27 minutes ago, Matt Random said:

Hmm, I'm thinking I need to stop reading this thread until I finish up the last four episodes of Delta.

Your ok, the bit of the VF-31 with the draken and the mirage 282 is from the movie, not the series.

Ah damnit. Not a huge fan of the Lil Draken gimmick, but I do kinda regret not picking up a 31F to eventually kit out with a Xigfrid speaker module. But then I have to decide whether I want to get the SPs before demand goes up or whether I'll live with the Lil Drakens.

Where is the 31E? That was going to be the second and final Delta VF I bought, and I've already bought 4 and considering a 5th now! ;^_^

Bandai should’ve released something to clip onto existing 31Fs. Total BS as it screws people who bought the first one.

I get there are version 2.0s, but even the Seven Sword Blaster II has two options to include 1.0 buyers. They could’ve done something, and perhaps not the best solution but maybe adapters for existing owners. I dunno, will definitely skip as it’s too minor and the show didn’t do anything for me...well except for the toys haha. Still more excited for Armoured Parts.  

Edited by Shukenzero

3 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Excellent photos @Saburo

+1

My Supers are now in transit. Originally planned to leave the VF-31C in Fighter Mode for ever. But damn, by looking at those pics I feel the urge to display the 31C in Battroid Mode once the Super Parts have arrived. So Messer has to go back to Fighter :p

7 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I should have just waited to purchase my second copy. I ended up purchasing more at inflated prices and I regret it. They’re just sitting in a closet lol; this whole experience has me questioning my sanity :bigshok:

You can try and sell your extras at $280 shipped. For sure lot of people here, including me, will buy it in a heartbeat. :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, Kinzoku VF said:

Anyone contacted NY this month regarding their 31A orders? Seems that only 2 or 3 were shipped in May, and obviously nothing whatsoever regarding that BS May stock (that now has magically transformed into a June BS, and probably a July one after that..<_<). 

Anyway, was just curious to see if their replies had changed since March.

Just for your amusement. ^_^ I tried contacting them a few days ago and I just got what others received which is I can cancel my order and they will give me store credit since they can't return it to Paypal anymore reply. That's it. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Shukenzero said:

Bandai should’ve released something to clip onto existing 31Fs. Total BS as it screws people who bought the first one.

I get there are version 2.0s, but even the Seven Sword Blaster II has two options to include 1.0 buyers. They could’ve done something, and perhaps not the best solution but maybe adapters for existing owners. I dunno, will definitely skip as it’s too minor and the show didn’t do anything for me...well except for the toys haha. Still more excited for Armoured Parts.  

I'm not screwed since I don't like that version. Hehehe. More money saved for me. I rather wait for the Armored Parts and VF-31E if ever that one comes in fruition. Besides, how the VF-31F lands with that LilDraken is that I want to know? ^_^ 

8 hours ago, Kinzoku VF said:

Anyone contacted NY this month regarding their 31A orders? Seems that only 2 or 3 were shipped in May, and obviously nothing whatsoever regarding that BS May stock (that now has magically transformed into a June BS, and probably a July one after that..<_<). 

Anyway, was just curious to see if their replies had changed since March.

I didsend another enquiry and this time I got the same message about getting store credit as my payment was too old, which I replied that their store redit was worthless with all their BS caveats, and rather just wait for the toy if it ever comes

11 hours ago, funkymonkeyjavajunky said:

What guarantee is there that they can deliver on these preorders?

There isn't any.  What it is is a new listing by an established seller in Japan that apparently thinks they will be able to fill orders for 4 of them in June.  The implication is that there is some information we aren't privy to that makes this individual think Bandai will fill their order in that timeframe.  As I've said from the beginning of this debacle, the one piece of the puzzle we are missing is what Bandai is telling their direct buyers.  I'm of the opinion that if there was no hope at all, even NY would have had no choice but to cancel all the preorders outright.  The fact they are offering store credit to those who inquire shows that this option has always been on the table for them.

51 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

NY Just sent me an email, my VF-31A Kairos is preparing to ship.

okay-its-happening-everyone-stay-calm.jp

Order # 488864, Ordered on 10/7.

*GASP* this is the first 10/7 preorder shipment on here... will they get to my 10/7 9am order within the next couple of weeks??!

5 hours ago, rdrunner said:

*GASP* this is the first 10/7 preorder shipment on here... will they get to my 10/7 9am order within the next couple of weeks??!

Well, my order was 10/7 at midnight+7minutes, so probably a couple weeks. :D

edit: Has now been shipped. Exactly 2 months after the projected NY Release date of 3/24.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

3 hours ago, Guyffon said:

I didsend another enquiry and this time I got the same message about getting store credit as my payment was too old, which I replied that their store redit was worthless with all their BS caveats, and rather just wait for the toy if it ever comes

I got the same reply as well except this time, they didn't make any mention of stock or if they're trying to get more.

Edit: I pressed them for more info and they've reiterated that they still don't know when they'll be getting stock.

Edited by neoexcaliber

I can't believe it! I got a notification from NY today but I thought it were the supers. So one of the two Kairos's sets I order to NY is on its way. First order was placed 10/6 and the second (not yet shipped) on 10/26

Screenshot from 2018-05-23 22-33-29.png

Edited by linitrofe

45 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Well, my order was 10/7 at 7am, so probably a couple weeks. :D

edit: Has now been shipped. Exactly 2 months after the projected NY Release date of 3/24.

That’s really encouraging to see two new shipment notifications today, after, what, 4 weeks since the last one?

13 hours ago, Guyffon said:

Anyone wants to try this shop?

https://www.sgshop.com/taobao/tao-bao/details?tbid=559988426014&cid=124484008&sptitle=截单+万代+魂限定+DX超合金+超时空要塞+VF-31A+一般机+卡洛斯机

Heard the reviews are bad with slow shipping and what not, but if they really got VF-31As at that price, and it eventually comes....

When I went to its original taobao page, the listing is no longer available so just take note.

3 hours ago, rdrunner said:

Unless I missed someone along the way, by my count that makes three 10/7 orders fulfilled. 

• Sanity is Optional
  • Scyla
  • and me

Looking forward to you joining the lucky 7 club,  rdrunner and Guyffon. ;)

1 hour ago, eXis10z said:

When I went to its original taobao page, the listing is no longer available so just take note.

Thanks for the heads up.

my order was created 10-7 at 00:40:52... so I gotta be close in this queue right? PPPPLLEAASE?

Thats funny, by right you should have had yours fulfilled 1st.

Edited by Guyffon

As much as I like to consolidate my orders, the lesson learnt from this ordeal is

1. PO immediately when it is open so that your order will technically be fulfilled first

2. Order only 1 piece at a time (though overall you pay more for shipping) because they will almost certainly (99%) fulfill the single orders first.

36 minutes ago, CharlesXavier said:

As much as I like to consolidate my orders, the lesson learnt from this ordeal is

1. PO immediately when it is open so that your order will technically be fulfilled first

2. Order only 1 piece at a time (though overall you pay more for shipping) because they will almost certainly (99%) fulfill the single orders first.

how was the savings for other region or shipping method? With the rate I am getting, it is actually very small savings if I would consolidate and NY ends up using improvised boxes to fit a certain orders which ended up creating corner dents on my 3 VF-1J miria as compared to other orders I have before with single orders I had before.

36 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

how was the savings for other region or shipping method? With the rate I am getting, it is actually very small savings if I would consolidate and NY ends up using improvised boxes to fit a certain orders which ended up creating corner dents on my 3 VF-1J miria as compared to other orders I have before with single orders I had before.

I usually order 2-3 of the web exclusives from NY. If I were to ship them individually, I would have to pay easily 50-100% more versus shipping them in 1 shipment. And that's around 3-5k Yen.

1 hour ago, CharlesXavier said:

2. Order only 1 piece at a time (though overall you pay more for shipping) because they will almost certainly (99%) fulfill the single orders first.that

the self sustaining cycle of pre-order madness. :D

21 minutes ago, mamboeidos said:

is the additional cost on top of the item price when ordering through fromjapan?

tempted to get but worried that with all the additional charges, a good deal also becomes a bad one

Yes. It’s the fee you pay for using their service.