On 4/9/2018 at 7:48 AM, derex3592 said:

VF-31A Kairos has landed in Fort Worth TX!!!  Picked up from PO this morning. Ordered from NY on 10/6 about 11am central time.  There were  zero emails about it processing or shipping that I received, but that may have been due to the fact that NY was using an old email address. No way to confirm that. Stay positive guys!!! You still may get yours especially if you ordered on 10/6! Now I have to report for Jury Duty.... :lol:<_<

20180409_074222.jpg

Derex, good for you. I also live in north Texas (just west of Frisco). I hope I will be as lucky as you, but I haven't heard anything from NY other then the "We are sorry for the delay, we didn't receive all of our stocks for this item."  I ordered the 31A on 10/6 with payment processed on 20:30 (Japanese time). Hopefully I will be able to get one.

With such supply issues and QC issues abound, im better off without a 31A. Frankly saying, im already contended with a 31 kai being one of the limited items i manage to grab.

The question is why bandai came out short in terms of orders and why did they try something fancy like matt coating the plastic when all releases have being plastics with paint application

19 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Yep, having gotten my refund from Mykombini I've managed to avoid the consternation most everyone else here has been suffering for the past week or so. I'm feeling much more content with my two 31A kits now, after seeing the suffering I avoided.

Oddly enough I also felt some contentment with getting my refund from MyKombini. Granted, I wanted the copies I ordered, but it was $ 500 some dollars back in my pocket. And with that and the (1) that picked up from Loopaza (at the time I was kicking myself for splurging) I'm good.

If I end up with a reasonably priced second copy at some point in the future then cool, otherwise no skin off of my nose. That just comes from "feeling" the irritation from the members here because, (1) I greatly empathize with wanting my toys and (2) the supreme frustration of just not knowing what's going on with Bandai and N-Y. 

-b.

40 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

If they ship based on rank then I think I am frakked as I am rank 1

I am rank 3 but I don’t see them giving me any priority. I think it’s pretty random. 

I wonder whether those who had other items within the same shipment of the 31A have got theirs shipped. So far it seems most if not all, bought only the 31A in their PO 

Edited by CharlesXavier

18 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Looks like most or all people who received their VF-31A from NY, no matter when they ordered, chose the faster shipping method.

I ordered and paid on Oct 6th and chose Eco - SAL registered and it was shipped out on the 4th.  I don’t think there’s any logic behind what they’re doing.

You know what will be ironic (at least to me)? If it turns out that N-Y does end up shipping out all of their orders (despite delays) and we find out that they had like 1000 to fulfill. Then we find out that other retailers only had like 100 orders to fulfill. Some were able to ship all theirs out already, but others just went and gave up early and issued a refund or apology that they can't get anymore stock.

Because if that is indeed what happens, then N-Y will look like the hero in my eyes. Because despite all the issues with the stock, they would have been the only ones that stuck through with it until the end to get their orders fulfilled. 

By the way, I think it's unfair to say that N-Y screwed anyone over because they never cancelled an order for the 31A without the customer first asking for it. Also, despite the repeated answers or lack of any more detailed information, what their customer service have been saying has been true in general (that stock was not arriving as expected, and that they will ship out as soon as it comes in). Most of the evidence so far shows that the logistics issue may have been on Bandai's end.

Edited by ArchieNov

14 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

You know what will be ironic (at least to me)? If it turns out that N-Y does end up shipping out all of their orders (despite delays) and we find out that they had like 1000 to fulfill. Then we find out that other retailers only had like 100 orders to fulfill. Some were able to ship all theirs out already, but others just went and gave up early and issued a refund or apology that they can't get anymore stock.

Because if that is indeed what happens, then N-Y will look like the hero in my eyes. Because despite all the issues with the stock, they would have been the only ones that stuck through with it until the end to get their orders fulfilled. 

By the way, I think it's unfair to say that N-Y screwed anyone over because they never cancelled an order for the 31A without the first customer asking for it. Also, despite the repeated answers or lack of any more detailed information, what their customer service have been saying has been true in general (that stock was not arriving as expected, and that they will ship out as soon as it comes in). Most of the evidence so far shows that the logistics issue may have been on Bandai's end.

This is pretty much what I've been saying the whole time. It's highly likely that NY takes more orders just based on how long their preorder period stays open.

Everyone is so quick to blast NY because they aren't the first to get their toy or some other complaint but NY still keeps offering the fanbase the cheapest options for the toys we all want and people still keep ordering from them. 

15 minutes ago, jenius said:

Stop being such a fanboy, NY clearly deserves some flack for this... I hope they come through for everyone but even so, this was obviously not good service.

Just balancing things out. You guys are all NY fanboios when it comes to preorder nights. :p

Nope, I'm only Rank 1 and it was shipped out Apr 02, but still stuck in slow Canadian mail system, left Japan Apr 03 and arrived in Canada Apr 06 and its been just sitting there - argh!

1. 10-06-17

2. 1

3. EMS

Doesn't matter if NY manages to fulfill "all" their orders because it won't undo the frustrating experience this has been for a bunch of people. 

And I put "all" in quotations because there's no way to ever know if they would have fulfilled all of them since a bunch of people have already canceled due to the frustration. 

NY being the "hero" in any narrative is just bad comedy. 

Though it sure is easy to talk down to the Kairos-less masses when you're already whooshing around a 31A, isn't it? :p

59 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Just balancing things out. You guys are all NY fanboios when it comes to preorder nights. :p

Count me out. I only get my TWE stuff from NY. I rather get my regular releases PO's from HLJ and AmiAmi.

This reply just came in from NY. Looks like they are worn out by the queries and are choosing the easy way out.

At the rate of 1-2 deliveries per day, I guess I can expect to receive mine by Christmas 2020.

Hello,Message:

We do not have an expected timeline for the delivery of this item yet.
You have the possibility to cancel this order, it will be refund as a voucher, your payment on paypal has been done too long ago. We will not be able to refund on paypal.

Kind regards,

Nippon-yasan.com

Edited by CharlesXavier

Haha ok. I personally don't care about anything but the toy I get in my hand and if I am a fan of anything, it's just of the designers who came up with it. I don't care what company makes it or sells it to me as long as the toy I end up with is to my liking and I get it for the lowest price I can. I look forward to everyone who waits to get their orders so we can move past this and talk about those toys that we all love. 

3 minutes ago, jenius said:

Whoa, I've been checking and didn't see one get listed! I need one of these web-monitor plug-ins!

I use Distill Web Monitor (on chrome), refreshing at 1min intervals, with audio and email alert (and the emails give an audio alert on my phone).

Another day....Going out to have my bridge (s) refitted....Hoped for so good news....But nope, again nothing......

At least this 'investigation' seems to be moving a bit :lol:. We have now gathered it's not alphabetical, certainly not by rank. I'd also throw out EMS priorities out the window.(I haven't used EMS with them for quite a few of my last orders as I had noticed some delays processing stuff already a few times prior, and was furious to pay for EMS only to wait a week or more before they shipped my stuff.)

I still personally don't think it's random. For a business of that size, random just does not work, they'd be way too many delivery issues all across the board with NY if it was truly random. Same goes for items sent in orders of categories. It's most  probably like one unified numbered database for all categories. (Most of them at least, maybe video-games etc have their own). 

At that stage, it's either by order number or the good old : "let's just send a few here and there, just to cool those people off". 

All I know is that once again the outcome is pretty much the same, another week is going to come to an end with about 4/5 shipped....Truly looks bleak no matter how optimistic you want to be. The more the time passes, the likelyhood anything happening is shrinking (as well as the tiny amount of stocks they do manage to get here and there). The price isn't coming down and the "Bandai is just late shipping more" is unlikely....but still not out the window. Some issues and delays with the manufacturers for that last last batch or something?

Personally, I won't be cornered paying a ridiculous price for one, that I know for certain. It doesn't come through, that's that for this one.