34 minutes ago, ErikElvis said:

Woohoo! My two 31A’s finally shipped from NY. 

Wow! Congrats! Not many dupes have been sent by NY. Still wishing they would hurry it up a bit, that 1 parcel a week is getting really tedious.....

Absolutely no movements on my order.....Starting to loose hope. Maybe next July? August? Who knows at that stage? :(

It sounds like some businesses were open on Tuesday and Wednesday, but they will be closed for the rest of the holiday so that’s probably all the shipping news we’ll get until next week. 

I wish there was a discernible rhyme or reason to the orders NY are shipping but it’s encouraging that they have shipped at least one order with multiple VF-31A 

*fingers crossed* for some good news next week :)

Did HLJ ever have any copies of the 31 Super parts available after they released? Looking to use my 10% coupon on something worthwhile. 

6 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

I'm like 60% sure that the Super parts only ever came out as TWE items, meaning they would never have had them in stock.

That’s correct. The super parts are TWE and HLJ does not offer TWE. 

16 minutes ago, ridgebacks said:

My NY order still has no update while someone in China brought these much. And he says he still misses one. Right now I truly believe this is a NY frakk up instead of bandai's.

8c14b219ebc4b7457e82ac5fc3fc1e178a821521.jpg

That’s a lot of kairos :shok:

So where is this second batch coming from?

Are these the 10% reserve held back in case of wide spread qc issues? I believe Charles speculated there is typically some held at the factory for a month JIC but I may be misremembering what he said  

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
wrods

some sellers on taobao has been advertising about a batch coming in in May as well.  (I can't find the link now, so take this with a huge grain of salt)

But I'm still somewhat hopeful that Bandai is still sending out the 31A orders slowly and hopefully more of us will hear from NY after the Golden week holiday in Japan.

15 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

some sellers on taobao has been advertising about a batch coming in in May as well.  (I can't find the link now, so take this with a huge grain of salt)

But I'm still somewhat hopeful that Bandai is still sending out the 31A orders slowly and hopefully more of us will hear from NY after the Golden week holiday in Japan.

I requested quotes from every listing under $300 on taobao and my proxy said they were either unavailable, only for people who already preordered, or the seller had a very low rating and they didn’t recommend trying to buy from them. 

15 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Just a heads up though to those who can't wait for NY. There's 2 DX Kairos once again available at Mandarake for cheap price of Y48000. And that's for each, ok. :p

Not a bad price; I have a feeling we’re going to see a bunch more in the coming weeks. 

12 minutes ago, Valkyrie2008 said:

After I get my two vf-31a from NY (fingers cross) maybe someone will want to trade one for a vf-31J Kai. ^_^

Depends if I get my two from EBay and NY or not. Paying 31,000 for a 31J Kai from Mandarake is a lot cheaper than 48,000 for a 31A.

On 25/4/2018 at 12:20 AM, Slave IV said:

That sounds great! Are you in Japan, HK or some place that gets Valks regularly at around msrp? We don't get that luxury too much in the US because of the whole HG thing. I enjoy the hunt too but not the way distribution and B&M stores operate these days. I do go to specialty shops where I like to hang out in and talk to the shop owners all day but again, we just don't get Macross items here anymore. 

Sorry for late answer, I was out for the weekend

... so back to business. I live in Mexico city and Yup! Buying aftermarket Macross at collectors' stores is really expensive. I dont buy when prices are inflated so I keep looking and I have found cool stores / guys where prices seem fair between msrp, shipping and store fee.

It also depends on how available the valk is after release. For example, delta squad have been pretty good deals, also the vf 25 reissues (I think at one point they were sold online below msrp). On the opposite, yamato's vf 4g is a no no on the physical local aftermarket.

They dont import in large numbers... so I constantly check their online shops, but since I have been a constant customer im allowed the heads up first.

Before I joined Mwf (a few months back), I did not know one could buy from online "resellers" in japan at msrp.... so I will give it a shot starting this year.

2 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Not a bad price; I have a feeling we’re going to see a bunch more in the coming weeks. 

IF we see more, then let's hope the inflated price will go down somehow. ;) 

1 hour ago, Valkyrie2008 said:

After I get my two vf-31a from NY (fingers cross) maybe someone will want to trade one for a vf-31J Kai. ^_^

Or just sell your other one to members here with less mark up price since you paid MSRP from NY. Yeah? :rolleyes:

55 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Depends if I get my two from EBay and NY or not. Paying 31,000 for a 31J Kai from Mandarake is a lot cheaper than 48,000 for a 31A.

But, if you think about it, getting the 31A from NY means the 31A is a lot cheaper than the 31J Kai. Don't you agree? :rolleyes:

46 minutes ago, RealJayDee said:

Sorry for late answer, I was out for the weekend

... so back to business. I live in Mexico city and Yup! Buying aftermarket Macross at collectors' stores is really expensive. I dont buy when prices are inflated so I keep looking and I have found cool stores / guys where prices seem fair between msrp, shipping and store fee.

It also depends on how available the valk is after release. For example, delta squad have been pretty good deals, also the vf 25 reissues (I think at one point they were sold online below msrp). On the opposite, yamato's vf 4g is a no no on the physical local aftermarket.

They dont import in large numbers... so I constantly check their online shops, but since I have been a constant customer im allowed the heads up first.

Before I joined Mwf (a few months back), I did not know one could buy from online "resellers" in japan at msrp.... so I will give it a shot starting this year.

Sounds about right. I pretty much stick to online shops in Japan for most my Macross fix.

3 minutes ago, Scyla said:

Got another TWE item today from NY this time with the brown shipper box included. It is still a mystery why my VF-31A didn't had one. :blink:

Probably the shipper box has those mail stamps. Usually NY ships their TWE items with the shipper box intact. That's because they get their TWE orders in bulk. I think it's best to assume that they're getting one VF-31A stock at a time thru different channels, perhaps? :rolleyes:

32 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Poked the ebay seller I ordered a 31A from, and seems like they got it in the recent wave, going to ship out after Golden Week.

Very nice. I hope NY will get some new stock and start filling those orders for all of us who are still waiting.  But great news, congrats. 

Does anyone know if NY will provide an exchange for products that are delivered with a damaged box of the actual figure? I just received my vf-31a from them but the actual box was punctured during shipment

15 minutes ago, Eslim109 said:

Does anyone know if NY will provide an exchange for products that are delivered with a damaged box of the actual figure? I just received my vf-31a from them but the actual box was punctured during shipment

You might be able to claim insurance from the postal office but NY is not responsible for the damage of the box.

8 minutes ago, Eslim109 said:

You can try to email or chat them thru their online chat feature and ask about it. But since it’s Nippon-Yasan, I’m not going to put my hopes up.

I checked NY’s Terms & Conditions page. Not sure if that will fall on the Problems of Quality or Non-Conformity. Or the first part of Shipment and Delivery section.

Problems of Quality or Non-conformity

In the case of receiving a product that differs with the order (dis-functioning or non-conform), the Buyer must file his claim within the day of receiving the shipment.

The buyer will need to fill up a damage report with the delivery service  if he received a damage parcel , this damage report need to be done before accepting the parcel, Any claim without the damage report will not be processed.

Claims shall be sent via email to Nippon-Yasan.com at the aforementioned address, and must include:

- The Buyer's address and identity.

- The references of the product.

- The motivations of the claim.

Product returns shall be done within 7 business days from the attribution of a return identification number by Nippon-Yasan.com Service Center.

In any other case, Nippon-Yasan.com may not proceed in any refund or any exchange of returned products.

All products to be exchanged or refunded shall be returned as Registered Airmail to Nippon-Yasan.com in their original packaging. The products must be complete with all their accessories, as in the original order.

Shipping costs are to be paid by the Buyer.

The Buyer remains responsible for all risks and damage resulting in the return of his shipment.

All responsibility of shipment rest on the shipping company selected by the customer, Nippon-Yasan.com is not liable for any problem for the shipment. 

If the Buyer want the parcel to be resend, all additional Shipping costs are to be paid by the Buyer.

If the parcel is ship back in Japan for any reasons (absence, no claim, incomplete address....) all additional shipping cost will be pay by the customer.

In the case of non respect of the above procedure, the Buyer may not file any claim for non-conformity or defect of the delivered products.

Shipment and Delivery

The products are delivered to the address indicated in the order form by the Buyer, who undertakes to take delivery of the products ordered. On delivery, the Buyer is obliged to check the condition of the packaging and the goods, and indicate any damages to the company Nippon-Yasan.com within 2 business days following the delivery, by email.

36 minutes ago, Eslim109 said:

Any damage to the 31a, just curious...

Thanks guys!

Luckily no damage to the vf-31a. Just wanted to see if they would compensate for the box since the box is damaged pretty badly. I will try to message NY and see if I can use their shipment and delivery disclaimer

be glad that you got your vf-31A in one piece, a lot of us are still waiting for our piece, the box is nice if perfect, but the toy inside it is nicer, the box only matters if you a)display the box with the toy or b)plan to resell it at some point in time.

I caved and bought a couple VF-31A from Rakuten during the 10% off promo.

I plan to sell one to makeup for the insane price I paid for both.  I actually timed this quite poorly as the second wave of stock will likely hit before I have a chance to unload one lol I hate speculating.