1 hour ago, Solo Wing Pixy said:

I wonder why some of the video reviews made the process look so easy(eg. wotafa's and jenius' reviews).  Does the connection get looser over time?

I'm pretty sure the reviewers shot their videos after the first try. ;)

4 hours ago, Solo Wing Pixy said:

I wonder why some of the video reviews made the process look so easy(eg. wotafa's and jenius' reviews).  Does the connection get looser over time?

They played with it prior to taking the video. This is why they can easily tell you during the transformation what to keep watch out (what part that rubs or scary to pull/push).

Having it transformed prior, the joints are already "massaged" and is easier to play with now.

I’ve got until 7/16 to pay for the VF-31S at NY.  I’ll wait until the second week of July to combine the order with my order of the HMR VT-1 x4 and have everything shipped registered ferry.

18 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Mine had something like that as well, push the intakes inwards along the hip bar, and it closes up more.

[edit] To clarify, had to un-tab and swing down the whole leg assembly, push it together, and then tab it back in.

18 hours ago, rdrunner said:

I have the same problem on the same side as well on the 31A. Checked my 31F and it was fine. I have not transformed mine yet out of the box (the 31A I mean)

Well bummer, after googling around I'm even seeing the port side gap issue online (from the Soul Nations Akiba Showroom exhibit sporting the same gap...)

akiba5.png

akiba1.jpg

akiba2.jpg

akiba3.jpg

akiba4.jpg

Mine doesn't have that issue either, but there are so many joints to massage - the more articulation you have, the greater the chances that something might be a tiny bit mis-aligned.

Hi guys, new here finally got myself a VF-31C after seeing Macross Delta and all of @Jenius reviews, which I very much appreciated.

Saying that I had a bit of paint scratching around the arm joints after the first transform even with being incredibly careful.

As this is my first step into the DX is there a better replacement stand like the one posted above I can buy?

Just now, Saviant said:

Hi guys, new here finally got myself a VF-31C after seeing Macross Delta and all of @Jenius reviews, which I very much appreciated.

Saying that I had a bit of paint scratching around the arm joints after the first transform even with being incredibly careful.

As this is my first step into the DX is there a better replacement stand like the one posted above I can buy?

The above stand is the Bandai Action Base, and it only works for the 1/72 scale Model Kit version.

However, there are better stands available. Look up Yeti Stands (@ChaoticYeti makes them) or Flight Pose.

7 hours ago, Saviant said:

Welcome to the club sir! :drinks:

Sorry about the paint scratch. But yeah, that joint is really prone to scratching. What I do is somehow pull away the joint why I rotate away from that ‘potruding’ piece on the side of the shoulder wings. 

Anyways, you can check out @ChaoticYeti‘s stands on his website at YetiStand.com.

And again, welcome to MacrossWorld —where your wallet is going to be shot down literally. ^_^

3TgDovS.gif

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Welcome to the club sir! :drinks:

Sorry about the paint scratch. But yeah, that joint is really prone to scratching. What I do is somehow pull away the joint why I rotate away from that ‘potruding’ piece on the side of the shoulder wings. 

Anyways, you can check out @ChaoticYeti‘s stands on his website at YetiStand.com.

And again, welcome to MacrossWorld —where your wallet is going to be shot down literally. ^_^

3TgDovS.gif

My wallet is already not liking it, I got 3 Riobot Mospeada ride armor, a VF-31c and supers coming for it, and now looking at a  VF-31J :)

1 hour ago, mamboeidos said:

Famn I missed out on a vf-31j kai just by a meer 500yen .... The auction was closed at 23500yen. Feel like killing myself for that. Was actually prepare to go till 25kyen

At that price why not consider the 31000 yen at Mandarake? Closing an item at 25k might as well cost 27-29k yen before international shipping.

47 minutes ago, mamboeidos said:

Very true also. Like a few hundreds more yen for a brand new vf-31kai. But does NY one comes with the shipper box?

Also a used vf-31 n super part worth getting at 30 + k yen?

The Kai I got from NY last year came with the shipper box.

which 31 are you talking about at that price? That’s basically retail price so if it is in mint or near mint, it’s probably worth it.

16 hours ago, mechaninac said:

Finally got my VF-31C Super Parts today... after almost 5 weeks.  Man, SAL, even registered, can be fickle thing.  At least I can relax now; I was beginning to get worried.:mellow:

Mine are at least in the US, but still sitting in NY customs for a week.  (Chicago is my preferred port of entry---it's both closer, and they seem to be consistently faster than NY or LA) 

2 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

Mine are at least in the US, but still sitting in NY customs for a week.  (Chicago is my preferred port of entry---it's both closer, and they seem to be consistently faster than NY or LA) 

Here’s what I noticed depends on what shipping method I use. For EMS, it’s striaght to SF customs. Whereas if it’s SAL/Registered ECO, it’s LA.

Is it the same with you? If you choose EMS, it’s Chicago. And if it’s SAL, it’s NY or LA?

40 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

Hmmm, I’ll have to start paying more attention to if port-of-entry is related to shipping method.  

It is over on my end. All EMS shipments go through SF, whereas all SAL go through LA.

Edited by Sanity is Optional