Well they do throw in a helmet less hayate, tho not sure if messer is included.

So the count now is 5 walkure valks + the 31j Kai + the 31f lil draken version + the 31a (03 version) = 8 vf-31 variants to collect for those who want to complete the delta 31 collection at this point.

potentially the 31a arad and 31a (02 version) would make it 10 vf-31 variants to collect for a complete collection!

muahahah *insert the Sesame Street count laugh and thunder here* 

Well the DX 31 is indeed a wonderfully engineered valk, so that's 10 times the enjoyment!

besides this can't match the number of vf-1 variants in the macross verse...

Edited by seti88

Welp. I'm happy to save more money on these DX reissues. I don't need the VF-31J Kai or the modified VF-31F. 

I could be tempted to pick up the VF-31S on release day if the armor parts set is a real thing. The VF-31E, if it's ever given an official release date, would be nice too. Not to mention the rest of the SH Figuarts Walkure team. :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, seti88 said:

welcoming the breathing space messer provides! :D 
with arad in july, isamu in September and messer in October, bandai is working overtime on 1/60 DX'es.

Chuck might be in Jan next year?

Or maybe they're working overtime for the vaporware DX 1/35 VF-1J? :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, RealJayDee said:

This vf reissuing is becoming nonsense.... 

I can "understand" the premium finish offerings and vf-yf using same molds, and a whole squad of the same toy with different colors and head... but buying a new jet because it has holes on the upper wing for the ghost??? 

Glad for those who missed the  first and now can get one and those who will get both.

But to me it is a very cheap move.

It's not nonsense if you think about it. :rolleyes: Why? Like you said, it benefits people who missed the first time around and for people who just starting to collect. And also for those who wants another one. That cheap move really works if you ask me because Bandai knows people are buying it. (It's probably why we're not going to see the Elvis Draken since the Draken figure didn't do that much.) 

It's a good strategy if you think about. And for some, including me, it's a good time for our wallet to sit back and relax during this reissue/rerelease periods. Don't you agree? ;) 

38 minutes ago, F360 said:

Bandai is isnt even finish with the main group 5, and is already milking...  my poor wallet .  I’ll probably skip this one.

Me too. Since I really don't feel how the Draken looks on a VF-31's. My wallet can have a breather. :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, Shukenzero said:

I’m with you on that one! Can’t wait for even supers on the Kairos.

Seeing as how mirage's set just came out, i hope that the 31a set is just pending an announcement soon.

5 hours ago, wmkjr said:

It was shown the middle of a group of them doing a left bank. Vf-31A.jpg.abdd5fc376dfd85609e9a7b02b500246.jpg

Thanks for the reminder of a potential 31A display idea! i didnt take the non-arad 01 A into account.

So its..

the 31a arad, + 31a (02 version) and the 31a (01 plain version) = 11 potential vf-31 variants to collect for a complete collection!

muahahah

Count-Sesame-Street-1.jpg.f31ef5ab4dcf25dc37674fd446e5b9aa.jpg

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

It's not nonsense if you think about it. :rolleyes: Why? Like you said, it benefits people who missed the first time around and for people who just starting to collect. And also for those who wants another one. That cheap move really works if you ask me because Bandai knows people are buying it. (It's probably why we're not going to see the Elvis Draken since the Draken figure didn't do that much.) 

It's a good strategy if you think about. And for some, including me, it's a good time for our wallet to sit back and relax during this reissue/rerelease periods. Don't you agree? ;) 

Me too. Since I really don't feel how the Draken looks on a VF-31's. My wallet can have a breather. :rolleyes:

haha a 1/35 vf-1j would be a wallet demolisher! cant even fanthom the price...

But was the recent teased DX 1J at TN 2017 a potential release too? that wasn't the 1/35 but a 1/60 scale vf-1j right?

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Yup , instead of this , i already put money on the metal build Aegis lookalike.  

I missed (or really passed on) the first vf-31f.  I'll be passing on this one as well, I'm only interested in the vf-31S, and that is largely due to the potential armor.

At this point everyone should know (unless you are brand new) that macross toy production is all about milking molds to the point of saturation, and getting the same suckers whales, enthusiasts to buy essentially the same thing over and over again.  That is just the nature of this particular beast.

If you don't like that the companies do it, don't support them by buying their merch.  Or just pass on the releases that you feel are overly abusive/money-grubbing, and I wager you'll be a lot less upset about them in the long run.  You'll live, I promise.  Just something I learned from the video game hobby; I don't really get pissed off at all the crappy things video game publishers do if I just don't engage with those particular products.

As always, let your wallet do the talking.

1 hour ago, HardlyNever said:

I missed (or really passed on) the first vf-31f.  I'll be passing on this one as well, I'm only interested in the vf-31S, and that is largely due to the potential armor.

At this point everyone should know (unless you are brand new) that macross toy production is all about milking molds to the point of saturation, and getting the same suckers whales, enthusiasts to buy essentially the same thing over and over again.  That is just the nature of this particular beast.

If you don't like that the companies do it, don't support them by buying their merch.  Or just pass on the releases that you feel are overly abusive/money-grubbing, and I wager you'll be a lot less upset about them in the long run.  You'll live, I promise.  Just something I learned from the video game hobby; I don't really get pissed off at all the crappy things video game publishers do if I just don't engage with those particular products.

As always, let your wallet do the talking.

That said, I was a bit of disappointed when they did not milk the YF-30 mould with the variants from the game

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I'm just pissed that with all these VF-31s so far, there's only the one pod (plus maaaaybe Chuck's radar pod). I know I'd buy the hell out of a super-pack that came with alternates.

Hell yeah I'd buy optional pod sets!

2 hours ago, yman1437 said:

Come on...They want me to rebuy the valk so that the wing can bend down?

no, they want you to buy it so you can get the clips to add the Lil' Drakens to any VF-31...:D

9 hours ago, Guyffon said:

That said, I was a bit of disappointed when they did not milk the YF-30 mould with the variants from the game

I was about to say this. Also, they haven’t done anything else with the VF-27 mold either, just Brera and Grace. 

25 minutes ago, Sildani said:

I was about to say this. Also, they haven’t done anything else with the VF-27 mold either, just Brera and Grace. 

10 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Molds and designs are really goddamn expensive, they'd be idiots not to use them as much as possible.

Even though it's not "on-screen canon" I was really hoping/waiting for movie-style super parts for the V2 Grace VF-27.  All they would have had to do is inject some grey plastic into the mold, and sell them in uncolored boxes as a Tamashii exclusive again.  

And as mentioned----ANY of the YF-30 repaints from the game.  Which would have also lead to an awesome VF-27:

VF-27Reelon.jpg(and another chance to sell some more super-parts)

26 minutes ago, borgified said:

@Saburo: That's the reason why I decided to get Mirage's 31c and the upcoming Supers as the Magenta makes it pop out more than the others. Not a big fan of the others (to each their own).. ;)

Same for me. The Magenta makes Mirage's VF-31C an eye catcher and the VF-31J looks much more like a toy to me. For now I would say I'm through with the VF31. Maybe I change my mind when Chuck's VF-31E will get reality.

Besides: My VF-31C Super Parts have been delivered. Unfortunately at my mother's house so I have to collect them the next days. But luckily this time the shipment went through customs without paying extra taxes and fees :ph34r::D. Nearly for all items from outside the EU I had to pay tax and go and collect 'em at my local customs office this year - Really annoying!

1 hour ago, CrossAir said:

Same for me. The Magenta makes Mirage's VF-31C an eye catcher and the VF-31J looks much more like a toy to me. For now I would say I'm through with the VF31. Maybe I change my mind when Chuck's VF-31E will get reality.

Besides: My VF-31C Super Parts have been delivered. Unfortunately at my mother's house so I have to collect them the next days. But luckily this time the shipment went through customs without paying extra taxes and fees :ph34r::D. Nearly for all items from outside the EU I had to pay tax and go and collect 'em at my local customs office this year - Really annoying!

Why it’s unfortunate? Atleast you get to visit your mom, right? :rolleyes:

Anyways congrats to everyone who got theirs. :good: Still waiting for the 28th as per NY’s email. 

13 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Why it’s unfortunate? Atleast you get to visit your mom, right? :rolleyes:

Anyways congrats to everyone who got theirs. :good: Still waiting for the 28th as per NY’s email. 

Unfortunate only as I can't put the Supers on the VF-31C right away. Visiting my mom means getting good lunch ;).

Funny thing, my super parts came from NY, too. I also got that email concerning the 28th but right afterwards the mail with "preparation in progress" came in. The pre-order handling at NY seems to be a mystery :blink:

Hopefully that Chuck's 31E will look just as good as the model kit version that was shown awhile back. I take it that the Supers will be another welcomed addition as well. :)

I don't remember if the Supers was shown in conjunction with the radome during Operation Ragnarock. Can anyone verify that? 

8 hours ago, borgified said:

Hopefully that Chuck's 31E will look just as good as the model kit version that was shown awhile back. I take it that the Supers will be another welcomed addition as well. :)

I don't remember if the Supers was shown in conjunction with the radome during Operation Ragnarock. Can anyone verify that? 

Hopefully they make the radome oval shaped and not circular.