It just easier to stay with N-Y. Sad but true. Ends up working out good for N-Y though. 

Its funny, while this 31A stuff is going on, I managed to snag 2 vf-31j Kais. I ordered one then I mulled over getting another which I finally caved a week later. Another week goes by, the valk goes out of stock and a get a shipping notice for the second order. Then it occurs to me that I don't remember getting notified of the first one getting shipped. I go check my order back and sure enough, not shipped. I send them a message asking whats up. I get a response back saying they are so sorry but they are still waiting on stock. I'm like you had stock for like 2 weeks and didn't ship my first one. Then literally an hour later, the valk is back in stock (with no additional markup) and I get a notification that my item has shipped.

Kind of makes you wonder whats going on behind the scenes. If they didn't have enough why did they continue selling it? Why did my second order go through if they didn't have enough. Seems like they are taking orders hoping they will be able to get them through other channels. If that's the case I wouldn't want to work there. It must be stressful.

Edited by Sandman

Nippon yasan didnt have enough Kairos and because i paid with paypal they say they cannot give me a refund and instead gave me a voucher, this is unacceptable and should be seen as a shady pratice. 

i want to spend they money on the figure and because of their fiasco i havent been able to secure one.

Their customer service is bouncing me around and arent willing to help me.

I brought the issue to the attention of Paypal.

My advice, dont use paypal for preorders, use your credit card, as i believe the credit card company could go after nippon yasan for non delivered items.

I hope this gets resolved but as of right now i cannot recommend nippon yasan as my experience with this has been terrible so far.

1 minute ago, pteroleo said:

Nippon yasan didnt have enough Kairos and because i paid with paypal they say they cannot give me a refund and instead gave me a voucher, this is unacceptable and should be seen as a shady pratice. 

i want to spend they money on the figure and because of their fiasco i havent been able to secure one.

Their customer service is bouncing me around and arent willing to help me.

I brought the issue to the attention of Paypal.

My advice, dont use paypal for preorders, use your credit card, as i believe the credit card company could go after nippon yasan for non delivered items.

I hope this gets resolved but as of right now i cannot recommend nippon yasan as my experience with this has been terrible so far.

What payment method did you use for PayPal? If a linked credit card you can force a refund. If you used a linked bank account or PayPal funds you could be out of luck...

14 minutes ago, pteroleo said:

I used a linked visa card, how do you force a refund?

Dependis on your credit card provider. There should be a clause for 'delayed delivery goods' which can allow up to 540 days for delivery. So, if NY refuse to refund you, take all the communication and information to your credit card company to begin a dispute, you should phone them for info first. It is important to make it clear that the purchase was for 'delayed delivery goods' which is what we commonly refer to a a 'preorder'.

15 minutes ago, pteroleo said:

I used a linked visa card, how do you force a refund?

You just tell your credit card company since the transaction shows up in your credit card statement and they will take care of you. But to clarify, did NY tell you they definitely will not be able to deliver the item? If so, this would be the first I've heard that response from them. If not, I still don't see how they are being shady when they are still trying to fulfill an order people paid less than anywhere else for.

10 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Might want to remind Paypal of their stipulation that sellers must be able to fulfill preorders within 20 days of release.

I'm curious to see if this works for more people and if so, I wish I knew about it about a year ago. 

Erm...Anyone got any news regarding their orders? Any movement in the order status? Anything? It's been quite a while since anyone reported anything (aside from that dupe order that got the staff who sent it relegated to toilet duties)

Getting tired of this lack of news, seriously considering getting in touch with NY's owner directly for an explanation and other stuff....

15 minutes ago, Kinzoku VF said:

Getting tired of this lack of news, seriously considering getting in touch with NY's owner directly for an explanation and other stuff....

Let us know if you do, and let them know the damage to their reputation that is occurring.

I haven't been checking this, are we still thinking that mid-May more stock will become available?  Or is that now wishful thinking?  I thought the whole point of TWE was to get an exact count of how many needed to be produced, therefore these types of problems wouldn't happen...sigh...

On 5/9/2018 at 6:19 AM, hoahuynh said:

Wow that's a complete joke, I certainly have no interest in store credit. The only time I ever shop from N-Y is for DX macross toys, certainly not in the mood of dealing with them again if this is how they treat their customers.

This is how they treat their DX customers. I can't let them get away with it, one of the reasons why I boycott then completely. 

@Krunc: Re-issues of Hayate's 31J or the 31J Kai?? Never heard anything about it or @no3Ljm (or others) will chime in in regards to that.

Both Hayate's 31J and the 31J Kai are still available on the market. Have you looked through Amiami, Jungle, Manda, and other providers or you didn't get a chance to?

Edit: Wait a minute here... I think that I replied to the same question before but in regards to Messer's valk a few pages back.

Edited by borgified

9 minutes ago, borgified said:

@Krunc: Re-issues of Hayate's 31J or the 31J Kai?? Never heard anything about it or @no3Ljm (or others) will chime in in regards to that.

Both Hayate's 31J and the 31J Kai are still available on the market. Have you looked through Amiami, Jungle, Manda, and other providers or you didn't get a chance to?

Edit: Wait a minute here... I think that I replied to the same question before but in regards to Messer's valk a few pages back.

How reliable is Mandrake? 

4 minutes ago, Krunc said:

I’ve recently ordered two items from them but haven’t received yet. Others seem to have bought from them without many problems. 

I found a 31J for 25000 yen on Mandarake, box damaged but unused  

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1058009614&ref=list

Edited by rdrunner

9 minutes ago, Krunc said:

Mandarake is very reliable. Founded in 1980, it has several store fronts, including its headquarters in Nakano as well as locations in Shibuya, Osaka, Fukuoka, Ikebukuro, Akihabara, and more.

They are even traded on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.

4 minutes ago, Krunc said:

Thanks for the help guys, I decided to pounce on the VF-31J for 18k yen. I've had the Macross DX itch for awhile now, hopefully this will hold me over till the YF-19 release. :) 

Don't forget the Super add ons as well: https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1071080685&ref=list 

1 hour ago, borgified said:

It kind of annoys me how expensive the DX valkyries are... without super/strike/fast/armor parts. And then the high cost of the separate parts on top of that. *sigh* It is actually a factor that has me holding back on getting DX toys.

At least releases like Arcadia's VF-1 with Super or Strike parts is not too expensive when you factor in you can get the valkyrie with the parts together for a decent price.

I pre-ordered the DX YF-19 because it came with fast packs and fold drive. Had the YF-19 cost as much as the VF-31 does by itself, with the fast packs being another $100+ on top, then I don't think I would have gotten it.

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

25 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

It kind of annoys me how expensive the DX valkyries are... without super/strike/fast/armor parts. And then the high cost of the separate parts on top of that. *sigh* It is actually a factor that has me holding back on getting DX toys.

At least releases like Arcadia's VF-1 with Super or Strike parts is not too expensive when you factor in you can get the valkyrie with the parts together for a decent price.

I pre-ordered the DX YF-19 because it came with fast packs and fold drive. Had the YF-19 cost as much as the VF-31 does by itself, with the fast packs being another $100+ on top, then I don't think I would have gotten it.

A DX with (separate) super parts is about the same price as a premium finish Arcadia VF-1. If you preorder; aftermarket prices are just silly at this point  

Vanilla arcadia toys aren’t comparable to the DX figs because they don’t have as much tampo, engineering, articulation as a DX

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
wrods

9 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

A DX with (separate) super parts is about the same price as a premium finish Arcadia VF-1. If you preorder; aftermarket prices are just silly at this point  

Vanilla arcadia toys aren’t comparable to the DX figs because they don’t have as much tampo, engineering, articulation as a DX

Umm, tampo.  Just tampo.  And everyone has been complaining about how gaudy the tampo on the YF-19 is.

2 hours ago, Krunc said:

Thanks for the help guys, I decided to pounce on the VF-31J for 18k yen. I've had the Macross DX itch for awhile now, hopefully this will hold me over till the YF-19 release. :) 

Thanks @Krunc, I think 18k is a good price for those of us who didn't pre-order.  I got mine also from the SAHRA Mandarake store, apparently an opened but unused, resealed copy of the 31F for 20k Yen. Fingers crossed mine will arrive in good shape, can't wait.

52 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I hear you and I'm also annoyed about the after-market prices of the DX super parts as well.  Just look at the crazy prices for the VF-25 add-on's (especially the armor parts) these days. 

For the 31F that I just bought, I'm still unsure about getting the super parts for it.  I like the aesthetics of the VF-31 design (31A to be exact), but think that the super parts kind of ruin the beautiful streamlined look of the fighter mode, so I'm ok with the 31F going "naked" and wait for the 31A super parts, if it ever happens.  And before that, of course, IF Nippon Yasan actually delivers my bloody order.

Edited by rdrunner

I don't blame either @Shizuka the Cat, @rdrunner as the Super add ons are means of making us fork our more cash to get what we all itch for (or not to have in this case) and it's subjected to your preferences.  

I wasn't actually planning to get any of the Delta valks; however when I ended up watching Delta, I caved in and wasn't sure if I wanted the Mirage's 31C or the Draken. To make a long story short, I ended up passing Arad's 31S and the Draken and pounced on the 31C when I saw a listing on Amiami (pre-owned). Wasn't going to get the Supers until I saw it complete on a post, then I decided to.

7 minutes ago, eXis10z said:

Where are you located? I'm letting mine go. Drop me a pm.

Krunc just got the 31J three hours ago from Manda.. However if anyone else wants a 31J, then let eXis10z know (add it on the B/S/T thread if you haven't already).

6 minutes ago, Negotiator said:

i usually only get 1 of a type of valk, (not including vf-1), and am fine with them being naked not even considering fast packs.  If you buy multiples, totally get it for display purposes.

You got that right.. ;) All my valks that I currently own (four valks and a crap load of HMR) have the add-ons and so will Mirage's when it gets delivered.