, and placed either on top of or on the inner sides of the boosters to give the Valk a more compact appearance. Ideally, the "Tornado" cannons would be excised entirely, freeing up space on the back for ordinance and allowing the "Stampede" chainguns to be the big gun upgrades.

I think you just spoke my mind - "slapdash cobbled together".  Kinda reminds me of this:

Edited by rdrunner

Every add-on has been a TWE for a while so, barring a gift-set, it will most likely be TWE.

This thing looks uglier every time I see it. I mean, I'm obviously getting it, but I can't imagine hiding such a beautiful design inside such an ugly one for any length of time.

Edited by jenius

32 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

I think you just spoke my mind - "slapdash cobbled together".  Kinda reminds me of this

Oh, is that Kung Fu Hustle? Some other Chinese-only film of his? I know I've seen this movie before, but I don't think it was KFH...

Anyway, it's certainly an apt comparison.

8 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Is the armor color supposed to be orange?....looks better closer to red....unless we are getting 5 different armors?

Also....to me it looks better in gerwalk mode....

large.20180303_225331.jpg.a547a4fb5e3de8

It looks like a combination  of: 

a VF-25S full armor pack minus the back boosters;

+ the VF-171EX arm missile armor;

+ the VF-25 tornado back cannons;

+ two Gatling guns on each arm from FA unicorn;

+ (what seems to be the only original part) a new backpack booster unit with the ring like frame on the side?

1 minute ago, chyll2 said:

But the prototype says armored parts for 31F

Dunno....both have "01" designation.....but the illustration looks red to me....not orange...

Seems Bandai has gone from "purple is the new red" to "orange is the new red"....or simply put...they've gone Full-on Arcadia on the colors again...:rolleyes:

1 minute ago, rdrunner said:

It looks like a combination  of: 

a VF-25S full armor pack minus the back boosters;

+ the VF-171EX arm missile armor;

+ the VF-25 tornado back cannons;

+ two Gatling guns on each arm from FA unicorn;

+ (what seems to be the only original part) a new backpack booster unit with the ring like frame on the side?

I think I would prefer a Stampeed....

sdp-1-fighter.jpg

21 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Oh, is that Kung Fu Hustle? Some other Chinese-only film of his? I know I've seen this movie before, but I don't think it was KFH...

Anyway, it's certainly an apt comparison.

Haha that was from Stephen Chau’s “From Beijing with Love”, which was his comedy take on the Bond films. 

But the more I looked at it, the more it reminded me of this “Super Weapon”, LOL!

2 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

I think I would prefer a Stampeed....

sdp-1-fighter.jpg

Agreed and that was a much more elegant design (some say the -25S armor pack was inspired by the original stampede. Sure, the Stampede was heavily armed, but at least it didn’t need 5 stands to support all the kibble hanging out on almost every angle!

Not gonna lie, now that I see it in fully finished form, I don't like it as much as I thought I would.  I don't think Bandai really nailed it; it looks way more menacing and beefy in the drawn/animation versions I've seen.  But turning a design that is that over the top into plastic isn't an easy task.

I'm still definitely going to buy it, but I'm a little disappointed in how it turned out.  Maybe it will look a little better with all the missile ports closed up.

The armor looks ok so far, I'd like to see it in gerwalk and fighter like others said. I think the lack of a decent pose is hurting how it looks, just kinda floating there with missile pods open. It's gonna be hard to put this in any sort of display case with how tall that cannon sits :lol:

5 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Agreed and that was a much more elegant design (some say the -25S armor pack was inspired by the original stampede. Sure, the Stampede was heavily armed, but at least it didn’t need 5 stands to support all the kibble hanging out on almost every angle!

In all fairness....it was never officially brought to market in full PT awesomeness....

But MWer Majestic sure did not need any for his custom beast...

SDP-1-Battroid1.jpg

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/31664-148-sdp-1-stampede-valkyrie/

1 minute ago, seti88 said:

Does anyone know what it says? It was a picture grouped with the delta valks...something in june next year?

12C7E13F-AB48-40E5-A44B-DAAB17C5C5FA.jpeg.1355c789d3925e0c98af9f36a663da9f.jpeg

It says Walkure is unstoppable! Still trying to decipher the rest. It does have the words Armored in the text body so I guess its explaining the release dates?

6 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Does anyone know what it says? It was a picture grouped with the delta valks...something in june next year?

12C7E13F-AB48-40E5-A44B-DAAB17C5C5FA.jpeg.1355c789d3925e0c98af9f36a663da9f.jpeg

From the intertrons:

Super alloy
The Valkyrie won't stop.
Crossover live in June 2019, and complete
New production of the theater version system and macro-SMEs that followed the story
However, the squad is finally stepping up !
I was able to finally announce the Armored that was active in the theater version.
The Valkyrie still won't stop !

41 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Dunno....both have "01" designation.....but the illustration looks red to me....not orange...

Seems Bandai has gone from "purple is the new red" to "orange is the new red"....or simply put...they've gone Full-on Arcadia on the colors again...:rolleyes:

Touch wood they don’t know about Arcadia’s “pink is the new white”.....:5::D