2 hours ago, CharlesXavier said:

Official release date is 16 May. 2 days from now.

Let's hope there's no drama from NY for this one.

I hadn’t even thought about this lol

I only ordered one set from NY. If they don’t deliver I will be so disappointed :cray:

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 1:17 PM, borgified said:

@rdrunner: You know that FigInstock is not is business anymore. The other option is to use Distill Web monitor plug in for your Japanese Toy Fixes in which @Sanity is Optional left a link the "FigInStock to be Shutdown" thread.

Edit: Here's the link for us who are tired of doing searches - https://distill.io/

Thanks very much for the link, it's too bad that things didn't quite work out for FigInStock...

1 hour ago, borgified said:

I'll be hunting down a copy of Mirage's Supers when either NY [<_<] or Manda gets their stock in plus one of the Banpresto Mirage figures (all thanks to @Saburo's enablement on the Macross Figures thread). :D

Well, you have to admit, a Valkyrie is not complete without their Supers. I mean, a lot of people already said that VF-31A Kairos already looks good on its own, but they still try to fit it with VF-31F Super Packs. So yeah, Valkyrie needs their own Supers. Period. ^_^

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Well, you have to admit, a Valkyrie is not complete without their Supers. I mean, a lot of people already said that VF-31A Kairos already looks good on its own, but they still try to fit it with VF-31F Super Packs. So yeah, Valkyrie needs their own Supers. Period. ^_^

I just ordered a Messer VF-31F last week and have been toying with the idea of getting a set of super parts before it's too late (well I am already too late, but still). Seen some on Mandarake for 13k Yen but haven't researched enough to know what the current "fair" price point is.

Haven't yet watched the show so don't know if super parts were prominent in the anime, but having watched a few episodes of Frontier, I now understand why the renewal Ozma armor parts command such a premium in the market now...

8 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I hadn’t even thought about this lol

I only ordered one set from NY. If they don’t deliver I will be so disappointed :cray:

I don't think we have seen any new 31A shipping notices from anyone on the forum since end of April?  The last shipment was for orders made on 10/6 IIRC.

53 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

I just ordered a Messer VF-31F last week and have been toying with the idea of getting a set of super parts before it's too late (well I am already too late, but still). Seen some on Mandarake for 13k Yen but haven't researched enough to know what the current "fair" price point is.

Haven't yet watched the show so don't know if super parts were prominent in the anime, but having watched a few episodes of Frontier, I now understand why the renewal Ozma armor parts command such a premium in the market now...

Actually, that is somehow the fair price for those Super Packs. Well, except for Hayate's which is now way above Y15000.

51 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

I don't think we have seen any new 31A shipping notices from anyone on the forum since end of April?  The last shipment was for orders made on 10/6 IIRC.

Yeah. No updates from NY. So it's hard not to think if the rumors are true for some stocks coming in based on some Twitter posts weeks ago.

53 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Actually, that is somehow the fair price for those Super Packs. Well, except for Hayate's which is now way above Y15000.

Yeah. No updates from NY. So it's hard not to think if the rumors are true for some stocks coming in based on some Twitter posts weeks ago.

Fingers crossed I will not change my mind about skipping the 31J years down the road... but for now if I can get my 31A from NY and the 31F which is already on its way by EMS, I will be quite happy.

2 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Fingers crossed I will not change my mind about skipping the 31J years down the road... but for now if I can get my 31A from NY and the 31F which is already on its way by EMS, I will be quite happy.

Well, that's the scary part there. When you get happy. Because once you do... you will be upset why you skipped the 31J's. :rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Thanks.  It shipped from them on 4/23 through Eco SAL.

Was it a mysterious no-account update shipping, or did they e-mail you in April?  (I'm still waiting and hoping for my PO)

2 hours ago, CharlesXavier said:

Saw a local Singapore listing of pre-order for the 31A at USD435. Stocks arriving in June. Perhaps the mid May batch is really happening.

Let’s hope that this is true. So that people can get it a little bit cheaper than the price it’s going for nowadays.

11 hours ago, dur said:

Was it a mysterious no-account update shipping, or did they e-mail you in April?  (I'm still waiting and hoping for my PO)

They emailed me in April when it was preparation in progress and when it shipped.

9 hours ago, F360 said:

Wow! I got into 1/60 valks collecting a little late so Ive had to pay a little extra for past releases (*stares at armored vf 25s...) so I know the feeling of being crushed by resellers prices.

Anyhow... supply / demand, so no hard feelings.

Its funny how the market moves... 31a kairos goes up, 31j and kai go down...

IMO we are not in the hobby business, but the futures market!

1 hour ago, RealJayDee said:

Wow! I got into 1/60 valks collecting a little late so Ive had to pay a little extra for past releases (*stares at armored vf 25s...) so I know the feeling of being crushed by resellers prices.

Anyhow... supply / demand, so no hard feelings.

Its funny how the market moves... 31a kairos goes up, 31j and kai go down...

IMO we are not in the hobby business, but the futures market!

Sometimes I do wonder what drives up the value of a new release in the long term, but if I can predict the market (including the second hand market of Macross toy collections), I probably won't be doing my day job anymore LOL!

47 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Sometimes I do wonder what drives up the value of a new release in the long term, but if I can predict the market (including the second hand market of Macross toy collections), I probably won't be doing my day job anymore LOL!

Lately, almost every DX (yes, with some exceptions) have eventually gone up. Most Arcadia releases go up, except in case of a re-release. I remember selling an Alto YF-29 with armor for over $500, then literally without any notice, a second release was announced right after. Then I think there was a smaller 3rd, but I can't remember. your best bet is to always get in early if possible, which seems to be harder these days. Macross has made a bit of an increase in popularity for all series with every new series. Truly, a rising tide floats all boats.

In regards to the news of a possible new stock of these coming in, I certainly hope so. I thought of backing out because I can use the money, but having one and being able to resell it later isn't a bad 2nd option if I get to that.

Edited by Jasonc

9 minutes ago, Jasonc said:

Lately, almost every DX (yes, with some exceptions) have eventually gone up. Most Arcadia releases go up, except in case of a re-release. I remember selling an Alto YF-29 with armor for over $500, then literally without any notice, a second release was announced right after. Then I think there was a smaller 3rd, but I can't remember. your best bet is to always get in early if possible, which seems to be harder these days. Macross has made a bit of an increase in popularity for all series with every new series. Truly, a rising tide floats all boats.

In regards to the news of a possible new stock of these coming in, I certainly hope so. I thought of backing out because I can use the money, but having one and being able to resell it later isn't a bad 2nd option if I get to that.

The increase in popularity is a good thing for all of us because that should drive up production volumes of future new toys, and maintain a healthy second-hand market for older designs.  It would be really good if there is enough demand in the market for Arcadia/Bandai to revisit the VF-1 and other earlier valk designs (VF-4, VF-11, etc), just like what Bandai did recently for the revamped YF-19.

19 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Let’s hope that this is true. So that people can get it a little bit cheaper than the price it’s going for nowadays.

21 hours ago, CharlesXavier said:

Saw a local Singapore listing of pre-order for the 31A at USD435. Stocks arriving in June. Perhaps the mid May batch is really happening.

In case anyone is still interested, the seller informed me that this coming stock is from the May batch.

23 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

My ebay seller came through with my pre-order.

Just showed up today, was shipped late last week.

Nice! :good: I’m waiting for mine as well.

55 minutes ago, CharlesXavier said:

In case anyone is still interested, the seller informed me that this coming stock is from the May batch.

Out of curiosity. Would this sellers still sell it for MSRP or with a marked up price?

10 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Nice! :good: I’m waiting for mine as well.

Out of curiosity. Would this sellers still sell it for MSRP or with a marked up price?

It's being listed at marked up, USD435 as Charles mentioned earlier.

Everything is going up in prices except our salary. :ph34r:

Edited by eXis10z

1 minute ago, eXis10z said:

It's being listed at marked up, USD435 as Charles mentioned earlier.

Everything is going up in prices except for our salary. :ph34r:

Oh. Sorry, I missed that part. So distributors are already selling it marked up to these sellers. Is that correct? Or Bandai already charging for more? Because afaik, this is not an official Bandai announced batch releases, right?

7 hours ago, rdrunner said:

Hahaha! Indeed!!!

It is funny how the delta's show reception was like meeeeh... however when the dx  vf 31j got released everybody wanted one and price went up...same with the 31f... some because the engineering is top notch, others for completionist purposes, either way hype was high. Then the trend started to change and the 31c  did not sell out as quickly, and then 31f stock somehow became available close to msrp.

31 kai was madness and now after the lottery fiasco there are some avilable also close to msrp!

My thinking is that after the hype and rush, people is now realizing "what have I done?! I dont even like delta that much!" Even worse when the kairos is stupidly expensive and is the coolest looking valk because of the military scheme and ordinance. My guess is that in the near future most collectors will only keep one 31 and sell the rest of the squad.

For the next year I think the 31 variants (except kairos and armored 31s) will be vailable at reasonable prices... and then when stock will be low... they will rise up until theyre all gone.

The opposite happens when the show was good and the valk is great (vf 0s 0d, vf 1, vf 4g, yf 29, vf 11, yf 19, yf 30, vf 19, armored vf 25).

But u never know for sure xD

54 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Oh. Sorry, I missed that part. So distributors are already selling it marked up to these sellers. Is that correct? Or Bandai already charging for more? Because afaik, this is not an official Bandai announced batch releases, right?

No, it's the resellers who are selling at the marked price. 

Let's say bandai delivered the stocks to the seller, the price is still the same 23k yen. It's up to the reseller how much he wants to sell.

And as long as the market is not flooded, the price will remind high in the range of 48k yen.

Keeping fingers crossed that the PO from NY comes through.

7 minutes ago, CharlesXavier said:

No, it's the resellers who are selling at the marked price. 

Let's say bandai delivered the stocks to the seller, the price is still the same 23k yen. It's up to the reseller how much he wants to sell.

And as long as the market is not flooded, the price will remind high in the range of 48k yen.

Keeping fingers crossed that the PO from NY comes through.

but from the looks of things. this maybe May batch from the local seller does not look like a direct TWE Bandai distribution. 

This looks more like the local dealer was able to get some from a backdoor salesmans or something.

A good hint will be no brown TWE shippers box