1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

I offered $300, or actually it went up to $302 to anyone who was fed up and didn't want their order from NY to give it to me a few posts back. Offer still stands. 

I would have got you one back when they were first listed at NY and sold it to you for the exact discounted price.  There would be 2 in limbo right now but NY has not failed me so far.

45 minutes ago, Smacky said:

I wonder if NY is shipping based on your rank.  I'm only Rank 1 and ordered mine Oct 6 and still no shipping notice.

I think only people that don’t live in the US have had their VF-31A from NY shipped or delivered.

6 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

See, I'll be honest, this type of thing would have me screaming bloody murder at them for shafting their customers.  You don't go cancelling orders, and then sell newly acquired items to whoever happens to click fast enough.  You send an apology to the customer you cancelled on, and offer the item to them first. :angry: 

150% agreed

-b.

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Part joking, part real. I'm not going to back out of what I said, joking or not. Just seems like a lot of people are saying they'd rather have refunds and are fed up with NY. I figure $300 covers more than anyone paid NY with enough to cover slapping postage on it to send to me when they get it and have some extra left over to help ease the trauma NY caused. Everyone wins!

Agreed. Would be nice though if all of us can still get this somewhere around MSRP or as close as possible to ease us a bit since we already released some funds on it when we placed this order at NY but I highly doubt that now. :unsure:

54 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

See, I'll be honest, this type of thing would have me screaming bloody murder at them for shafting their customers.  You don't go cancelling orders, and then sell newly acquired items to whoever happens to click fast enough.  You send an apology to the customer you cancelled on, and offer the item to them first. :angry: 

Agreed as well.  :good:

11 hours ago, rdrunner said:

Do we know how many of us are still waiting for NY to deliver, and how many of us have received shipment or notice of shipment?  I wonder if they're holding out on the paypal customers while shipping out quicker to others who chose to pay with credit cards??

All I'm going to add is that I do agree that NY isn't really known for its customer service. This was a great opportunity to improve on those perceptions and provide better communication with regard to the delay and issues related to Bandai's stock. Anyway, it is what it is. I'm not canceling my order. 

For those curious, I went back in the thread and compiled two lists against NY 31A orders. Click on the spoiler tags to view.

This first list shows all members to date who have noted that they have received a "shipping" update from NY:

Spoiler
  • ArchieNov (Philippines)
  • orindlt (1 of 2)
  • eXis10z
  • Hal9000 (United States)
  • 20max20
  • recon (Singapore)
  • ritt0r (United States)
  • wm cheng (Canada)
  • barurutor

Note: The first MW member to note a shipping change for NY posted on March 26.

The second list is much, much longer. This includes all MW members who have noted that they are still waiting on NY 31A shipments:

Spoiler
  • Bahamutzyro
  • Blue Meanie
  • Boobytrap
  • Charles_Xavier
  • CharlesXavier (Asia)
  • Chaotic_Yeti (United States)
  • Chronocidal
  • chyll2
  • cmal (United States)
  • derex3592 (United States)
  • Firefox
  • funkymonkeyjavajunky (United States)
  • Guyffon
  • IXTL
  • jenius (United States)
  • jrhudson311
  • Kinzoku VF (France)
  • Mechapilot77
  • neoexcaliber
  • no3Ljm (United States)
  • NUNS
  • orindlt (2 of 2)
  • PsYcHoDyNaMiX
  • rdrunner
  • ridgebacks
  • Sanity is Optional
  • Scyla (Europe)
  • sh9000 (United States)
  • Smacky (Canada)
  • SpaceCowboy
  • spacemanoeuvres (United States)
  • sumyumgoy (United States)
  • Tallman
  • technoblue (United States)
  • tober (Australia)
  • vfxraven19

Apologies if I missed anyone.

Edited by technoblue
More list updates; adding location data

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I ordered early and paid with card, still no joy on mine.

For those of us who have actually received their orders from NY, I wonder if they had ordered earlier than October (I forgot when the PO was first opened) or if NY really just fulfilled orders at random? 

It's a real shame because I did not like the delta series (and the mecha design of the delta squadron VF's) but liked the VF-31A design a lot.  So if this doesn't work out I don't think I will bother getting another DX toy as "replacement".  :(

6 minutes ago, technoblue said:

All I'm going to add is that I do agree that NY isn't really known for its customer service. This was a great opportunity to improve on those perceptions and provide better communication with regard to the delay and issues related to Bandai's stock. Anyway, it is what it is. I'm not canceling my order. 

For those curious, I went back in the thread and compiled two lists against NY 31A orders. Click on the spoiler tags to view.

This first list shows all members to date who have noted that they have received a "shipping" update from NY:

Hide contents
  • ArchieNov
  • orindlt (1 of 2)
  • eXis10z
  • 20max20
  • recon
  • wm cheng
  • barurutor

The second list is much, much longer. This includes all MW members who have noted that they are still waiting on NY 31A shipments:

Hide contents
  • Bahamutzyro
  • Blue Meanie
  • Boobytrap
  • Charles_Xavier
  • CharlesXavier
  • Chaotic_Yeti
  • Chronocidal
  • chyll2
  • derex3592
  • Firefox
  • Guyffon
  • IXTL
  • jenius
  • jrhudson311
  • Kinzoku VF
  • Mechapilot77
  • neoexcaliber
  • no3Ljm
  • NUNS
  • orindlt (2 of 2)
  • PsYcHoDyNaMiX
  • rdrunner
  • ridgebacks
  • Sanity is Optional
  • Scyla
  • sh9000
  • spacemanoeuvres
  • Tallman
  • technoblue
  • vfxraven19

Thanks for compiling the list, and sorry to see many of us stuck in the same situation as well.  Fingers crossed that we will all get our orders soon.

17 minutes ago, technoblue said:

Reveal hidden contents
  • ArchieNov
  • orindlt (1 of 2)
  • eXis10z
  • 20max20
  • recon
  • wm cheng
  • barurutor

Reveal hidden contents
  • Bahamutzyro
  • Blue Meanie
  • Boobytrap
  • Charles_Xavier
  • CharlesXavier
  • Chaotic_Yeti
  • Chronocidal
  • chyll2
  • derex3592
  • Firefox
  • Guyffon
  • IXTL
  • jenius
  • jrhudson311
  • Kinzoku VF
  • Mechapilot77
  • neoexcaliber
  • no3Ljm
  • NUNS
  • orindlt (2 of 2)
  • PsYcHoDyNaMiX
  • rdrunner
  • ridgebacks
  • Sanity is Optional
  • Scyla
  • sh9000
  • spacemanoeuvres
  • Tallman
  • technoblue
  • vfxraven19

Thanks for the work you put into compiling these lists. It would be interesting to get a quote on when those people preordered their VF-31A.

It also makes me wonder to what percentage the MW boards cover the Macross toy collectors that  have ordered from NY. 

Edited by Scyla

I ordered and paid for mine on 10/27, about three weeks after most people based on the comments I have seen. For selfish reasons I hope that NY fulfills their orders in some random arbitrary manner and not based on order date. :) 

I'll keep hoping that NY will get their stock. If not I'm prepared to pay the aftermarket price for one. This is my favorite VF-31 design and there is no way I won't have one in my collection.

19 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Thanks for compiling the list, and sorry to see many of us stuck in the same situation as well.  Fingers crossed that we will all get our orders soon.

That really sucks. If NY could not fufill the preorders given that maybe bandai put a cap on the max orders each retailer could order, they should have not being so greedy and result in todays situation

28 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

For those of us who have actually received their orders from NY, I wonder if they had ordered earlier than October (I forgot when the PO was first opened) or if NY really just fulfilled orders at random?

PO started October 6, 2017 at 4pm JST.

33 minutes ago, technoblue said:

Hide contents
  • ArchieNov
  • orindlt (1 of 2)
  • eXis10z
  • 20max20
  • recon
  • wm cheng
  • barurutor

Hide contents
  • Bahamutzyro
  • Blue Meanie
  • Boobytrap
  • Charles_Xavier
  • CharlesXavier
  • Chaotic_Yeti
  • Chronocidal
  • chyll2
  • derex3592
  • Firefox
  • Guyffon
  • IXTL
  • jenius
  • jrhudson311
  • Kinzoku VF
  • Mechapilot77
  • neoexcaliber
  • no3Ljm
  • NUNS
  • orindlt (2 of 2)
  • PsYcHoDyNaMiX
  • rdrunner
  • ridgebacks
  • Sanity is Optional
  • Scyla
  • sh9000
  • spacemanoeuvres
  • Tallman
  • technoblue
  • vfxraven19

Thanks for making this list, technoblue. Are most in the first list are from Asia? I know Mr.Cheng is in Canada.

3 minutes ago, Boobytrap said:

I ordered and paid for mine on 10/27, about three weeks after most people based on the comments I have seen. For selfish reasons I hope that NY fulfills their orders in some random arbitrary manner and not based on order date. :) 

I'll keep hoping that NY will get their stock. If not I'm prepared to pay the aftermarket price for one. This is my favorite VF-31 design and there is no way I won't have one in my collection.

Agree with you about the VF-31A design - I am not a fan of the Delta series (that's an understatement) and the color schemes/delta wing designs of the main characters' VFs.  In my opinion this is the best design in the series by far, and I am going to be so bummed if NY cannot deliver on my preorder. What's the after-market price of a VF-31A right now anyway?  (deep breath)

2 minutes ago, recon said:

That really sucks. If NY could not fufill the preorders given that maybe bandai put a cap on the max orders each retailer could order, they should have not being so greedy and result in todays situation

True. And because of Bandai, this is the best time to be a scalper in Japan.

3 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Agree with you about the VF-31A design - I am not a fan of the Delta series (that's an understatement) and the color schemes/delta wing designs of the main characters' VFs.  In my opinion this is the best design in the series by far, and I am going to be so bummed if NY cannot deliver on my preorder. What's the after-market price of a VF-31A right now anyway?  (deep breath)

Right now there's two in Yahoo Japan Auction with a buy it now price for Y48000 and Y70480.

5 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

$350-550.

EDIT: Well poop, 70k yen? Sheesh. I stand corrected.

Edited by kajnrig

7 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

$350-550.

EDIT: Well poop, 70k yen? Sheesh. I stand corrected.

I know. I have to be vigilant for my possible one but not going to pay as high like I bought three of it. :unsure:

8 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

True. And because of Bandai, this is the best time to be a scalper in Japan.

Right now there's two in Yahoo Japan Auction with a buy it now price for Y48000 and Y70480.

NY better not cancel its preorders and put up a second wave on its site for 70k yen...:angry:

1 minute ago, rdrunner said:

NY better not cancel its preorders and put up a second wave on its site for 70k yen...:angry:

You know what, with that price, I rather not buy the VF-31A than not completing the core Delta Platoon. Bandai should need to finish this.

6 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

I can't imagine. They would be taking their reputation, reliable (yet are the slowest), and lighting it on FIRE. 

Edited by Blue Meanie

15 minutes ago, SpaceCowboy said:

Add me to the list that is still waiting on two VF-31A from Nippon-Yassan.  :(

Done.

27 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

PO started October 6, 2017 at 4pm JST.

Thanks for making this list, technoblue. Are most in the first list are from Asia? I know Mr.Cheng is in Canada.

Only three "ship" members have made their location public: Canada, the Philippines, and Singapore are represented.

Beyond that, I have no idea and wouldn't do anyone any favors by guessing.

Edited by technoblue

Just now, technoblue said:

Done.

Only three members have made their location public: Canada, the Philippines, and Singapore are represented.

I know some of them mentioned Asia but not sure who. Anyways, let's just wait and see what they have to say their locations. ;)

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

I would have got you one back when they were first listed at NY and sold it to you for the exact discounted price.  There would be 2 in limbo right now but NY has not failed me so far.

I think only people that don’t live in the US have had their VF-31A from NY shipped or delivered.

Thanks man! I dropped the ball myself and waited too long. NY usually has orders open up to around a month before release. This one closed in early December so it caught me off guard!

2 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

That would be totally F'd up. Something similar happened to me at HasbroToyShop...I hate them but still use the site out of necessity. 

4 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Received in my inbox this morning...

4 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I got the same email but the link is dead

2 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Very interesting since they haven't shipped my order and then cancelled some orders (at least 2 as reported on the Forums) for not having enough stock. But I'm not going to add any stress to myself and with that I'm just going to remain "patient", like someone else said I'm either going to get my 31a's or I'm going to get my money back. 

Methinks (or mehopes) it must have been a human error, since the page has been completely wiped. Likely they were trying to delete it but clicked the wrong button(s). Is this common practice for them? ie deleting pages for discontinued items?

Hopefully this means that they've finally received their stock and will be sending them out by the end of the week. If not, I'll send 'em a query and get back to you all with their answer.

6 minutes ago, Blue Meanie said:

I can't imagine. They would be taking their reputation, reliable (yet are the slowest), and lighting it on FIRE. 

Well they can just sell them through YAJ via a proxy account. The question would be why now and not with other hot items like the Renewal Frontier Valkyries.

9 minutes ago, technoblue said:

Done.

Only three "ship" members have made their location public: Canada, the Philippines, and Singapore are represented.

I'm in the US.

Hmmm.. Reading about the 31a snafus from the members that have pre-ordered from NY, hopefully that your orders for the 31s also from NY also doesn't get affected otherwise, there's going to be a sea of pitch forks, knifes, torches, emails et all towards NY.

Are the 31a being shipped at random at the moment from NY??