With the reissue of the 31F, I have now purchased double the VF-31s that I had originally planned.  I was planning on being happy with just the 31J and 31C, going for the red/blue matched set, Then I saw the color they used on the 31S, and just had to get that one too.

3/5 of Delta Platoon, might as well snag a 31F if/when the reissue pops up, go all the way and eventually get all five once they get around to releasing the 31E.

I was fine until I started spending more time here, several successful years avoiding valkyrie purchases, Though truthfully I can't say I regret any of my purchases, so I'm happy with how things turned out.

4 minutes ago, Saburo said:

I like the way you think.

I had already take shots of the Hybrid Super Siegfried. Here's fighter mode.

Where do the Lil' Drakens and Super boosters mount? If the former mounts to the wings and the latter to the tail fins, perhaps you could put both on at the same time...?

23 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Where do the Lil' Drakens and Super boosters mount? If the former mounts to the wings and the latter to the tail fins, perhaps you could put both on at the same time...?

I tried mounting both but Draken adapter gets in the way of the Super Booster attaching.

vf-31_adapter_super.thumb.jpg.3608d4df4729565af2d0811b1bcbd699.jpg

16 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

There we go, that's starting to look like a real super pack. The base ones always seemed a bit lacking.

I thought it looked cool, I'll post up shots of the Hybrid Super Sieg later.   When you say base ones, you mean the Super Parts Booster right?  Just wanted to make sure I was on the same page as you. :)

8 minutes ago, Saburo said:

I tried mounting both but Draken adapter gets in the way of the Super Booster attaching.

What if you fold the wing over beneath the undercarriage? Or does one or both adapters hold it at a certain bend?

I'd imagine at that point you could only pose it in flight, BUT JUST THINK OF ALL THE DAKKA

9 minutes ago, Petrov27 said:

Hmm, this seems somewhat promising though the gentleman packing the box looks slightly embarrassed and that sure doesnt look like hes placing a VF-31A in there.... 

No packing material either... I don't trust that guy in the pic seems a bit suspect. <_<

2 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

What if you fold the wing over beneath the undercarriage? Or does one or both adapters hold it at a certain bend?

I'd imagine at that point you could only pose it in flight, BUT JUST THINK OF ALL THE DAKKA

With the fighter mode Draken adapters there are tabs that keep the wing at an angle. I suppose you could use the Battroid adapter to fold over the wing but it covers the leading edge of the wing.

25 minutes ago, Saburo said:

I thought it looked cool, I'll post up shots of the Hybrid Super Sieg later.   When you say base ones, you mean the Super Parts Booster right?  Just wanted to make sure I was on the same page as you. :)

Yeah, the base super parts are pretty anemic. Essentially the VF-25 super pack, except the boosters are just duct-taped on-top of the wing, rather than wrapping it. Plus they're further outboard.

Then again, the VF-31 (superb engineering aside) is not one of my favorite valk designs. Those spindly arms...

Got an email back from HLJ:

Thank you for your message.

We are very sorry, but we received a much smaller shipment of the BANS55013 DX Chogokin Movie Ver. VF-31F Siegfried (Messer Ihlefeld/Hayate Immelmann Use) than we ordered. Orders are filled in exact chronological order, and stock unfortunately ran out before your order and the orders of some other customers could be filled.

We have stopped accepting new orders for this item, but we are keeping your order on file as we try to get more stock to fill it. In addition, more will become available if any of the orders currently in payment processing become cancelled for non-payment.

If it turns out we’re unable to get more stock to fill your order, our orders department will e-mail you.

In the meantime, if you would prefer to seek it elsewhere, the My Account system (accessible by clicking “My Account” on the top right of pages onhttp://www.hlj.com) will allow you to cancel an item anytime before it enters payment processing.

Again, we are very sorry about this situation. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Thank you very much for your understanding, and for your business with us.

Not terribly worried, as it's a re-issue and most of the Delta valks were available for a bit after release. Going to give them some time to see if they can fill or not.

9 minutes ago, Saburo said:

That works! :good:

Sure does. And the wings manage to still be out, too!

...looks a bit... bulbous, though, don't it? :lol:

15 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Not terribly worried, as it's a re-issue and most of the Delta valks were available for a bit after release. Going to give them some time to see if they can fill or not.

I'm getting the ol' Kairos ominous twitch again. Best of luck, everyone.

I was just going to email CDJ and ask for an update but I noticed the status has changed from 'payment processed' to 'shipping in process' so I'm guessing there's just a lot of shipping issues in Japan right now and that more 31F Movie Version will be hitting the market now.

35 minutes ago, jenius said:

I was just going to email CDJ and ask for an update but I noticed the status has changed from 'payment processed' to 'shipping in process' so I'm guessing there's just a lot of shipping issues in Japan right now and that more 31F Movie Version will be hitting the market now.

Thanks for the heads up, my status just changed too.

10/14/2018 15:19 In Customs      

10/14/2018 15:19 Item presented to import Customs      

10/17/2018 08:39 Departure from inward office of exchange      

10/17/2018 08:39 Item returned from import Customs      

10/18/2018 00:10 Processing at delivery Post Office      

10/18/2018 Retention

Slightly off topic, but anyone know what to do when waiting for a package and you get this as the status? I ordered from CDJ and EMS shipping. Google has said it means I may have to pay taxes, but I dont know for sure.

Ironically I used the cheaper airmail for another item from NY and that arrived faster even though it shipped later.

From the photos, it doesn't look like the window frosting is any different: was that already improved for the first 31F release? (Is only the 31J the only one that needs to run the defroster?)

I was trying to avoid this valk since I prefer the 31A... gettin' thirsty though...

15 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

It could be the recent backlog in Japan along with separate shipments to hlj .

but don’t cancel since they might treat it as customers cancel and add it up to your total amount of cancellations.

5 minutes ago, F360 said:

It could be the recent backlog in Japan along with separate shipments to hlj .

but don’t cancel since they might treat it as customers cancel and add it up to your total amount of cancellations.

They specifically stated that they had gotten fewer units than they expected.

Also since their email told me I could cancel, I doubt they'd hold it against me. In any case, I'm leaving it open in case they can fill the order.

Just when I thought Kairos and unicorns were going to be classified together as things of fiction I had a surprise at my door today. I only had to wait 370 days since I paid in full for this lovely bird. You ask what I did to get NY to ship this to me? It wasn’t the 3 friendly emails I sent to them, but rather the 4th expressing my frustration and demanding a full refund. Took a quick picture before heading off to dinner....enjoy.

DDA84A5C-2FB8-49B8-A649-23EE6AC82D88.jpeg

F15809EA-C53E-4ACF-A307-F1EAF0CDE4A5.png