I’m deep down the rabbit hole with this 31-A nonsense haha

A curious thing I noticed while browsing taobao is that many listings include an option for a unit right now for 350-400 or a “replenishment” unit approximately a month from now for 250-300.

I am probably just reading the machine translation wrong and I was not able to successfully place an order anywhere. Of the three I selected:

1 indicated no-stock

1 offered a unit for $390 with a note saying the “replenishment” option was for those that have placed a deposit already.

1 did not respond

The other listings were so expensive I didn’t bother.

One more thing I noticed on a recently sold yahoo auctions listing; the seller indicated they just received their 31-A ordered directly from Bandai this month. Again probably just machine translation gone amok but who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
a word

2 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I’m deep down the rabbit hole with this 31-A nonsense haha

A curious thing I noticed while browsing taobao is that many listings include an option for a unit right now for 350-400 or a “replenishment” unit approximately a month from now for 250-300.

I am probably just reading the machine translation wrong and I was not able to successfully place an order anywhere. Of the three I selected:

1 indicated no-stock

1 offered a unit for $390 with a note saying the “replenishment” option was for those that have placed a deposit already.

1 did not respond

The other listings were so expensive I didn’t bother.

One more thing I noticed on a recently sold yahoo auctions listing; the seller indicated they just received their 31-A ordered directly from Bandai this month. Again probably just machine translation gone amok but who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I checked some of those. One seller mentioned he should receive his stock on Aug 10. Another is out of stock. The rest is mostly copy-paste stuff from either the bandai site or standard stuff about their store. If you can pm me the link, I can do some accurate translation (I'm Chinese-Canadian).

27 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

So it sounds like Bandai had a QC/yield issue and is having to ship them off the assembly line as they're done.

See, that I would have very little trouble believing, but I'm surprised that Bandai hasn't bothered to mention things one way or another about it.

^This!  If QC/yield leading to piecemeal shipments was the issue, an announcement by Bandai would have allayed a lot of misgivings regarding vendors' abilities to honor orders placed; the fact that the item went on sale almost 6 months before official release with a mandated up-front payment meant that a lot of customers found themselves facing a hard deadline to contest charges for undelivered goods if PayPal was involved.  This has been an entirely crappy situation all around... the one VF-31 I really, really, really, wanted is now but a pipe dream due to all this as a pricey item from the outset will now be exorbitant because of the artificial and perpetuated  scarcity driven by how this release is being delivered to sellers; it's a scalper's wet dream.

20 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Also, why is this a qc issue?

That's a typical explanation for delayed production, or lower produced volumes. Also the top-coat flaws which are seen in multiple copies in the same, or similar, locations.

it's a supposition, not a fact.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

31 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

After reading the store credit fiasco, i guess the myth of the great japanese honour system is long dead now, seeing that how NY treats its customers. Maybe we are foreigners to them and thus they do not need to extend that courtesy to us?

NY is run by French people. 

34 minutes ago, Shukenzero said:

NY is run by French people. 

Yes. I’m not going to generalize and say that all French run business are bad but NY definitely gives a bad name to the French. 

Again for the 111th time, there is no official QC or production error nor delay for the 31A. As far as it goes officially, bandai has delivered. 

And let’s look at this realistically. If there indeed is any delay, would bandai be sending out the 31A piece by piece? Bandai would be sending out as an entire batch once th stock is ready  

So don’t get our hopes too high.

About japanese honour, I bidded on a buy it now VF-31A at 35k and the auction closed after I bidded for it, turns out now it says I lost the bid, which is absurd as I saw the auction close the moment I bidded. Looks like I won’t be getting my VF-31A afterall. This guy probably decided to take it off and sell it at a higher price, damn disgusting scalpers!!!

20 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

About japanese honour, I bidded on a buy it now VF-31A at 35k and the auction closed after I bidded for it, turns out now it says I lost the bid, which is absurd as I saw the auction close the moment I bidded. Looks like I won’t be getting my VF-31A afterall. This guy probably decided to take it off and sell it at a higher price, damn disgusting scalpers!!!

did you use a proxy? did it confirmed you got the buy in now in?  

first one shows no successful bid

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/p602527561

2nd on show 1 Successful bidder: O * m * d *** Evaluation: 434

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e272029118

Edited by F360

Just saw this auction and pity that I missed it.

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/q205220330

But what was mentioned in this auction again opened up the possibility that there could be some delay in Bandai's delivery.

Here's what the google translated description says:

DX super alloy VF - 31A chiros general machine new goods unopened.
I made a reservation with a premium Bandai and purchased it.
It is a new article unopened which just arrived in April.
No claim, no return, no cancellation thank you.
Shipping will be Kuroneko Yamato Service, shipping fee will be cash on delivery.

This seller said he ordered directly from bandai and just received the item in APRIL, which is a 2 week delay from the official date, and with no announcement from Bandai.

I have yet to find another auction with another indication of a late receipt or delivery from bandai so this to me is just a 1 off case.

But if it's indeed true, then we have a little bit more hope.

16 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

I saw that auction. The seller seemed to have cancelled it and relisted it and now its sold again.

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e272029118

Wtf, I bidded for it and the auction closed after I did, and usually after we bid for a buy it now, it won’t update me until the next morning, Am using noppin to get the auctions, all i know is this seller cancelled after I bidded for it and reopened it? If that is the case this guy really frakked me up, here is proof that it closed after i bidded for it

3E01B5F8-CCBB-41A2-A087-FD9B9F640056.jpeg

That said, I hope charles is correct on the late delivery from bandai and I hope NY gets their stock on monday and start shipping our 31As next week.

Edited by Guyffon

45 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

Wtf, I bidded for it and the auction closed after I did, and usually after we bid for a buy it now, it won’t update me until the next morning, Am using noppin to get the auctions, all i know is this seller cancelled after I bidded for it and reopened it? If that is the case this guy really frakked me up, here is proof that it closed after i bidded for it

3E01B5F8-CCBB-41A2-A087-FD9B9F640056.jpeg

That said, I hope charles is correct on the late delivery from bandai and I hope NY gets their stock on monday and start shipping our 31As next week.

i guess for noppin you have to pay upfront first once u bid right? and they refund u if u lose the bid. same like buyee.

Yup, same butmy wife handles all the noppin stuff as she has very good experience using it. 

I guess I am spent jumping through hoops to get this VF, if NY doesnt come through, then I have to live without this, although I have most of the delta valks aside from the Kai and all the vf-25 variants and yf-29 and 30 and even a yf-19 advance. Sad that this is one of the valks that I really wanted but just for some reason might not have.

22 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

Yup, same butmy wife handles all the noppin stuff as she has very good experience using it. 

I guess I am spent jumping through hoops to get this VF, if NY doesnt come through, then I have to live without this, although I have most of the delta valks aside from the Kai and all the vf-25 variants and yf-29 and 30 and even a yf-19 advance. Sad that this is one of the valks that I really wanted but just for some reason might not have.

I took a look at the fees for using noppin.  They are pretty high.  I would recommend using a different proxy service. 

you should try FromJapan, it's much cheaper.

you can use my friend link so both of us can earn 300 to 500 yen bonus :D  http://www.fromjapan.co.jp?afid=C57275

Edited by F360

15 hours ago, Vortech said:

Kinda wish I took your offer, but now I don't wish NY's bologna on anyone.

I opted for the refund, they gave me store credit, and well guess what? you can't use your store credit on existing pre-orders.  You can only use your store credit on new orders.  Complete NY bologna.  NY has had poor Customer Service for this 31A debacle, but I gave them the benefit of the doubt, hopefully if my remaining orders get fulfilled I will be done with this store.  After a couple of hours of contemplating on the fact that you can't use your store credit on existing preorders, I decide to purchase a Bandai Metal Build Gundam just to recoup my cash in some form, so that I can begin to cut ties with NY.  Come to find out you can't use your store credit for an item that is less then store credit SMDH, more NY bologna.  I had to trick their system, and add more items to make the price above the store credit, and then remove the additional items in order to make it work. 

With all the bologna that NY has fed me I'm done with them, and will no longer recommend them to anyone.  My new advice would be to stay away from NY. 

That's the dumbest thing I've heard in a while. So now I can't just clear my pre-orders before cutting them off but I have to continue giving them business just to recoup my money and that means it'll take up to 6 months till another new item is released. The worst part is how I used a discount voucher on the purchase and no way NY is going to give that back.

Edited by neoexcaliber

An update on my auction fiasco, seller says I did not pay immediately, and thus cancel it and reauctioned it, this idiot couldnt even wait one day for the fund s to get to him? It takes around 24hrs for noppin to make the payment, he cancelled it in less than that time. i have instructed the proxy to leave negative feebaclk about the seller.

Again I must stress, what the frak is wrong with the current generation of Japanese, it seems that they have now a culture of honourless and impaitient brats. 

As i said i will just take it as a sign that the universe does not want me to spend more money than I should on this toy.

Sorry about losing the bid. Looking at the auction description Google Translated into English, I got this from a part of it:

"After bidding successfully, please bid only for those who can make a smooth payment procedure within the day. If there is no procedure such as payment after the next day, we will delete the transaction with the highest bidder convenience"

Maybe that was the seller's reason for cancelling your auction?

Regarding buy it now auctions, I thought that's what Prompt Decision price is for? The auction ends because the seller is expecting the bidder to pay with available funds promptly.  I didn't know some proxies have a delay for payment. I'm not familiar with how Noppin works regarding fund availability as I use FromJapan, which makes me deposit funds prior to bidding.

Maybe....it's all that company's fault for taking too long, and the seller has noppin to loose using this as an excuse . 

Not even gonna mention that good for noppin guy who lets his wife do all the ordering etc ! I'm on a roll! :D

Just kidding, of course , please don't bite my head off m(_ _)m.  I meant noppin bad.

At that stage, it's noppin no gain, let's just wait for week 4 and see. ( o.k ok, I'll stop.... :ph34r:)

1 hour ago, wmkjr said:

Sorry about losing the bid. Looking at the auction description Google Translated into English, I got this from a part of it:

"After bidding successfully, please bid only for those who can make a smooth payment procedure within the day. If there is no procedure such as payment after the next day, we will delete the transaction with the highest bidder convenience"

Maybe that was the seller's reason for cancelling your auction?

Regarding buy it now auctions, I thought that's what Prompt Decision price is for? The auction ends because the seller is expecting the bidder to pay with available funds promptly.  I didn't know some proxies have a delay for payment. I'm not familiar with how Noppin works regarding fund availability as I use FromJapan, which makes me deposit funds prior to bidding.

If They cancelled it after a day I have no problems with it, but this idiot cancelled it within a few hours of the bid being won, he didnt even wait a day. Proxies take a while to pay, as they have to verify they received the funds that I deposited,anyway these idiots were just impaitient, nothing more nothing less

Edited by Guyffon

5 hours ago, neoexcaliber said:

That's the dumbest thing I've heard in a while. So now I can't just clear my pre-orders before cutting them off but I have to continue giving them business just to recoup my money and that means it'll take up to 6 months till another new item is released. The worst part is how I used a discount voucher on the purchase and no way NY is going to give that back.

I have the store credit too. I’m gonna look at wats still available for pre order that I have on order. Then if it’s available, I’m gonna reordered it with the credit n email them to cancel the 1st pre order. I will not be ordering any future pre orders from them.

Just hoping this up coming Monday will be different, with some good news. Let me rephrase this, "with some kinda news".

Best outcome for those of us who still have our 31-A preorders, would be an apology and/or  "We will get stocks, but it won't be for another 3 + months". This would at least help us decide what to do rather than being left out in limbo with no contact nor explanation. And maybe , just maybe help out soften the damage caused to their reputation. (Not sure they care tbh, and probably assume that if they do loose any future business, it'll be mostly be from a few Macross-only customers.) 

At that stage, we shouldn't be the ones chasing after them for answers/apologies.

It's going to be close to a month now. They can't indefinitely carry-on like that...Can they? :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Kinzoku VF said:

Just hoping this up coming Monday will be different, with some good news. Let me rephrase this, "with some kinda news".

Best outcome for those of us who still have our 31-A preorders, would be an apology and/or  "We will get stocks, but it won't be for another 3 + months". This would at least help us decide what to do rather than being left out in limbo with no contact nor explanation. And maybe , just maybe help out soften the damage caused to their reputation. (Not sure they care tbh, and probably assume that if they do loose any future business, it'll be mostly be from a few Macross-only customers.) 

At that stage, we shouldn't be the ones chasing after them for answers/apologies.

It's going to be close to a month now. They can't indefinitely carry-on like that...Can they? :ph34r:

Last week we had members posting of NY's delivery daily. This week we only had such posts once every 1-2 days. It seriously looks kinda bleak now.

I hope NY will give us some good news or like you said, some indication of delivery date. But we all know in our minds that the likelihood is 1%.

3 hours ago, CharlesXavier said:

I hope NY will give us some good news or like you said, some indication of delivery date. But we all know in our minds that the likelihood is 1%.

Still finding it really hard to digest how they went about this mess. Most importantly, their reasoning behind it all. Either they are truly expecting for a few, (or already have them  ). But in all probability, it's not enough to cover a fraction of all the preorders that have yet to be sent out. They mostly acted thay way hoping it would would push the majority of people to cancel their orders. But, unfortunately, there's still that one group of people who have yet to ask for refunds, want what they paid for and appear willing to wait as long as it'll take.

As they've always been a greedy bunch, they'd probably rather refund everyone, in order to put this whole thing to rest like it had never happened. Then, wait a few months before listing all the few pieces they would've managed keep for a fortune. And if confronted about that stock, they'll only have to say it was just a small stock received much later, once everyone's orders had been cancelled/refunded.

Not sure about such a scenario, but wouldn't put it past them. And again, I'm floored that for the most part they're continuing to ignore and brush-off the situation without any apology nor official statement (on their sh*tty FB page would be a start ).

Wonder if next week will be any different. Who knows? At that stage, a likelyhood of 1% is better than nothing....I guess... <_<.