Was the photo frenzy this... well, frenzied with the other 31s? I don't know, but whatever the case I'm still super excited for mine to arrive. Hopefully this spells good news for the secondhand market if I ever decide to get rid of mine.

Edited by kajnrig

On 3/16/2018 at 12:12 PM, no3Ljm said:

You guys seem to forget the other basic Macross stand everyone needs. ^_^

New-1-PC-Clear-Plastic-Plate-Stands-Bowl-Plate-Display-Stands-Picture-Frame-Stand-Easel-Pedestal.jpg_640x640.jpg.f98cc1ab5c6c29367d7e3c5a1155a5f6.jpg

My grandma had many of these, I used to use them as pretend guns when I was a kid (yes and even as an adult). :D

Edited by Saburo

1 minute ago, Lolicon said:

Only if you're lucky enough to get through their rings of death and get a preorder in. After that they jack up the price to among the highest around. :p

True that! My statement still stands, especially with the "to begin with" part to cover your point. ;)

I'm one of the ring of death victims on that last round for the 31S. To be fair, they seem to be reopening orders close to release dates at original price and only jacking up later after release. Hope I can grab a 31A and 31S with their discount still but I'm not complaining if I can't. 

5 hours ago, funkymonkeyjavajunky said:

I agree. My 'Discount Power' saved me $5.49 USD. :huh:

Damn scandalous it is! Sideshow Collectibles were throwing $25-$35 discounts at you all the time. NY could definitely learn a thing from them. Surprised NY are still in business if that's how they reward their customers.

4 hours ago, Slave IV said:

The NY discount is a joke when it saves someone $5 but it's an outrage when they ask for $3 extra to ship something. This is all after the fact that they already charge less than any other shop to begin with. :good:

If you like their discount system fair enough. I have other places to buy valks for cheaper and less shipping costs to boot.

Edited by TrickyCustomer

1 hour ago, TrickyCustomer said:

If you like their discount system fair enough. I have other places to buy valks for cheaper and less shipping costs to boot.

Where are you finding valks cheaper and less shipping than NY?

22 minutes ago, TrickyCustomer said:

Do you guys not shop around? Even ebay can be cheaper than NY. Depends on what your looking for.  

@TrickyCustomer Yes I shop around quite a bit.

Are you talking about new releases or items that have been released for a while? It’s tough to beat new releases at NY. Please let us know where you’re seeing cheaper preorder prices  

For items that have been out for a while I find yahoo auctions, rakuten and mandarake to be fair. Find something on eBay once in a long while but that’s more the exception than the rule. 

Edited by spacemanoeuvres

24 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Whoa.. if you did find valk's selling on eBay cheaper than NY, then congrats to you!

That did not happen to me one time at all getting valks all these past years...:( 

I bought a brand new Yf-25 on ebay recently £175 all in. I always Google what I'm looking for then check each site for prices and postage. 

37 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

@TrickyCustomer Yes I shop around quite a bit.

Are you talking about new releases or items that have been released for a while? It’s tough to beat new releases at NY. Please let us know where you’re seeing cheaper preorder prices  

For items that have been out for a while I find yahoo auctions, rakuten and mandarake to be fair. Find something on eBay once in a long while but that’s more the exception than the rule. 

I was speaking more about their general prices. Jungle is another good site similar to mandarake. 

Ah right, you were referring to post-release pricing. The discount price of N-Y, in my lexicon anyway, are the discounted pre-order prices N-Y has over the rest.
Anything after release dates, N-Y effectively marks valks up so i dont see them as discounted valks...

of course non-renewals, vf-171 CF's and the odd Percival 29 notwithstanding :p

Thanks for clearing it up....

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

Ah right, you were referring to post-release pricing. The discount price of N-Y, in my lexicon anyway, are the discounted pre-order prices N-Y has over the rest.
Anything after release dates, N-Y effectively marks valks up so i dont see them as discounted valks...

of course non-renewals, vf-171 CF's and the odd Percival 29 notwithstanding :p

Thanks for clearing it up....

I've only had one dealing with NY regarding pre orders. That's the Arcadia  vf-0s premium currently on pre order. It's hardly a low price pre order but I have not had a look around for anywhere cheaper on that one. Of the stuff I have bought from them recently, I'm not impressed with their slow processing and shipping times and the crap discount you get for spending big money with them, it takes the p×ss! No problem, thankfully there are a few places for pre orders when it comes to valks ;)

9 minutes ago, TrickyCustomer said:

What are those tanks and missiles from may i ask? The retractable missile pods really suit the 31a. This valk is getting better all the time.

10F4FD59-F004-45C7-9296-35A0F3F5F9FD.thumb.jpeg.ac0abee8a8b6fdab9e6c4fa3f3015bf9.jpeg

They’re all missiles taken from the VF-31 Master File books.  I suspect these were ordered from Shapeways via our very own Xigfrid.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/44639-3d-model-request-missileordnance-for-dx-toys/?page=1

Edited by Mommar