Well... let's look at it like this:

NO PAYPAL DISPUTE: What happens to those who do not dispute their orders (via Paypal) with NY? Could NY possibly ask for more money, leaving the buyer with no option other than to pay the difference for said merchandise (form of blackmailing/extortion)? NY has done this in the past for so called shipping differences.

PAYPAL DISPUTE: Those who dispute their orders (via Paypal) with NY: lose their current order, any of their future orders (would be canceled), and have their account closed. With the high possibility that their item/stock could be relisted later on NY's site for a higher mark up.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

12 minutes ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

NO PAYPAL DISPUTE: What happens to those who do not dispute their orders (via Paypal) with NY? Could NY possibly ask for more money, leaving the buyer with no option other than to pay the difference for said merchandise (form of blackmailing/extortion)? NY has done this in the past for so called shipping differences.

PAYPAL DISPUTE: Those who dispute their orders (via Paypal) with NY: lose their current order, any of their future orders (would be canceled), and have their account closed. With the high possibility that their item/stock could be relisted later on NY's site for a higher mark up.

I am also worried about the "shipping differences" tactic, but since they have shipped some units to people in the US, can they still use the same "argument"?  But that's not to say that they can't come up with some crappy excuse again for the blackmailing.

26 minutes ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

Either way, it's win-win for them, lose-lose to us. :rolleyes:

I'll chime in to give hope.

Mine shipped out to the US yesterday.  I had no contact with them on this aside from the initial order.

I PO'ed and payed on 10/6. 

Does anyone have issues getting their Kairos’ intakes to stay locked in in fighter and gerwalk mode? It feels like the hip joint section(for lack of a better term) is bumping into something that is preventing it from going any higher, so the intakes kind of see-saw(if you lock the left one in, the right one pops out, and vice-versa).

Paid for mine on the 10th October, (currently in France). Thought I got it on the day the Po'd opened... but nope.

Anyway....as far as them selling their stock on Yh.Jp, or whatever other shady practices, highly unlikely, they deal with thousands upon thousands of different lines, products, etc, can't imagine they'd steep so low, just for a DX. As for asking more for it. How could they justify it?

NY : " Right you Macross cockroaches, here's the current situation, we have 200 pieces but sold 1000 as our temp staff hired before X-Mas, did not get trained on our ordering system and left the preorders opened too long for that item. So available stocks will be put into a lottery draw, send prayers to your Deculture gods you might get lucky " ??:blink:

On a slightly different topic,(wrong section, but as we're discussing NY latest Po fiasco..) Earlier they had the Po for the HMR Ostrich. Got one as soon as the PO opened...Then, around 7:00 Pm Tokyo time, like a few hours later, it was already sold out...( they'll most probably put more tomorrow as they closed up after the PO opened), I mean we're talking Standard HMR release, highly unlikely that it's already sold out.....then again...:lol:

This is getting tedious though...*Sigh*

I bought mine on 10/7 apparently right after midnight so that's gotta be pretty quick after the order went up right? I've got a rank of 2. I might have picked SAL or airmail because shipping wasn't outrageous, 2400 yen.

So I checked back to my order history with NY to see if they've had a track record for delaying any of my previous orders (due to shortage). There has actually been no other case similar to this and only a handful (?) of my previous orders where the  releases were actually six months away from when I initially placed the orders. One order was for the VF-29 Isamu Dyson Super packs, another order was for the Stampede/tornado packs for the VF-25G and F, and another order but I forgot what it was. However those orders were years ago back in 2014 (?). Meh... really disappointed in NY and the way they've handled keeping their customers updated regarding the release and their orders/stock of the Kairos.

Again for the record, my order according to NY's system was 2017-10-06 21:22:09 and paid fully 1.5 mins later. There was no pay it option since it was a TWE.

EDIT: Oh and since I saw Jenius previous post my NY rank/exp is a 6.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

I ordered through NY as well.

Order placed 2017-10-20 00:05:05. I'm in Australia. No shipping notice yet.

For what it's worth: I ordered a Transformers Masterpiece BAPE exclusive from them a few years ago. It's value increased rapidly upon release date. I got an email from NY saying that the box was damaged and refunded me, no options given. Interestingly, the same thin happened to another member of TFW2005 - exactly the same email too. 'Integrity' isn't something I associate with Nippon-Yassan, they are a sly bunch (but you already knew that).

10 minutes ago, Tober said:

I ordered through NY as well.

Order placed 2017-10-20 00:05:05. I'm in Australia. No shipping notice yet.

For what it's worth: I ordered a Transformers Masterpiece BAPE exclusive from them a few years ago. It's value increased rapidly upon release date. I got an email from NY saying that the box was damaged and refunded me, no options given. Interestingly, the same thin happened to another member of TFW2005 - exactly the same email too. 'Integrity' isn't something I associate with Nippon-Yassan, they are a sly bunch (but you already knew that).

That is one serious shady business in my books with no options to choose from? Sounds like a true scammer, but instead of taking your hard earned funds and runs out the door, NY returns your money back.

On a side note: I've been reading ebay scammers on TFW2005 as well. Instead of what you originally ordered from, you get a bag of snacks or a cheap trinket in return.. Like SRSLY?? :blink:

So I checked my order history on NY and I placed the order 06 Oct at 20:24 EU time, payment completed 23:53, I’m apparently rank 02. Hope this helps to understand the order they are following...if any? Hopefully we will all have our copies eventually.

Thanks for making the list @technoblue.

Still haven’t received my VF-31A from NY but I have a feeling that I will eventually.  Ordered on 10/6/17 at 21:07:25.  Rank # 3.  Eco SAL shipping.  From the US.

Edited by sh9000

26 minutes ago, borgified said:

That is one serious shady business in my books with no options to choose from? Sounds like a true scammer, but instead of taking your hard earned funds and runs out the door, NY returns your money back.

They return your money back because they know they can find a current buyer who'll pay twice as much for it. :p 

If I don't hear anything in another week or so, I'm going to just flat out yell at them and offer to pay the current going price for them, see if I can't call their bluff.  I'm not happy about paying the extra, but if I can get the items I ordered and drag their reputation through the mud it deserves?  I'll take that bullet.

Edited by Chronocidal

13 minutes ago, Syngyne said:

Does anyone have issues getting their Kairos’ intakes to stay locked in in fighter and gerwalk mode? It feels like the hip joint section(for lack of a better term) is bumping into something that is preventing it from going any higher, so the intakes kind of see-saw(if you lock the left one in, the right one pops out, and vice-versa).

Hope you can wait until everyone have their own Kairos copy to check that see-saw intakes problem. ^_^

I'm still holding on to the hope that the eBay seller I purchased my VF-31A from will come through, but other than a quick exchange we had about a week after official release when I inquired about it and was assured that the toy was expected at the end of March there hasn't been any word (It's only April 2nd so I won't worry in earnest until a few more days pass)... and given all the frustrated back and forth in this thread I find my hopes of ever seeing my copy dwindling a little bit every day with the very real possibility that the money I paid is lost because it's already been more that 180 days since the order was placed and paid. :unsure:

30 minutes ago, borgified said:

On a side note: I've been reading ebay scammers on TFW2005 as well. Instead of what you originally ordered from, you get a bag of snacks or a cheap trinket in return.. Like SRSLY?? :blink:

Remember the Mospeada Tread "deal" at Walmart a while back? One of their vendors, i think it was Toynk Toys had Treads for ~$6 (or something ridiculously cheap like that). People, including myself ordered them and got a keychain instead. Of course, they refunded the orders and even let me keep the keychain but WTF?!:p 

I had to dispute a preorder that I paid with PayPal, that I believe was past 180 days. I cited this rule and got my money back right away:

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/does-paypal-permit-transactions-for-pre-sale-items-faq1488#business

2 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I had to dispute a preorder that I paid with PayPal, that I believe was past 180 days. I cited this rule and got my money back right away:

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/does-paypal-permit-transactions-for-pre-sale-items-faq1488#business

Dispute against NY?

1 minute ago, no3Ljm said:

Sad to say it is, David. :(

Did you also order from NY? I know you ordered one but not sure which store. If so, you already have yours?

i only ordered one from CDjapan that shipped but have 3 items already paid at NY, 2 coming in this month. i'm watching closely as i'm getting worried. 

13 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Damn, that would have been handy for some money I lost with Anime Island...

15 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

No I believe it was ninnin 

So in your case the transaction was both past 180 days and not received/shipped? (which I'm assuming the seller needs to prove they shipped the item and it was delivered). Hmm... sounds enticing to use as a reason to go past the 180 day buyer protection plan. Could always say 'I knew the release was near the 180 day window but thought the seller would be able to follow through before the expiration time'.

50 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

i only ordered one from CDjapan that shipped but have 3 items already paid at NY, 2 coming in this month. i'm watching closely as i'm getting worried. 

You mean different items separate from the Valks?  Because I’ve already received two other iyems from NY in the same time you all have been waiting so it’s not a consistent issue across the board.