53 minutes ago, Saviant said:

Would be nice to see it released in a uniform color that works with all the DX VF31's, really want it to add to my 31a and 31c

You know bandai. If there's more money to be made, they will do it (means they will just keep re-release repainted packs). Beside, even the the OVA, the AP matches the VF's colour so you bet your ass they will not release a uniformed colour set.

7 minutes ago, eXis10z said:

Will the super parts fit onto the new 31F ?

The Supers fit exactly the same as the original 31f. Nothing has changed in terms of the valk itself, just added the clips for the Lil'Draken add ons and an additional non-helmet Hayate into the mix. I posted a link for "newer" 31f on the last page and @Saburo has posted the pics of it also ( just a few posts before my write-up).

1 hour ago, borgified said:

The Supers fit exactly the same as the original 31f. Nothing has changed in terms of the valk itself, just added the clips for the Lil'Draken add ons and an additional non-helmet Hayate into the mix. I posted a link for "newer" 31f on the last page and @Saburo has posted the pics of it also ( just a few posts before my write-up).

Got it! Thanks!

52 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

the new 31F is available at NY for 19500 yen. IRC, it was previously listed at 21500 yen. :lol:

Yup, they dropped the price 2,000¥. Now it's only ¥2,000 above their pre-order price of ¥17,500.

Guess it's not selling quickly, which doesn't surprise me too much.

8 hours ago, Microbe999 said:

My vf-31A has finally entered shipping stages from NY and I thought it would never happen so hopefully there aren't too many people still waiting on one.

I was wondering why nobody updates the new toy thread?  What happened to Grand Cannon?

i'm still waiting for my 3 

what was your order number?

14 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

No preorder date announcement yet. But they've already shown a prototype in some Japanese hobby magazine. And hopefully they show a painted sample on the upcoming TN2018 next week.

V4eKwMA.jpg

This is the only other 31 I want. Luckily I've already started saving up for it.

What would be - I N C R E D I BL E - is that the Armor would be self-sustaining in battroid mode.  I dream of making greater poses than Ozma's 25 which ended hanged to the display stand...

After seeing how Bandai pulled off the YF-19 arm canons, I am a Bandaïliver

Edited by Xigfrid

Obvioulsy, we need a third leg to sustain the weight. I mean, just by looking at that picture, they already put a 'support' stand behind it. And they will probably include those clamp looking stands to support the weight on the wing parts. They've included those on VF-19/Adv's Boosters and the Sv-262's Lil Drakens which IMHO looks lighter compared to the VF-31's 'Silpheed' wing parts.

12 minutes ago, VF-Zer0S said:

I’m probably late the party but was getting the 31A just a problem for NY or was it also a shortage problem

I say it's both honestly. NY's CS is crap and Bandai said that they where cutting back in the production of the 31a, even Charles brought it up in his YouTube review.

Others may have different opinions as I don't have a 31a.

48 minutes ago, VF-Zer0S said:

I’m probably late the party but was getting the 31A just a problem for NY or was it also a shortage problem

It wasn't just NY, other "grey market" P-Bandai re-sellers also had reduced quantities. Some cancelled orders, and My Konbini cancelled orders and then re-listed at a markup.

As far as I can remember, NY is unique in the fact that they're actually fulfilling all the non-cancelled orders.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

29 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

As far as I can remember, NY is unique in the fact that they're actually fulfilling all the non-cancelled orders.

"Fulfilling" is a bit of a stretch I think.  "Getting around to them" is closer, and if you ordered multiple copies, you are shuffled to the far end of the line, and ignored until all the single orders are filled, no matter who ordered first.

This far in, I'm not holding my breath for the multiple orders, so I told them to cancel one, before I get shafted for being stuck at the end of the line.  I'm picking up my reduced order today after work.

Just now, Chronocidal said:

"Fulfilling" is a bit of a stretch I think.  "Getting around to them" is closer, and if you ordered multiple copies, you are shuffled to the far end of the line, and ignored until all the single orders are filled, no matter who ordered first.

This far in, I'm not holding my breath for the multiple orders, so I told them to cancel one, before I get shafted for being stuck at the end of the line.  I'm picking up my reduced order today after work.

Still better than just getting your order cancelled, considering the $500+ market price right now.

8 hours ago, Major Focker said:

i'm still waiting for my 3 

what was your order number?

To be honest I watched a lot of people getting their orders fulfilled and their order number and sometimes their order date were way past mine.  My order was #491473 by the way, placed on 10/15/2017. 

I did end up poking them once when I saw all the activity and releases and they gave me the "yes its still coming" response.  I poked again a few weeks ago and it did seem to facilitate them moving forward with the shipping.  I guess all of you who are waiting, don't give up hope, I think it will eventually arrive from NY.

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Still better than just getting your order cancelled, considering the $500+ market price right now.

Getting half an order is better than getting nothing, yes, but I don't view either as acceptable treatment of customers.  Shoving people who purchased first to the end of the line because they ordered more isn't anything I've ever seen any other business do in my life, and NY really REALLY owes their customers some explanation for the nonsense.

Frankly speaking, I would have preferred them to outright cancel the order early on, so I could have bought them somewhere else before the price doubled.

Edited by Chronocidal

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

There were at least 2 orders for doubles fulfilled. One order was placed on 10/6 or 10/7 (I have to check my notes) and the other was placed on 10/26!

There is no rhyme or reason to what they are doing. I guess they get some credit for trying to fill orders but who knows how the hell they are prioritizing them. It’s certainly not first come first served which is bullish!t to be honest. 

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
wrods

3 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Getting half an order is better than getting nothing, yes, but I don't view either as acceptable treatment of customers.  Shoving people who purchased first to the end of the line because they ordered more isn't anything I've ever seen any other business do in my life, and NY really REALLY owes their customers some explanation for the nonsense.

Frankly speaking, I would have preferred them to outright cancel the order early on, so I could have bought them somewhere else before the price doubled.

Regarding NY owing customers an explanation for the nonsense...that boat sailed, hit an iceberg, and sank a long time ago. NY should have (within a week of the release) emailed everyone with an unfulfilled order with an apology for the delay. Heck, a modest discount voucher wouldn't have hurt, and would have helped to smooth feelings. Instead, NY did NOTHING. Only when customers emailed NY did they provide a boilerplate explanation that they were working on filling orders.

I will concede a small bit of credit....at least they are still making efforts to fill orders. And, filling single orders first is primarily damage control and an attempt to retain as many customers as possible (as has been previously mentioned, order numbers and dates really don't factor in (fyi, I ordered on 10/25 and got my toy about a month ago)). Lastly, the thing that seriously pi**es me off the most is the business received our money up front, several months before release date (ended up paying nearly a year in advance of getting the toy). Anyway, just my two cents. Best of luck to everyone still waiting...

Edited by funkymonkeyjavajunky

2 hours ago, funkymonkeyjavajunky said:

Lastly, the thing that seriously pi**es me off the most is the business received our money up front, several months before release date (ended up paying nearly a year in advance of getting the toy). Anyway, just my two cents. Best of luck to everyone still waiting...

Let's hope so, I just contacted them with a 2nd email attempting to get a status update, since it has been a year since I originally paid.   All I've gotten is a reply of "we'll contact dispatch to see if we've gotten any kairos in".  This was for a single Kairos ordered on 10/15 ... sigh.  

Should I order from NY in the future, let's just say I hope I won't make the mistake of using Paypal again.

2 minutes ago, brouken said:

If we're lucky, Bandai has the VF-31A Arad Custom down the pipeline somewhere, along with the 31A Armored Parts from the Movie. I'd be up for the pre-order madness for that. :)

Preorder madness for VF-31A Arad’s and Armored Parts? Why, you don’t want to have it released thru exclusive TWE for easy purchase again? :rolleyes:

We just need to wait for a year or so. ^_^

Hehe, I don't mind it being a TWE release, Noel. Being one of the few that didn't preorder the 31A, I missed out on the frustration of waiting a year for the order to be fulfilled. Hopefully, lightning won't stike the same place twice. :D

18 hours ago, borgified said:

I say it's both honestly. NY's CS is crap and Bandai said that they where cutting back in the production of the 31a, even Charles brought it up in his YouTube review.

Others may have different opinions as I don't have a 31a.

Do we how many copies of these do they make in a typical run for a DX TWE release?  5000?  10000?  I am just curious about how many 31A's are in "circulation" out in the open.