2 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

Aim for double SRP :wacko:

If he's lucky maybe he can grab one for the low* price of 35k from Mandarake... assuming the next one doesn't come with an even higher price tag. 

* 35k is probably the best you can hope for on the resell market. 

So I was eyeing the 31A from Imageanime's website for $380, but I had to wait to see what my rabbit's vet bill was going to be before I bought it. The first thing I did after getting home was try and order the figure and of course they sold out before I had a chance to buy it. I can't even find one for $400 now. Anyone know if they are still available anywhere?

* Right after posting this I found it on Amazon with Prime shipping for $399.99. Mine should be delivered on Monday.*

Edited by Crimson9
update

I've had them take a while before, but I don't think any of the TWE items have had this sort of rampant demand.  It seems Bandai just wasn't prepared for the production requests.  I'm actually wondering if this has happened with other CF-ish units, especially with Gundam releases.

Whether they wind up shafting any customers and saying "Too bad, we stopped production" remains to be seen, but the idea that they had to do more than one production run isn't all that surprising, and that would delay the orders.

1 hour ago, neoexcaliber said:

I don't think I've ever had a pre-order item take this long to ship from NY. 2 full weeks after release and still no news. Reading about canceled orders at another site is making me antsy as well. :unsure:

Word on the street is that bandai released the stocks in batches though the official release date was 2 weeks ago. 

We can only keep our fingers crossed. 

I’ll hold on to my NY PO for another 1-2 weeks before I start to look elsewhere. I’m quite sure the secondary price has already hit the max and it’s unlikely that it will go up any or much further. 

3 hours ago, Saburo said:

She's a beauty, lean mean cannon fodder machine!

vf-31A_quick.thumb.png.8c72af29b33280d9f24f023f8653ec75.png

She is indeed lovely. 

It amuses me that a private contractor that can't even afford ammunition is fielding top of the line fighters and giving them to such poorly trained pilots while NUNS is still fielding 30 year old fighters. :lol:

I haven't seen this kind of demand for a valkyrie since the beginning of the Frontier renewal era. And for a web exclusive too. That's nuts. 

The 31A's delta wing configuration is sexy.

vf-31A_quick_01.thumb.jpg.2924f66a0493e2633eaedb99046745c4.jpg

25 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

The second most expensive Delta valkyrie is available again. ;)

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1079286571&ref=list

What a coincidence, I was just thinking about how the Kai is currently no longer the most expensive and most wanted Valkyrie.  I am pretty sure the price of the 31A will go down once retailers start receiving them.

Edited by Saburo

4 hours ago, Saburo said:

She's a beauty, lean mean cannon fodder machine!

vf-31A_quick.thumb.png.8c72af29b33280d9f24f023f8653ec75.png

Yup, she is really a beaut. :wub:

3 hours ago, jenius said:

I keep expecting something in my inbox every morning but still nothing... I wonder what went wrong. I've ordered every TWE through NY and never had an issue.

Can't imagine what's going on between Bandai and Nippon-Yasan at this point. And I'm sure and as much as possible, NY won't refund us just yet. I mean, that's a 5 months old transactions that they need to refund all of a sudden to everyone. Imagine the effort, paperworks, phonecalls to credit cards, and sorry emails to customers compared to let's just confirm with Bandai first if there's more coming in since we have bunches of people already paid for this in advance for us to go to a lot of trouble doing the said above things before doing refunds.

Anyways, I'll wait for another week or two and see if I will get my only order from Nippon-Yasan. If not, I will still be able to sleep peacefully and not worry a thing as long that I will get refunded 100% percent. ^_^

Hopefully it's nothing but it's possible Bandai just dumped NY. After all, these are exclusives and NY was carrying like they were regular releases... maybe Bandai has some new initiative to keep exclusives more exclusive... which may be particularly true with the Macross line since BW is sooooo strict about keeping everything internal to Japan to avoid HG.

I don't know about the price dropping even after more stock comes out. I was just looking at TWE Missile Regult prices and they are pretty astronomical. Regular Regult prices too. People are already shelling out $400 and it's barely out yet. It's gonna be major bank by the end of the year. 

Hmmm not that surprising i suppose...hasegawa's 31a kit sold out as soon as it was listed.

Which seldom happens, for a regular kit release. Of course a non transformable kit is way cheaper than the DX, but price doesn't seem to factor in here.
Not going to address the next alternative ..

btw I wonder how much percentage of the 31A DXs are going to China! ;)

Edited by seti88

45 minutes ago, jenius said:

Hopefully it's nothing but it's possible Bandai just dumped NY. After all, these are exclusives and NY was carrying like they were regular releases... maybe Bandai has some new initiative to keep exclusives more exclusive... which may be particularly true with the Macross line since BW is sooooo strict about keeping everything internal to Japan to avoid HG.

If they had done that, I don't think we'd have seen anyone actually getting them from NY, but a few have reported preparation notices.

2 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

If they had done that, I don't think we'd have seen anyone actually getting them from NY, but a few have reported preparation notices.

And they have other Bandai products go on preorder since the release date of the 31A. People are just freaking out like what always happens when an item doesn't ship immediately. It does seem like there are supply issues in this case but likely on Bandai. I'll be happy to pay $300 for anyone's NY order if they are so upset they want to swear off the shop. :D

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

Hmmm not that surprising i suppose...hasegawa's 31a kit sold out as soon as it was listed.

Which seldom happens, for a regular kit release. Of course a non transformable kit is way cheaper than the DX, but price doesn't seem to factor in here.
Not going to address the next alternative ..

btw I wonder how much percentage of the 31A DXs are going to China! ;)

From what I know, Chinese collectors need to come to Hong Kong to get their fix. A lot of products aren't sold over the border. It's not the same era as the days when all scalpers took inventory to China. There are scalpers everywhere and they are and forever will be enemies of toy collectors! 

In HK, the VF-31A wasn't all that hot during the preorder period but I snagged 3 since I loved the design. Haven't looked back and was glad that day when I grabbed my trio of badasses! The current local going price has gone up to around $400 so I'll probably not get a fourth.

The QC on all three seem to be so-so, and I have a slightly scratched canopy on one which I managed to switch out into one of the other Kairos'.

Edited by Shukenzero

26 minutes ago, Shukenzero said:

From what I know, Chinese collectors need to come to Hong Kong to get their fix. A lot of products aren't sold over the border. It's not the same era as the days when all scalpers took inventory to China. There are scalpers everywhere and they are and forever will be enemies of toy collectors! 

In HK, the VF-31A wasn't all that hot during the preorder period but I snagged 3 since I loved the design. Haven't looked back and was glad that day when I grabbed my trio of badasses! The current local going price has gone up to around $400 so I'll probably not get a fourth.

The QC on all three seem to be so-so, and I have a slightly scratched canopy on one which I managed to switch out into one of the other Kairos'.

Am sure enterprising folks would find a way to get goods across in all sorts of circumstances. That being said tho, perhaps its possible that the growing middle class in CN cities are snapping macross goods up directly online?

Am not sure if there are any blocks to JP online retailers like ami/hlj or so in CN, but i don't think there should be.

3 hours ago, Slave IV said:

And they have other Bandai products go on preorder since the release date of the 31A. People are just freaking out like what always happens when an item doesn't ship immediately. It does seem like there are supply issues in this case but likely on Bandai. I'll be happy to pay $300 for anyone's NY order if they are so upset they want to swear off the shop. :D

Nah. Me? I'm just worried. Besides, I can't swear off that shop. Not just yet. I still have lots of paid PO's in advance with them not to mention the lost package issue that I'm still waiting for regarding my shipping insurance compensation. Worried? Yes. Freaked out? No. ^_^

At this point, I rather wait instead of selling it for $300. ;) Did you say $301? Hmmm. You want my paypal email now? Not! Hahaha! :lol: 

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

Did anyone in the US receive their VF-31A from NY?

Count me out. For now. :unsure:

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

Am sure enterprising folks would find a way to get goods across in all sorts of circumstances. That being said tho, perhaps its possible that the growing middle class in CN cities are snapping macross goods up directly online?

Am not sure if there are any blocks to JP online retailers like ami/hlj or so in CN, but i don't think there should be.

I think the growing middle class is buying everything, but it's cooled down for the past couple of years. I haven't noticed a difference is supply when it comes to online preorder madness- it's always madness lol.

Delta hasn't been particularly popular judging by the stock levels, so this whole Kairos debacle is more Bandai dropping the ball more than anything. I've noticed the excess stock from Macross DXes and Gundam Metal Builds, on top of Hot Toys' prices being more normal; just seems like toy collecting has levelled off. 

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Nah. Me? I'm just worried. Besides, I can't swear off that shop. Not just yet. I still have lots of paid PO's in advance with them not to mention the lost package issue that I'm still waiting for regarding my shipping insurance compensation. Worried? Yes. Freaked out? No. ^_^

At this point, I rather wait instead of selling it for $300. ;) Did you say $301? Hmmm. You want my paypal email now? Not! Hahaha! :lol: 

Count me out. For now. :unsure:

I didn't mean anyone in particular but just an attempt to see if anyone was willing to put their potential Valk where their mouth (or keyboard finger) is. 

So...what about $302?:D