4 hours ago, mamboeidos said:

so is it safe to get the pre order from ebay? if u missed it by 1 day?

I've used MyKombini's online shop not their Ebay shop (Mykombini's own shop have a point system in which you can redeem around 1% of  the purchase). Had some orders from MyKombini and never had issues so far, though those are non-exclusive or non-limited items such as some of the PBandai ones. Also, haven't really use Ebay for figure purchase (usually check the shops first, then Proxies, YAJ).

6 hours ago, mamboeidos said:

so is it safe to get the pre order from ebay? if u missed it by 1 day?

In general speaking, if the PO item will get released within 6 months, then I can say it's also safe to get it thru their eBay store. Why, because you're basically 100% protected by Paypal's Purchase Protection. Whereas if you get it thru their online store, I'm not sure if they will refund it 100% if they don't deliver, or just get store credit.

Anyone, feel free to correct me regarding MyKombini since I haven't purchased anything from them.

I am beginning to wonder if Chuck will be a web exclusive only.  I can’t imagine they would expect him to sell that well.  I’m planning on getting two so I can have both sets of squads complete with and without armor.  I wonder when/if super or armor parts will be available for the A and when super or armor parts will be available for the S?  It’d be nice if people could grill Bandai reps at shows for info. like that like we Marvel legends fans will do with Dwight at Hasbro.

Edited by Mommar

35 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I am beginning to wonder if Chuck will be a web exclusive only.  I can’t imagine they would expect him to sell that well.  I’m planning on getting two so I can have both sets of squads complete with and without armor.  I wonder when/if super or armor parts will be available for the A and when super or armor parts will be available for the S?  It’d be nice if people could grill Bandai reps at shows for info. like that like we Marvel legends fans will do with Dwight at Hasbro.

That would be nice. But do we have someone here who knows some people at Bandai to begin with?

Given the crap people ordering the 31A have had to deal with, I'm thinking the old reliance on exclusives being easier to snag is gone.  I'm not going to trust Bandai to produce enough anymore, so I'm probably going to start ordering from multiple sources from now on.

2 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Given the crap people ordering the 31A have had to deal with, I'm thinking the old reliance on exclusives being easier to snag is gone.  I'm not going to trust Bandai to produce enough anymore, so I'm probably going to start ordering from multiple sources from now on.

And we'll end up paying more via proxy services or from third party sellers from Japan. Bandai's collectibles are getting expensive by the day and getting hard to get. :unsure:

5 hours ago, Slave IV said:

MyKombini cancelled my VF-31A order saying they didn't have stock and then offered it for sale at a markup.

damn that would piss me off - sorry man.

Im still holdin out hope for my NY order but I think mine may have been the last one they took :P

8 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

In general speaking, if the PO item will get released within 6 months, then I can say it's also safe to get it thru their eBay store. Why, because you're basically 100% protected by Paypal's Purchase Protection. Whereas if you get it thru their online store, I'm not sure if they will refund it 100% if they don't deliver, or just get store credit.

Anyone, feel free to correct me regarding MyKombini since I haven't purchased anything from them.

icic thank man. totally missed out on the gunbarrel striker n had to do it on ebay

6 minutes ago, mamboeidos said:

icic thank man. totally missed out on the gunbarrel striker n had to do it on ebay

Before you hit eBay, try to ask any proxy site services if they can get the item for you directly from P-Bandai since it's still available for preorder there and ask them for estimate. Then you can choose which one is more within your budget.

I believe CD Japan use a proxy service for any valks that have been fully pre-ordered after the first round and the second order was offered later on (such as the case for the DX YF-19).

Edit: As for which proxy services they use, I don't have a clue which one they use.

Edited by borgified

23 hours ago, eXis10z said:

Those who bought VF-31J Kai via lottery, who did you use for proxy? FJ, Zen and Buyee doesn't.

I used nonpin, but i heard there is a cheaper service out there called from japan, i got my kai after the lottery and found it on a listing

Edited by Guyffon

For anyone still waiting for their VF-31A from N-Y, I finally just got a shipping notification so it looks like they're still slowly filling orders. I have no idea where they're even getting these from, 6 months after release, but I have to give them a lot credit for eventually following through instead of just cancelling everyone's order and marking up any new stock that arrive later.

nippon-yasan_489140.jpg

Similar story. I reached out to them yesterday asking for an update. I mentioned if they were not going to be able to fullfil the pre-order I want the value transfered to store credit. I received an uncharacteristically quick reply stating that they would be sending out the item as soon as possible. Read into that what you will, and your mileage may vary. I had been inquiring about once a month on status.

1G9c5eR.jpg

I got some Mirage Super parts off eBay from a Japanese seller. Received them today and they’re missing the reaction missiles. After a small bit of back and forth seller apologized and will either accept them back or give me $50 if I keep them. I’m torn. Anybody have any idea if the missiles could be found later if I try hard enough? Anyone see any anywhere? Thanks!

4 hours ago, ChaoticYeti said:

Similar story. I reached out to them yesterday asking for an update. I mentioned if they were not going to be able to fullfil the pre-order I want the value transfered to store credit. I received an uncharacteristically quick reply stating that they would be sending out the item as soon as possible. Read into that what you will, and your mileage may vary. I had been inquiring about once a month on status.

I'm assuming all of these are single orders?  I've asked multiple times over the past few months about my order for two, and gotten nothing but the repeated "Don't worry, we'll get you your order!"  At this point I'd just be willing to take a single and store credit, but if they cancel the order entirely, I want it back in cash, because that's what a single will cost anywhere else. <_< 

Edited by Chronocidal

7 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I'm assuming all of these are single orders?  I've asked multiple times over the past few months about my order for two, and gotten nothing but the repeated "Don't worry, we'll get you your order!"  At this point I'd just be willing to take a single and store credit, but if they cancel the order entirely, I want it back in cash, because that's what a single will cost anywhere else. <_< 

A couple of people on this thread have definitely gotten multi-unit orders, but I think they were very early orders. IIRC, someone in this thread actually asked customer service about converting their order to a single unit and they actually said they would be able to fill it sooner if they did, but I'm not sure whether or not it actually panned out.

28 minutes ago, funkymonkeyjavajunky said:

Only single toy orders have been filled by NY. Just out of curiosity, how many more orders are outstanding? Does anyone have an idea?

One more here.  Poked them at the beginning of the week.  CSR who responded to mine didn't give any kind of timeframe for when they might get more.

22 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Pretty sure @Xigfrid has a bunch of ordinance available on Shapeways.

Alternatively, you could resin-cast a set if you can get a hold of a pair of official ones.

Hi, I would love to see what options are out there on Shapeways. Do you have a link please? Thx

Edited by rdrunner

3 hours ago, rdrunner said:

Hi, I would love to see what options are out there on Shapeways. Do you have a link please? Thx

Here's their thread from the Workshop section:

And here's the direct Shapeway's link for @Xigfrid's Missiles and Pylons.
https://www.shapeways.com/shops/xigfrid3dshop?section=Missiles+and+Pylons+DX+compatible

And Xigfrid's posted this on the 3D Model Request page showing some set-ups:

I'm also adding this section if you're interested to change VF-31's Weapon Pods done by @Sanity is Optional and @Xigfrid.

Hope that helps. ;) And this time hopefully I'll get Upvote than Downvote. :lol: 

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 3:06 PM, no3Ljm said:

Hope that helps. ;) And this time hopefully I'll get Upvote than Downvote. :lol: 

Thanks @no3Ljm!!

From the animated wallet gifs to the links you share with the rest of the group, your posts have always been very helpful and it's an upvote from me surely.

3 hours ago, rdrunner said:

Thanks @no3Ljm!!

From the animated wallet gifs to the links you share with the rest of the group, your posts have always been very helpful and it's an upvote from me surely.

Aw schucks. Thanks! :rolleyes: 

But I'm not worthy sir. :hail:

Edited by no3Ljm

Just logged in and checked up in regards to the listing of Mirage's VF-31C and its been picked up! 

2 hours ago, Saviant said:

Not bad price I paid 22000 from mandarake for mine. But saying that the VF-31a are going upwards last time I saw one was 48000 and now at 58000 and all sold out.

There are still Karios for grabs on other suppliers. It looks like that most are looking forward in getting the VF-1J, YF-19 and the re-issue of the 31F with the inclusion if both Messier/Hayate (and the clip ons for the Lil'Draken to attach to the 31 valks).  :D