38 minutes ago, DWN013 said:

Speaking of which, still no news from bandai about -31A or -31S super parts? 

Just like you, everyone is hoping to hear any Macross stuff announcement from the upcoming Tamashii Nation 2018 Event coming October 26-28.

https://tamashii.jp/special/tamashii_nation/

Until then...

146510.gif

32 minutes ago, Graham said:

Trying to decide, buy either YF-19DX or VF-31Kai DX?

Can only afford one not both.

It's always irked me that my original pre-order for the 31Kai was rejected.

Do you own other 31 toys? Do you own a VF-19Advance?

9 minutes ago, jenius said:

Do you own other 31 toys? Do you own a VF-19Advance?

I own:

2 x VF-31J + 2x Super Packs.

2x VF-31F + 1x Super Packs.

2x VF-31C .

1x VF-31A.

1x VF-31S.

And

2x VF-19Advance.

Engineering and design wise I consider the 31 a far superior toy to the 19.

I think the Kai will be harder to get later compared to the YF-19, not counting on the fact that the YF-19 has an higher chance to be re-edited compared to the limited edition.

But as said, the 19 has a much better playability/posability and more missiles to share with other 31s

I have both the 31JKai and DXYF-19. The Kai is just a repaint of the 31j, with four reaction missiles included. The YF-19 is a slightly reworked 19Advance, with a lot of different ordinances plus the fold booster pack.

The 31Kai was shown only in one episode of Delta, and was not shown in the Movie. The 19 is of course the main hero valk in Plus.

Between the two, disregarding the toys' engineering, the obvious choice for me is the 19. :)

YF-19 definitely because of the changes to the design from VF-19Adv, full set ordinance and arm cannon. The only marginal gain you get from the -31 Kai is extra tampo and 4 reaction missiles. You can get reaction missiles from the Jenius super pack or 31-S anyway. 

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Darn, missed my pay by date on the NY order I had for the new Messer VF-31. Guess time to hunt one on release day.

Did you try to email them? How many days did it already pass from the deadline? If it's just one day, try to email them. There's no harm in trying. I did on one of my purchases before after I missed the payment date a day after. They 'reactivate' the pay now button on my order history page so I can pay. And it worked out great.

13 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Did you try to email them? How many days did it already pass from the deadline? If it's just one day, try to email them. There's no harm in trying. I did on one of my purchases before after I missed the payment date a day after. They 'reactivate' the pay now button on my order history page so I can pay. And it worked out great.

1day late, contacted them, no dice.

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Impressive! I’ve tried that on several occasions and they never hook me up. Was that for a hot item that was sold out or something that they raise the price on after release? 

I’ve been exchanging emails with NY regarding my order for 2 x 31As. 

They are now saying if I reduce my order to 1 copy they will send it out right away. Otherwise I can pound sand and wait for an undetermined amount of time. 

3 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Impressive! I’ve tried that on several occasions and they never hook me up. Was that for a hot item that was sold out or something that they raise the price on after release? 

It was my order of Figuarts Iron Spider and Iron Man Mark 50. Which is now going for Y7800 and Y14000 respectively.

2 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I’ve been exchanging emails with NY regarding my order for 2 x 31As. 

They are now saying if I reduce my order to 1 copy they will send it out right away. Otherwise I can pound sand and wait for an undetermined amount of time. 

"Right away" is relative.  I actually requested this, and they said they would ship it out immediately.  All I've gotten so far is an update that the shipping label was created a week ago, with no updates past that.

They also stated they'd credit my account for the second one, but I haven't seen anything about that either. <_< 

Finally got my KairROS from NY. Don't hate me. I ordered on Oct 7.

But could someone please give a theory on how the heck they are fulfilling these one by one?

I just don't see how it works. If there was a second run they would have filled all orders right away. Not drip by drop.

I just can't figure it out from a business perspective.

Edited by arbit

26 minutes ago, arbit said:

Finally got my Kai from NY. Don't hate me. I ordered on Oct 7.

But could someone please give a theory on how the heck they are fulfilling these one by one?

I just don't see how it works. If there was a second run they would have filled all orders right away. Not drip by drop.

I just can't figure it out from a business perspective.

You talking about the 31A? I haven't heard anyone having issues getting the Kais that were ordered as in stock...

As for the 31A, I have no idea other than I wish I got an order in with them.

31 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

You talking about the 31A? I haven't heard anyone having issues getting the Kais that were ordered as in stock...

As for the 31A, I have no idea other than I wish I got an order in with them.

You can get one here:

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/DetailPage/item?itemCode=1098035834&ref=mail&lang=en

Opened and package heavily damaged only 53000

I sent my third monthly status request for my 31A to NY last night (ordered 10/27/17). They responded with an update for 'Preparation in progress'. While I know that nothing is guaranteed until I actually have it in hand it's hard to not get excited about a positive change in status after all of these months.

1 hour ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

You can get one here:

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/DetailPage/item?itemCode=1098035834&ref=mail&lang=en

Opened and package heavily damaged only 53000

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

You don't like the $2317.99 one at eBay? You're covered by Paypal, just FYI. ^_^

There's also one more listing gents...

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-037326-R

** If you are really in a tight leash, try this: http://jungle-scs.co.jp/sale_en/?page_id=121&id=2408399 **

Once it's gone, it's gone....

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

So, have there historically been any other Macross figures that were as ridiculous to get a hold of (and increased in price so drastically) as the 31a?

Once upon a time... the title of being a Holy Grail belongs to... VF-4G Lightning III. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, borgified said:

There's also one more listing gents...

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-037326-R

** If you are really in a tight leash, try this: http://jungle-scs.co.jp/sale_en/?page_id=121&id=2408399 **

Once it's gone, it's gone....

Ouch. Those prices. :vava:

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Thanks, I'm good though...Already have one but I was just saying I wish I got an order in at NY since they had them for about 23k yen plus shipping.

Yeah, if you don't mind waiting over 6 months to get only half of your original order. <_< 

I picked a lousy freaking time to finally cave and request the reduction.  They made the shipping label just in time for the package to be stuck in limbo while they deal with all the delays imposed by that typhoon.

Edited by Chronocidal