Bandai also gets the benefit of being talked about on fora, keeping their name and products in the forefront of collectors’ minds. 

Rolex is currently doing the exact thing with a few of their stainless steel watch models, so that a particular model that MSRP’s for about $9K can’t be found in an AD for that price; one has to go to the third party sellers and pay almost 50% more, or even higher. Insanity. 

1 hour ago, Guyffon said:

I do not think bandai benefits from inflated price, they still only get what price they sold ar release, the inflated prices only benefit the scalpers

My mention of inflation pricing, relates to the natural inflation of goods and services, and not scalper actions. 
i.e. use a hot product to set the base price for future models, after accounting for inflation.

IMO a company as large as Bandai, the aim shld be maintaining growth/sales and keeping the cap on costs of production. 

2 hours ago, seti88 said:

My mention of inflation pricing, relates to the natural inflation of goods and services, and not scalper actions. 
i.e. use a hot product to set the base price for future models, after accounting for inflation.

IMO a company as large as Bandai, the aim shld be maintaining growth/sales and keeping the cap on costs of production. 

I understand what you mean now, just wish they made more of the kairos so there was no shortage for all collectors that wanted one (or ten) to get them. I do hope that whatever happened to the kairos never happen for another twe item or that said regular release item. A lot of people are still waiting for their kairos at this point and no explanation was ever given as to what happpened

Since that @seti88 posted a twitter pic of the clips  on the 31f, here's another tweet from Ezxea1.

https://twitter.com/Ezwea1 (Dated on the 13th).

Edit: Manda has the movie 31f up for sale at 25K yen.

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1098261267&ref=list

Edited by borgified

2 minutes ago, CharlesXavier said:

Anyone who ordered the 31F from CDJ already have theirs shipped? Mine is still under “credit card approved” status. Thanks. :)

I'm with you, and I'm shocked as I usually go through CDJ because they usually don't have shipping shenanigans.

Sooo the 31F's lil Draken set only comes with the lil Drakens right? 

If so, I guess I'll pass on those since I kinda accidentally bought two sets for my 262 a while back. 

I forgot I had it pre ordered on NY and bought another from Ebay, imagine the mark left on my forehead because of the major facepalm I did when the second one arrived.

I never even took it out of the box it was shipped in so i guess I now have an excuse to crack em open and use em for the 31F.

Meanwhile in other news, my VF-31A has been shipped but has been stuck at the FOREIGN CENTER JERSEY CITY NJ 099, which I assume is Customs, for almost a week now. 

Has this happened to anybody else before and how long does it usually take before it starts moving again?

1 hour ago, ManhattanProject972 said:

Meanwhile in other news, my VF-31A has been shipped but has been stuck at the FOREIGN CENTER JERSEY CITY NJ 099, which I assume is Customs, for almost a week now. 

Has this happened to anybody else before and how long does it usually take before it starts moving again?

Yep, and any day now. 

1 minute ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Still waiting for HLJ to charge me for the 31F Messer/Hayate

You should Probability check your email , sometimes my hlj gets routed to my junk/spam folder.  This is Incase they have a issue with your creditcard. 

7 minutes ago, F360 said:

You should Probability check your email , sometimes my hlj gets routed to my junk/spam folder.  This is Incase they have a issue with your creditcard. 

Nope, I have everything from HLJ whitelisted, and phone alerts for CC issues. No activity, order doesn't even show as processing on the HLJ website yet, just "open".

I can only assume the delay is related to the general distribution havoc that seems to have hit Japan following the natural disasters... since it's a regular release it seems doubtful we're heading down the 31A rabbit hole again... though stranger things have certainly happened.

15 hours ago, Alex GS said:

Love the box art of the VF 31F Movie Version , way better than the original imo :D , now I don't feel that bad spending for an exactly same valk hehe, this was actually an impulse buy.

This image is from ebay seller, mine is at Post office ready for pick up. ;)

image.png.37c18f95e0d08e137cbb7fdee4dbf87f.png

Is it just me being silly, or does it look like the Battroid is jumping out of the way of a speeding 31F fighter?? :ph34r:

9 minutes ago, Boobytrap said:

Well it took a week after they put it in preparation in progress status but my 31A was shipped by NY. Still have no idea where NY is getting these from but as long as it arrives safely on my door step that's all that matters in the end.

And mine is still stuck on "payment ok".

I'm seriously consider getting a refund and cancel my order from them by this point. It's been dragged out for so long that any interest I had for the 31A is about to run down to 0.

42 minutes ago, ridgebacks said:

And mine is still stuck on "payment ok".

I'm seriously consider getting a refund and cancel my order from them by this point. It's been dragged out for so long that any interest I had for the 31A is about to run down to 0.

I'll send the cash to you right now and you can keep the order and send it to me!! LOL. Seriously though they seem to be coming through even though the wait sucks. I'd take delayed fulfillment over disappointment

3 minutes ago, Blue Meanie said:

I'll send the cash to you right now and you can keep the order and send it to me!! LOL. Seriously though they seem to be coming through even though the wait sucks. I'd take delayed fulfillment over disappointment

I've made this offer to anyone wanting to cancel their orders since the beginning of the fiasco. Even offered $301! No one has accepted  the offer yet.:unknw: