On 5/22/2018 at 7:10 AM, borgified said:

Mirage's Supers are up for bids on Fromjapan/Buyee for those didn't make a pre-order.. For those who are waiting for their own copies to arrive, just wait patiently and you'll get it soon. :) 

just got mine under 9k for a used one

13 hours ago, rdrunner said:

Thanks very much, right now I have two detolfs and use the dioder strip lights tied to the sides of the metal frame vertically (if you know what I mean), but still seems a little dark to me, so I may have to reconfigure them the way you did.

I love the way you have organized your collection and it feels spacious and uncluttered.  Mine is an overcrowded glass prison right now, where everybody has to stand up to occupy the least amount of space available, LOL.

Thanks @rdrunner, when I had first setup my Detolfs i packed each cshelf, but decided less was more so I took out all the TFs displayed them in bookselves and the Valks remained in the cases.  :)

Just now, borgified said:

@mamboeidos: Have you tried other Japanese store sites like Jungle, NY and others (or you prefer to stick with Manda)?

did look at the other sites but all the price r in the range of 27k++

not sure if its due to the release of the super parts that caused the price of VF-31C to increase

1 minute ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Quick use of the google translate app says it's Hayate flying the plane, and it's a new version with re-designed wing so it can fold down, and has clips to attach Lil' Drakkens (sold separately).

So they expect us to buy an entirely new plane just because the wings are new?

There is another Chogokin DX listing beneath it, but it could just be the YF-19.

Are they re-releasing Lil Drakens at all?

If not, then this has to be the biggest double dick move by Bandai.

1. Existing VF-31F owners will have no chance of attaching Lil Drakens, since they didn't opt to release new add on sets that would be compatible.

2. New buyers of this Hayate piloted VF-31F(has new pilot fig) will have to scavenge Keith's Lil Drakens at rape prices.

But yeah, they did the same with the VF-31J Kai expecting people to scavenge the rare super parts.

This re-release is almost like a straight reissue, but mostly unwelcomed unlike the YF-19.

Give us a VF-31A with Armored Pack compatible ports and pegs. This release is similar to rereleasing Robot Damashii Unicorn Gundam with the ports for the full armor pack.

Edited by calubin_175

Yeah if what is translated is true, then the lil drakens sets are gonna be in demand.

*Start conspiracy theory:
If lildraken sets are bought, for those who didnt get a 262, they might be influenced to utilize the shield and sword and get a 262. 
Seeing as the 262 wasnt selling as fast, one wonders if perhaps bandai had a hand in influencing the movie to add the drakens to messer.

*end conspiracy theory

Of course if bandai does release a seperate lil draken set without shield, then that theory is out.

Seeing how they didnt release a blue fast pack when the 31J kai was released, then possibility of a separate lil draken set might be slim.

Edited by seti88

4 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Yeah if what is translated is true, then the lil drakens sets are gonna be in demand.

*Start conspiracy theory:
If lildraken sets are bought, for those who didnt get a 262, they might be influenced to utilize the shield and sword and get a 262. 
Seeing as the 262 wasnt selling as fast, one wonders if perhaps bandai had a hand in influencing the movie to add the drakens to messer.

*end conspiracy theory

I still don't get why Bandai would have an interest in the sales of a p-bandai item already released. Resellers will have them, but it is not like they would ask Bandai for rebates if they don't sell lol.

Your interpretation may be correct for those who already own Sv-262 and the Lil Drakens, but the new VF-31F will only boost the sales of the aftermarket Lil Drakens, which should not affect Bandai at all.

How about we get Mirage's Sv-262 with Lil Drakens?

Edited by calubin_175

1 minute ago, calubin_175 said:

I still don't get why Bandai has an interest in the sales of a p-bandai item already released. Resellers will have them, but it is not like that they would ask Bandai for rebates lol.

Your interpretation may be correct for those who already own Sv-262 and the Lil Drakens, but the new VF-31F will only boost the sales of the aftermarket Lil Drakens, which should not affect Bandai at all.

How about we get Mirage's Sv-262 with Lil Drakens?

I think its more of perhaps clearing the 262 DX stock since the existing lil draken sets have kieth's 262 sword and shield.
Before mirage i think everyone is waiting for the elvis valk tho... ^_^...

This isn’t mine, eBay pre-sale for vf-31a:

https://m.ebay.com/itm/BANDAI-DX-Chogokin-Macross-Delta-VF-31A-KAIROS-general-equipment/282895390491?hash=item41dde1171b:g:eUEAAOSw6jNas3JQ

“Pre-sale” $335 plus shipping, ships June. 

3 already sold, 1 left.

Edited by spacemanoeuvres

24 minutes ago, raziel03 said:

This is very encouraging!

Sold! Did someone on here buy it?

There was another sold yesterday for $320 shipped. Screaming deals, for eBay anyway lol

4 minutes ago, funkymonkeyjavajunky said:

What guarantee is there that they can deliver on these preorders?

There is no guarantee; even if you preordered 8 months ago from a relatively reputable seller (cough frakk you NY). 

We know that a couple Chinese buyers/sellers were posting stacks of VF-31A in shipper boxes a couple weeks ago. It seems like these stacks may be making their way to the secondary market. eBay, of all places, has sold two pieces for under $400 in the last couple days. Someone recently bought a used copy on yahoo auctions for ~$350 plus shipping.

So it seems like there is maybe, sort of, kind of, a sliver of hope to secure one at a reasonable price in the near future. 

I should have just waited to purchase my second copy. I ended up purchasing more at inflated prices and I regret it. They’re just sitting in a closet lol; this whole experience has me questioning my sanity :bigshok:

Anyone wants to try this shop?

https://www.sgshop.com/taobao/tao-bao/details?tbid=559988426014&cid=124484008&sptitle=截单+万代+魂限定+DX超合金+超时空要塞+VF-31A+一般机+卡洛斯机

Heard the reviews are bad with slow shipping and what not, but if they really got VF-31As at that price, and it eventually comes....

Edited by Guyffon

Anyone contacted NY this month regarding their 31A orders? Seems that only 2 or 3 were shipped in May, and obviously nothing whatsoever regarding that BS May stock (that now has magically transformed into a June BS, and probably a July one after that..<_<). 

Anyway, was just curious to see if their replies had changed since March.

20 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Can you post a picture of your setup? I was planning on going with a vertical light setup like that in one of my cabinets.

I’m actually embarrassed to post a pic of my messy detolf setup, but just to show the effects of a vertical light setting, here it is... 

A7AA314A-58DD-490F-89E1-7B671C6CF798.thumb.jpeg.affccf8799a52e35a265c0baa0e37aca.jpeg

5 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

I’m actually embarrassed to post a pic of my messy detolf setup, but just to show the effects of a vertical light setting, here it is... 

A7AA314A-58DD-490F-89E1-7B671C6CF798.thumb.jpeg.affccf8799a52e35a265c0baa0e37aca.jpeg

Thanks! Is it the angle deceiving me or does it look like the lights are aimed away from the figures, or at least not closer to a 45 degree angle in towards the case? If so, I think that and the lack of another set of lights on the left side is a big part of the problem. I like that the lights are mostly hidden behind the bar. 

As as for the lil Draken set...here's another possibility: The existing set is incompatible with the new 31F and you have to buy a new version with a slightly different attachment for it to work. :vava:

Edited by Slave IV

My assumption is that this release will be the same as the previous 31F, but replace the two figures with helmet-less Hayate and add in two Lil'Draken adaptors. "Maybe" reaction missiles with clips as a bonus for anyone with the super parts. You then use your current Lil'Drakens or Mirage's if they release her 262 and add-on set.

Edited by Zx31