40 minutes ago, Kinzoku VF said:

I still don't get this. How can Bandai give companies any kind of discounts for TWE orders? Aren't TWE only sold to individuals as opposed to businesses? Or am I completely wrong here. How can a bulk buyer ask Bandai for let's say 2 crates of 100 when they're only sold to individuals and private addresses? Am I missing something here? (Like Bandai knowingly dealing with proxies?)

Because Bandai is most definitely aware that there are 3rd party vendors selling their TWC items, and probably know exactly who they are as well. Also it'd be a lot easier to come to agreement with a few large order holders than multiple small order holders.

Bah. Payed for mine on October 23, so I have until the 21st for the 180 day window to close.

Only thing it I don't want to lose my preorder on Mirage's Super Parts, plus I already paid for the Metal Robot Damashiii Lancelot Albion. Granted, I could get the Lancelot elsewhere, but it's already paid for, just waiting for release.

Now that I'm thinking on it, I'm sorta in the mind of 'to hell with it,' Mirage can just go naked and I can get the Lancelot elsewhere....

Edited by iguanaman8989

21 minutes ago, CharlesXavier said:

And NY will lock your account pending Paypal resolution. Sneaky way of doing business.

Although it sucks if they do, not exactly sneaky when their policy says no cancellations. Plus, I thought people escalating this issue are the ones who say they never want to do business with NY again so not a big deal if so. 

Not sure what else people expect to hear from them. They said they will send out orders when they get the items. Just wait. If they say something different like they can't get the item and you aren't happy with their resolution, tell your cc company. Simple and stress free. 

Edited by Slave IV

I went through all this with PayPal when Anime Island dissappeared. All my orders were over the limit. Some I paid with cc, some with PayPal funds. PayPal told me they couldn't do anything about the items I used PayPal funds for but advised me to contact my cc company for the others. I got all the cc money back, no problems. 

Moreover, that one Paypal policy someone linked ten pages back or so stated that companies could only offer preorders if they guaranteed delivery within 20 days of the release date. Whether it's the 3-15 actual release date or the 3-24 NY release date, NY has failed/will soon fail to deliver within the 20-day window. So even if you're outside the 180-day refund window, you'll probably still have Paypal on your side.

And of course what @Slave IV said still holds true.

Another day....And surprise, nothing  no change...:lol:( just saw Firefox' message, I completely agree.)

And I truly believe everything I wrote. They're not sorting anything out, nor waiting for that 'magical stock' to materialise They sent out the few they had received, spacing them out, giving people hope in the process (and shut us up). When they're just waiting for their own refunds before announcing "Sorry here's your store credit".  Simples? no? 

Never been truly worried about loosing the money ( sure, I'll be pissed, but it's unlikely, and a store credit is better than nothing right?). It's how they're going about this mess that drives me mad. Especially how their 2 msgs were written, from  'we're waiting for stocks.' , then the second message 'we haven't received all our stock'  that rephrasing is not random, it changes everything....'Not received all our stock' does not necessarily imply they're waiting for more.

Whatever.

Oh well another day and I don’t think there was any update (at least from here ) that anyone got their order shipped. At least yesterday there was some movement and tomorrow is friday already. If they go store credit route, I will get my money back thru cc company, they can close my account for all I care but will never give them my business again.

I was certain NY would have suspended my account after I opened a PayPal dispute to get my Kairos refund. To my surprise, it's still open and my DX Arad order is still there waiting to be paid.

Edited by IXTL

I don't think NY is going to deliver. Good chances that will cancel all orders and magically some stocks will appear with much higher price two three months later. 

The reason I said this is because they are so quick to refund you. I asked if there is chance the order to be fulfilled in the foreseeable future. If not, please consider cancelling the order. The next moment I received a refund notice. 

Edited by Firefox

16 minutes ago, Firefox said:

The reason I said this is because they are so quick to refund you. I asked if there is chance the order to be fulfilled in the foreseeable future. If not, please consider cancelling the order. The next moment I received a refund notice

Wow, impressed, that's a speedy refund. And exactly what I thought they were trying to achieve with all that waiting around. And from now on, if you even mention the word 'refund' in your enquiries, *poof* order cancelled and you're refunded. :lol:

Talk about a deterrent from ever sending any further messages regarding your order being shipped. Pretty sure at that stage it won't be making any difference if you contact them or not. They're most likely going to start refunding all those preorders automatically.

Anyone still clinging to the hope of those miracle-stocks? Looks like I will end up paying for that Mospeada PO after all (if it doesn't get delayed by Sentinel yet again of course....).

I put in a ticket with NY on Tuesday, got the same canned response like most people, then countered with the response is being provided to everyone, they then told me they would give me store credit.  Ordered my 31A on 10/6 and have to mospeada sticks and the 31c fastpacks on preorder with NY, so I thought about it and decided to take Store credit.  Told them Wednesday night that I would take it, and my “voucher” is pending.  Wanted my voucher so that I had the time to use it for my stick preorder.  

I don’t think NY is going to be able to fulfill the remaining 31A orders.  I hope they will be so that the rest of you can get your 31a’s as it is a beauty.  Gonna have to go AE, CDJ, or proxy in the future.  

I think if NY was upfront with the issues and didn’t play this waiting game, I would probably have been ok with them unable to deliver as shiz happens, but this poor customer service has left a nasty taste in my mouth.  

Good news... I finally received my refund via Paypal (dispute) not sure why it took so long unlike with other member's refunds, but that is over. The next step is inquiring if they will reopen my account as I still have a paid order for 2x mirage super packs. If NY refuses to reopen my account and refuses honor my Mirage order then I'll be going back to Paypal disputes. 

Oh and for anyone wondering my account standing prior to NY's shenanigan's: 

Rank 6, good standing customer prior to 2012 (before they updated their crappy system/website) with over several dozen orders on their system (as far back as their website would take me, maybe even more orders prior), ordered and paid for EMS on my 2x VF-31A 2017-10-06 21:22:09 . Hell I even gave them my business for 2x PG Premium Bandai Banshee (final ver) just back in February too (over $600).

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

Pays to be pessimistic sometimes...at least when it hits the fan, it's no surprise.....Thought it was doomed from the get go after contacting them twice and getting those 2 copy/paste BS msgs..This whole 3 weeks waiting game was most likely intended to reach the end of PayPal's protection on the majority of orders so that they would refund the majority with store credit rather than give the money back. (Assuming most people wouldn't bother to contact their bank and have a refund via their CC)

Not sure where it said that NY were looking/waiting for some inexistant 'extra production run' from Bandai (especially considering that at no point did Bandai hint they were in the process of manufacturing more stocks.). Looks  like most of the Japanese customers who preordered got theirs. So no pbs as far as Bandai was concerned. That was figured out relatively early too.

NY got greedy, left the PO window opened for three months. Where's the surprise? Didn't it seem weird to anyone that it was already sold out everywhere yet NY was still taking in orders? (No matter their history of leaving POs opened slightly longer this one was 2.5 months too long if not more) Not a coincidence that the HMR Ostrich standard release announced shortly after the Kairos closed in less than a day...and never reopened. They already knew they had completely messed up their upcoming DX release. (The exact same happened for the past 3 HMR releases, they took in tons of orders, and when release day came, they didn't have enough stocks. I waited 11 days for the VF-2SS, 9 or 10 for the Elintseekers and a long while too for the 35th Anniversarry HMR. That 3 in a row that were shipped way later than their usual timing. But those weren't TWE so they did manage to catch up on stock. Not this time unfortunately.

Anyway...good luck. And who knows, maybe a few orders will get shipped, if you're lucky to have placed it on the first few days.....But at that stage, they'll most likely keep whatever they have left to list later on for a fortune....

On the bright side, just got confirmation and paid for an opened/box damaged VF-31a from Mandarake. So no more worries about if NY will/won't eventually ship. Downside is it cost $350 incl EMS, compared to the $230ish my NY order was.

About to contact the ebay seller I had a 2nd on order from, and pester them again.

15 minutes ago, Kinzoku VF said:

Pays to be pessimistic sometimes...at least when it hits the fan, it's no surprise.....Thought it was doomed from the get go after contacting them twice and getting those 2 copy/paste BS msgs..This whole 3 weeks waiting game was most likely intended to reach the end of PayPal's protection on the majority of orders so that they would refund the majority with store credit rather than give the money back. (Assuming most people wouldn't bother to contact their bank and have a refund via their CC)

Not sure where it said that NY were looking/waiting for some inexistant 'extra production run' from Bandai (especially considering that at no point did Bandai hint they were in the process of manufacturing more stocks.). Looks  like most of the Japanese customers who preordered got theirs. So no pbs as far as Bandai was concerned. That was figured out relatively early too.

NY got greedy, left the PO window opened for three months. Where's the surprise? Didn't it seem weird to anyone that it was already sold out everywhere yet NY was still taking in orders? (No matter their history of leaving POs opened slightly longer this one was 2.5 months too long if not more) Not a coincidence that the HMR Ostrich standard release announced shortly after the Kairos closed in less than a day...and never reopened. They already knew they had completely messed up their upcoming DX release. (The exact same happened for the past 3 HMR releases, they took in tons of orders, and when release day came, they didn't have enough stocks. I waited 11 days for the VF-2SS, 9 or 10 for the Elintseekers and a long while too for the 35th Anniversarry HMR. That 3 in a row that were shipped way later than their usual timing. But those weren't TWE so they did manage to catch up on stock. Not this time unfortunately.

Anyway...good luck. And who knows, maybe a few orders will get shipped, if you're lucky to have placed it on the first few days.....But at that stage, they'll most likely keep whatever they have left to list later on for a fortune....

The VF-31A actually had the shortest preorder period in recent history for Macross TWE items on NY. That's how I missed out on ordering from them and wish someone who wants to cancel would give me their order. Most (pretty much all except the 31A) TWE items stay open on NY until about a month before release. The 31A closed at the beginning of December. Every TWE preorder NY had that stayed open for much longer was delivered. Just wanted to clarify before false information is used to make assumptions.

12 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Every TWE preorder NY had that stayed open for much longer was delivered. Just wanted to clarify before false information is used to make assumptions.

Sure, but as of late as I've mentioned with the past 3 HMR releases, all took more than a week before shipping. Maybe they used to be able to secure more orders, but lately, they're definitely not doing great. 

3 minutes ago, Kinzoku VF said:

Sure, but as of late as I've mentioned with the past 3 HMR releases, all took more than a week before shipping. Maybe they used to be able to secure more orders, but lately, they're definitely not doing great. 

None of us have any real evidence as to why they sometimes take longer to ship things. The only fact we know is they deliver all the orders they take and we will see if that holds true with the 31A.

Edited by Slave IV

5 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

None of us have any real evidence as to why they sometimes take longer to ship things. The only fact we know is they deliver all the orders they take and we will see if that holds true with the 31A.

Wish I could share your optimism. For now, it looks like their priority is trying to refund rather than sort out the issue. And my 'suppositions' (waiting around for the PayPal cover dates to be over on the majority of orders etc) are just what they are. But they're suppositions based on what we have in front of us. (Not much from NY but enough to get an idea as to what they're doing).

I never said that they do that all the time,have done it before nor that I will boycott them and never buy from them again. I will, I have some PO on the way this month, others after that too even some I've placed during this whole thing.

Only pointing out that on this occasion, they messed up. Just common sense. I mean if that TWE closed earlier than they ever have previously (for a DX). How are NY supposed to just conjure up extra orders out of thin air?

Mine was placed on the 10th, you'd expect it would've been early enough to secure it, but seems they can't even manage to sort out the ones placed on the 6th/7th. Up until now, from the info that can be gathered from MW, FB etc only one (or 2, I forgot) who 'supposedly' ordered on the 10th somehow received theirs. That's it for all orders placed after the 6th/7th! Not much....

However you look at it, it doesn't seem promising, and pretty much nothing that we're aware of has changed in the past 3 weeks. (aside from the fact that they've started issuing refunds)

3 minutes ago, Kinzoku VF said:

Wish I could share your optimism. For now, it looks like their priority is trying to refund rather than sort out the issue. And my 'suppositions' (waiting around for the PayPal cover dates to be over on the majority of orders etc) are just what they are. But they're suppositions based on what we have in front of us. (Not much from NY but enough to get an idea as to what they're doing).

I never said that they do that all the time,have done it before nor that I will boycott them and never buy from them again. I will, I have some PO on the way this month, others after that too even some I've placed during this whole thing.

Only pointing out that on this occasion, they messed up. Just common sense. I mean if that TWE closed earlier than they ever have previously (for a DX). How are NY supposed to just conjure up extra orders out of thin air?

Mine was placed on the 10th, you'd expect it would've been early enough to secure it, but seems they can't even manage to sort out the ones placed on the 6th/7th. Up until now, from the info that can be gathered from MW, FB etc only one (or 2, I forgot) who 'supposedly' ordered on the 10th somehow received theirs. That's it for all orders placed after the 6th/7th! Not much....

However you look at it, it doesn't seem promising, and pretty much nothing that we're aware of has changed in the past 3 weeks. (aside from the fact that they've started issuing refunds)

They've only issued refunds to those who are contacting them about it. For everyone else, they have said nothing other than they will send when they can. Seems pretty clear cut to me.