10 hours ago, borgified said:

Hopefully that Chuck's 31E will look just as good as the model kit version that was shown awhile back. I take it that the Supers will be another welcomed addition as well. :)

I don't remember if the Supers was shown in conjunction with the radome during Operation Ragnarock. Can anyone verify that? 

MViAvQz_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Thanks @no3Ljm! I guess that you can also use you colour chart to verify which shade of yellow is used for Chuck's for any who are OCD about colour correctness.

Interestingly enough, I guess that someone (maybe on this thread?) as picked up both Messer's 31 (v.1) and the Supers that I mentioned about on a couple of posts back on Amiami. :good: 

4 minutes ago, seti88 said:

the radome is gonna have quite a seam line running across, since it folds when stored away..

unless bandai comes up with an ingenious solution like a radome attachment...

maybe that's why Chuck'll end-up being last? they haven't come up with a satisfactory way to do implement it?

I suspect so too. Have yet to see a physical model that actually transforms the radome from folded state.

in addition the radome diameter looks so wide that even when folded I think the height of the folded radome is going to pose ground clearance problems for the landing gears. I think there definitely needs to have radome attachments to also provide a neatly tucked away radome within the landing gear height.

Edited by seti88

19 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Best looking 31 Battroid mode so far, IMO! 

Agreed!! :wub:

13 minutes ago, wmkjr said:

Would've been cool if the gunpod's stripe was color matched. Great pics Saburo!

Thank you @wmkjr!  Yes, it would have been cool of the gunpods were color matched.  If was more confident in my modelling and painting skills I'll paint over the strip to match.

12 minutes ago, CrossAir said:

+1 (writing as I mount the VF-31C Supers :wub:)

:D

4 hours ago, seti88 said:

I suspect so too. Have yet to see a physical model that actually transforms the radome from folded state.

in addition the radome diameter looks so wide that even when folded I think the height of the folded radome is going to pose ground clearance problems for the landing gears. I think there definitely needs to have radome attachments to also provide a neatly tucked away radome within the landing gear height.

It'll be interesting if it sticks to the CGI model, but I think at least the folded depth shouldn't go much below the legs.

image.png.7ac799ac0380dfbfb390ab298d1618fb.png

image.png.6f43dee667401bcb9e31706bba56892d.png

image.png.9a0045cb160d863f71f5a1016d6b4354.png

31 minutes ago, Zx31 said:

It'll be interesting if it sticks to the CGI model, but I think at least the folded depth shouldn't go much below the legs.

image.png.9a0045cb160d863f71f5a1016d6b4354.png

And it's why the Radome is not circular. Though based on this snapshot, the outer radar rings that extends is somehow cut in half and it's resting on top of each other like a scissor. Maybe that's how it folds to make it more compact so that the size and depth doesn't go below the legs.

The outer rings are folded up and between the inner ring so that they are tucked away into a smaller package when stowed. The inner ring folds down flat, then the outer rings fold away from each other then flatten out into a circle before expanding into the radome array.

Edited by Zx31

Honestly, I hope that regardless of what solution they make for the folding radome, they have it be detachable and also include a one-piece radome.

At that point I'd just pop on the permanently-deployed radome and call it a day.

Edited by Duymon

11 hours ago, Saburo said:

Mirage's VF-31C
27518755437_638378ce39_h.jpg

41665432584_b54e734387_h.jpg

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand now I just bought a set of supers...

The 31C (super) is definitely the -31 that's going to end up in permanent battroid display, no doubt in my mind that it's the best looking battroid of the bunch. Hayate's lame VF-31J can be the fighter-mode one.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

4 minutes ago, Zx31 said:

My uneducated guess is Chuck orders go up after whatever option parts they offer for Arad

I have a feeling something else will be slotted in before that. With 5 initial variations of the 31 I figured Bandai wouldn’t try to push it with extra variations except the Kai and a which I figured would come out at the end but this is a whole new level of crazy. The new f doesn’t bug me but release after the first 5.

11 hours ago, seti88 said:

The red tipped missiles were made for mirage! :wub:

And headsculpt came out superb in the photos, nice shot saburo.

Thanks @seti88

11 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Superb photos once again, @Saburo! :good: ;)

Hope you don't mind my quick VF-31C Hikaru Custom. ^_^

Thanks @no3Ljm and I don't mind.  I naturally assume that you will work your PS magic on my shots. ;)

3 hours ago, Shukenzero said:

Amazing work as usual dude! Don’t need to take out the parts for mine hehe

@Shukenzero thank you!  Glad I could help keep your toys mint. :D

2 hours ago, slide said:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand now I just bought a set of supers...

My job is done. :D :lol:

Hey all, looooong time lurker here, just thought I should throw my tiny bit of news in the pile for anyone still waiting on Nippon-Yasan to fill -31A orders.

My N-Y order, #488874, a single VF-31A ordered at 00:28 on 10/07, finally moved from "Pre-order - Payment OK" to "Preparation in Progress" a few hours ago. So, uh, keep hope alive, I guess?

Now if only I could justify paying more money for a new outfit for my jet man doll than I would pay for a set of clothes that I could wear myself...