10 minutes ago, raziel03 said:

Are you seriously trying to argue that HG has nothing to do with the reason nothing Macross related has been released outside Japan since Plus?   How do you explain why we never got R1 releases of Zero, Frontier and Delta?  How about the lack of any re-release of Plus on BluRay?  You should probably study up on the mess of copyright claims and lawsuits involved with Macross before you get so dismissive.  What I said is hardly controversial.

I am not being dismissive, but there is new evidence that HG might not have the rights to macross character depiction, just saying that, that is good news for the future for big west to start marketing stuff outside of japan. Relax, not saying you are wrong, just saying good things might be coming for the future of macross for fans outside of japan.

That said, maybe its On big west being not interested in marketing these shows/merchandise outside of japan that is the cause of the lack of anything outside of japan than what HG is doing that is why we have lack of anything macross outside of japan.

2 minutes ago, MacrossMania said:

It does.  I guess at the end of the day I knew all this.  Again, I'm just looking for that promise land that will never come.  As to the buying multiples, I have a hard enough time as it is buying singles, I can't imagine what a slog this hobby would be if I took to buying multiples and selling the rest off after I cherrypicked the best.  Even for me that's over the top.  Not saying it isn't done, just saying that's a rabbit hole I shouldn't go down.  I will fall way, way down.  I guess at the end of the day hunting down these little treasures is half the fun.  The stories of our collecting almost have as much currency as the collections themselves, and it's nice to be able to share them on these forums.  

No worries sir. I understand also what your saying. ;) It just so happen that I don’t know too what to answer since I have a different take on box conditions. So I’m just sharing my take on it. Hope that’s ok. I do know however there’s some members here that wants pristine boxes. So I hope they can share their opinions too regarding this matter.

But for me, like I said earlier, what’s inside condition matters the most. ^_^

Same here, as long as the toy is in perfect condition, I don’t really care about the box condition. If i knew there would be issues getting my copy, I should have snatched that toy when the girl at tamashi showroom was replacing the mock up with a factory smaple back when I was in akihabara last novemember. Haha

1 hour ago, Guyffon said:

Last I heard HG never had the rights to the depiction of the characters to begin with as tatsumoto did not owned those rights. That said, even if they had the rights to the original macross, that has nothing to do with current macross and the new vf incarnations

20 minutes ago, raziel03 said:

Are you seriously trying to argue that HG has nothing to do with the reason nothing Macross related has been released outside Japan since Plus?   How do you explain why we never got R1 releases of Zero, Frontier and Delta?  How about the lack of any re-release of Plus on BluRay?  You should probably study up on the mess of copyright claims and lawsuits involved with Macross before you get so dismissive.  What I said is hardly controversial.

16 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I’m no mod but we do have threads for this. A lot. Unless you guys still want to continue this conversation until some moderator stops you. Just sayin’.

Best place right now to continue that would probably be here, where there's some good updated info:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/45049-harmony-gold-suing-tatsunoko/

tl;dr - HG lose their Macross license in 2021, but still have trademarks for several terms/icons/etc. used in Macross - the kite, UN Spacy, etc. You can find out/discuss more in above thread.

EDIT:

Is there still no indication that Bandai will be doing a second run of this Valk? I know it's only been a month, but still, the wound still stings from time to time...

Edited by kajnrig

8 minutes ago, Jasonc said:

OK, back to the topic of NY for the Kairos. What was the last batch of these that have been shipped from them? Are they at least shipping any of them out as far as we know, or are we all just waiting for some type of miracle to drop?

Hey Jasonc. Few members reported their orders got shipped 2 days ago, IIRC. And all of their date of order is October 6. However we can’t guarantee where they got those stocks for that said delivery. And that’s the last update we have. There’s no new post yet if anyone received any shipping notification.

8 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey Jasonc. Few members reported their orders got shipped 2 days ago, IIRC. And all of their date of order is October 6. However we can’t guarantee where they got those stocks for that said delivery. And that’s the last update we have. There’s no new post yet if anyone received any shipping notification.

Thanks. So, that kinda leaves me in a bad spot, being that I preordered mine on the 10/13/17.

5 hours ago, Slave IV said:

That's what I'm talking about! HAHAHAHAHAHA! Right?! Why the hell does any of this have to be so hard? I don't want to and should not have to comb toy stores (or these days Target, Walgrens and Walmart), stepping over little kids and fat, bald scalpers to only find empty pegs or loads of shelfwarmers of adult collectible toys. Nor should I have to run bot programs and customize my F5 button with a Turbo feature on 10 browsers at 3am to get something I have money to pay for. This is all a big joke overall but you know what? So what? It is what it is. F5 and new listing search skills is the new "hunt" in today's collecting age and I'm fine with it. You win some, you lose some. In the end, I have a collection that I would have never dreamed could be possible when I was a kid and that makes me happy.

For me its combing stores what I mostly enjoy... (I do carry a little weight tho xD) because it adds the collectable some story and background... unfortunately scalpers and online p2p are making it very frustrating to get hot items. Before ebay and similar sites, this scalping thing wass not such a big issue.

I mentioned before that I often go to a local shop where I buy all my macross valks. When I do it, its one of the trips that I really enjoy, talk to the owner about whats comming next (specially since he's a cool guy, and charges only a very reasonable fee), goof around and see what merch they have, and then go home for that new valk smell (I have nothing against online shopping, this is just a personal approach). 

I do love this collecting hobby.

11 minutes ago, RealJayDee said:

For me its combing stores what I mostly enjoy... (I do carry a little weight tho xD) because it adds the collectable some story and background... unfortunately scalpers and online p2p are making it very frustrating to get hot items. Before ebay and similar sites, this scalping thing wass not such a big issue.

I mentioned before that I often go to a local shop where I buy all my macross valks. When I do it, its one of the trips that I really enjoy, talk to the owner about whats comming next (specially since he's a cool guy, and charges only a very reasonable fee), goof around and see what merch they have, and then go home for that new valk smell (I have nothing against online shopping, this is just a personal approach). 

I do love this collecting hobby.

That sounds great! Are you in Japan, HK or some place that gets Valks regularly at around msrp? We don't get that luxury too much in the US because of the whole HG thing. I enjoy the hunt too but not the way distribution and B&M stores operate these days. I do go to specialty shops where I like to hang out in and talk to the shop owners all day but again, we just don't get Macross items here anymore. 

28 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

That sounds great! Are you in Japan, HK or some place that gets Valks regularly at around msrp? We don't get that luxury too much in the US because of the whole HG thing. I enjoy the hunt too but not the way distribution and B&M stores operate these days. I do go to specialty shops where I like to hang out in and talk to the shop owners all day but again, we just don't get Macross items here anymore. 

I can tell you for Asian markets such as Singapore, DX Macross is a rarity and not many retailers carry them. Hence the price is usually on the high side. You are much better of pre-ordering online. The Hi-Metal line is a different story. The prices are pretty much close to the Japanese SRP because it is more readily available and less sought after.

Buying after market DXes is extremely painful to the wallet.

Even for me when I went to my regular shop to buy the 31A, I was not spared from his cleaver raising from a PO price of SGD360 to SGD550. That's a 50% upcharge in less than 2 weeks.

40 minutes ago, CharlesXavier said:

I can tell you for Asian markets such as Singapore, DX Macross is a rarity and not many retailers carry them. Hence the price is usually on the high side. You are much better of pre-ordering online. The Hi-Metal line is a different story. The prices are pretty much close to the Japanese SRP because it is more readily available and less sought after.

Buying after market DXes is extremely painful to the wallet.

Even for me when I went to my regular shop to buy the 31A, I was not spared from his cleaver raising from a PO price of SGD360 to SGD550. That's a 50% upcharge in less than 2 weeks.

Yeah, that sounds to be the case. That's why Macross is not something I imagine walking into a store and walking out with a bunch of Valks I want on a regular basis. The nature of today's market makes a lot more sense to preorder online. Just wish the companies could be better at it to where they could just produce enough to cover everyone who wants to preorder something. I'm lucky there are great shops that I have a long relationship with where I get certain things (mostly comics) and shoot the $hit with real people in front of my face about the toys we all love. 

@Slave IV You're completely right, I complain a lot regarding this whole mess. It's not exactly my favourite pass-time either.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion, if you feel that it's perfectly fine to have paid for something more than 6 months ago and getting the runaround from a so-called business, with not a single word about the situation. Great. (I'm not counting those messages as we had to chase after them in order to get replies. As for the replies, if you're satisfied with their explanation, I'm not.)

You give them your hard earned cash every month for stuff, the least you should expect as a customer (long-time or not) is a minimum of respect, and a detailed explanation when something goes wrong. Not everyone expects the same level of services, I get that. 

Would knowing the cause regarding this 'wait' change anything?, probably not.  But at least you'd know why you're waiting like a pr**k.  And most importantly, what are the chances of ever getting those orders?

I'd rather know, even they came up with 'Sorry,but we won't be able to fulfill all orders placed after the 7th as we (or Bandai ) messed up". (Or whatever their excuse is). It's this lack of transparency that made me furious in the first place. I wouldn't be here talking about it had they come clean from the get go. How many months are we supposed to wait? Can they at least tell us that? Maybe then it would help decide whether to give up on this thing rather than hoping every day to see a change in your order status. (can't even call it an an order as it's now turned into a fossil )

Again you've got your principles, I have mine. If you feel waiting for more than a month now to get any sign of life from them is warranted, we just aren't on the same page, when it comes to customer services. 

38 minutes ago, enphily said:

please, don't use that black background, that's really hard to read

My bad, not sure what happened, I think for that part that's in black, I wrote it, then cut/pasted back and once posted the comment, it was in black, maybe I hi-lighted that sentence by error :blink:....Anyways, no order status changes on my side. They've shipped the Cyclone as well as some other stuff. But not 'that'.

After combining some orders and before they had yet to be shipped. I mailed them asking if they could send everything, including the Kairos I still hadn't received in one parcel. They only replied that they couldn't combine those orders (rather than giving an explanation or apology as to why they hadn't shipped this particular order 1 month after their stated release date). Only a short cut and paste bla-bla regarding their store policies concerning the combining of orders and preorders. Very helpful.<_<

Of the most recent 4 that were shipped, there could have been more orders before, in between, or after these that were also shipped:  488753, 488766, 488781, 48879.  There are a lot of people on the different Macross facebook groups that aren’t on here.  NY can still be fulfilling orders.

8 hours ago, Kinzoku VF said:

@Slave IV You're completely right, I complain a lot regarding this whole mess. It's not exactly my favourite pass-time either.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion, if you feel that it's perfectly fine to have paid for something more than 6 months ago and getting the runaround from a so-called business, with not a single word about the situation. Great. (I'm not counting those messages as we had to chase after them in order to get replies. As for the replies, if you're satisfied with their explanation, I'm not.)

You give them your hard earned cash every month for stuff, the least you should expect as a customer (long-time or not) is a minimum of respect, and a detailed explanation when something goes wrong. Not everyone expects the same level of services, I get that. 

Would knowing the cause regarding this 'wait' change anything?, probably not.  But at least you'd know why you're waiting like a pr**k.  And most importantly, what are the chances of ever getting those orders?

I'd rather know, even they came up with 'Sorry,but we won't be able to fulfill all orders placed after the 7th as we (or Bandai ) messed up". (Or whatever their excuse is). It's this lack of transparency that made me furious in the first place. I wouldn't be here talking about it had they come clean from the get go. How many months are we supposed to wait? Can they at least tell us that? Maybe then it would help decide whether to give up on this thing rather than hoping every day to see a change in your order status. (can't even call it an an order as it's now turned into a fossil )

Again you've got your principles, I have mine. If you feel waiting for more than a month now to get any sign of life from them is warranted, we just aren't on the same page, when it comes to customer services. 

No one said you can't complain or have an opinion. You've stated your same opinion multiple times everyday. You've also started to complain about not just the 31A situation but the entire hobby of collecting and you genuinely sound miserable. I'm just trying to give some advice to maybe relax a bit and have fun. You can guess my age bracket but I don't have a single white hair and enjoy my hobby. If this really bothers you so much, don't do it is what I'm saying. Enjoy life, don't let toys bring you down!

8 hours ago, enphily said:

@Kinzoku VF, please, don't use that black background, that's really hard to read

8 hours ago, chyll2 said:

OT: I thought it was a bug on my device for not rendering it completely. That was intended?

7 hours ago, Kinzoku VF said:

My bad, not sure what happened, I think for that part that's in black, I wrote it, then cut/pasted back and once posted the comment, it was in black, maybe I hi-lighted that sentence by error :blink:....Anyways, no order status changes on my side. They've shipped the Cyclone as well as some other stuff. But not 'that'.

I think Kinzoku is using the default MWDark_Current theme hence when he copy/paste it applies the black background. I'm assuming he is. I'm on Default_IPB which is just minimalist white background. Kind of feel like the old MW forum so I can see most of his replies are in black background with dark grey text so it's really hard to read it. :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, Guyffon said:

Yet another day has passed and no reports of people getting their order shipped, that makes 2 days in a row with no orders changing to shipped status?

Actually, it's already 3 days in a row. ^_^ 

46 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

You can guess my age bracket but I don't have a single white hair and enjoy my hobby

I'm 45. No white hair....aside from my beard that's complexly white , maybe I stress too much :D.

Anyway, will keep the 'try not to be miserable' in mind. Just that lately, between this Kairos mess, and *meh* Cyclone...not that great.

5 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I think Kinzoku is using the default MWDark_Current theme hence when he copy/paste it applies the black background.

Yep....Been using that one since forever...changed it though, so hopefully it should be readable now.

1 minute ago, Kinzoku VF said:

I'm 45. No white hair....aside from my beard that's complexly white , maybe I stress too much :D.

Anyway, will keep the 'try not to be miserable' in mind. Just that lately, between this Kairos mess, and *meh* Cyclone...not that great.

Maybe:lol:

It's all good!

Just now, Kinzoku VF said:

Yep....Been using that one since forever...changed it though, so hopefully it should be readable now.

I'm 43. 50% covered with white hair. Well, my white hair started to show before I turned 30. :lol:

Hey. Just so you know, with me it's fine. I understand you and your opinion and for sure you just needed an outlet. I do too, sometimes. And once in awhile I post my toy frustrations too. And you must probably assuming that all of us will understand you just fine since we're all sharing the same likes and hobbies. But... Not everyone is the same. All of us probably share the same likes and hobbies but not all of us will understand one another all the time. ;) 

Anyways, just sharing my 2 cents. Cheers and Happy Collecting! :drinks:

4 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm 43. 50% covered with white hair. Well, my white hair started to show before I turned 30. :lol:

Hey. Just so you know, with me it's fine. I understand you and your opinion and for sure you just needed an outlet. I do too, sometimes. And once in awhile I post my toy frustrations too. And you must probably assuming that all of us will understand you just fine since we're all sharing the same likes and hobbies. But... Not everyone is the same. All of us probably share the same likes and hobbies but not all of us will understand one another all the time. ;) 

Anyways, just sharing my 2 cents. Cheers and Happy Collecting! :drinks:

To clarify, I understand and am perfectly fine with it too. He just sounds miserable and seems to need some cheering up.:p

9 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

To clarify, I understand and am perfectly fine with it too. He just sounds miserable and seems to need some cheering up.:p

Hahaha! :lol: No need to clarify sir.  It's all good. All I'm just saying that everyone here is not the same. ;) 

Off-topic; Y'all old 

On-topic; I'd love for Bandai to do a second run of the 31A, but it's not very likely, we're more likely to see another variant of the A if anything. But even that isn't a guarantee, the 30 was a mold that Bandai completely failed to take advantage of.

-b.

I may or may not be in the same age bracket :ph34r: